Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Scored a couple more rotary tattoo machines this week for FREE!! Same company as my other one. These run so quiet that you can't ever hear them.

A plus compared to the coils ones that are not only loud AF, but run at 60-120hz. Has made enjoying midbass so much easier, now that my ears aren't blocking out those frequencies by the end of the day.

No photo description available.

Technically payed $10 and gas, but close enough. Had delivered this chair to a guy that bought it. He was trying to sell them to me but ended up giving them to me by the time I left. Plus got rid of the chair!Image may contain: people sitting, shoes and indoor

I’ve been trying to empty out the garage lately. Have boxes of old car parts like pulleys, brackets and yokes. So I get on eBay and see they’re selling for 30-40+ a piece. So listed them up with a ton of other shit I’m selling. Lol

4 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Nice score and ink!

Dude I’m over the top about the rims and tires!!

Had only seen one other set of used aftermarket rims since I have actively been looking over the last 2 years, and they wanted 800 just for the rims. Plus those ones were over 200 miles away.

On 1/28/2019 at 7:17 AM, Aaron Clinton said:

Only one brand goes Zoom Zoom. 

How ‘bout vroom vroom?

Nice flying into a bigger airport as the rental car place has more variety. They tried to get me to upgrade to the Jaguar. 

That v dub had excellent take off from the 60 to 100 mph range. 

Really contemplating building a ported box for my Icons this spring. Maybe even just a box for one. They are basically sleeping most of the time. But when I do crank the 32hz and wail on them, they quickly run out of excursion.

That comes after hearing my daughters Dcon again the other day. It’s in an oversized box (3.5 ft.³ for a 15”) with 20 in.³ per for a port. So smooth and natural sounding.

Not to mention I am jealous as hell of the bass engine on the alpine head units.

Oh yeah, scored a pair of the ND20 Dayton tweeters this week also for $10.50 shipped!! Should be here today. Woot woot!

Listed a 99 Mercury Mountaineer V8 mechanic special yesterday for my sister. They had had it on craigslist for a couple months now with no responses. I threw it on FB marketplace and I’m up to about nine or 10 inquiries with someone coming to look at it today.

Does anyone even use punctuation anymore? Makes me want to stick a plastic fork in my eye.

Had to fire a motherfucker today. Is a liability and has no respect for the business. 

Always hate the weird feeling I get from having to do that. Dude has been a friend since junior high. C’est la vie.

13 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Had to fire a motherfucker today. Is a liability and has no respect for the business. 

Always hate the weird feeling I get from having to do that. Dude has been a friend since junior high. C’est la vie.

Had to do the same thing a year ago, tried to help a friend turn his life around. He took advantage of the situation and our friendship. I probably gave him too many chances to improve but I definitely don’t regret letting him go though.

9 hours ago, S.DeYoung said:

Had to do the same thing a year ago, tried to help a friend turn his life around. He took advantage of the situation and our friendship. I probably gave him too many chances to improve but I definitely don’t regret letting him go though.

The messed up thing is my brother is the same way and he is the boss. Thus where the guy got the standard. The guy has been sleeping at my brothers for about two years now also. 

My brother has only worked half a dozen days in the last year. But at least I have boundaries set with him at this point, as to where his actions affect me very little.  I would fire him too if I could.

I run a tight ship, take pride in my work and have very high work ethic. Once somebody effects that I will hold them accountable. 

Thanks for your insight Sean. I appreciate it. 

12 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

The messed up thing is my brother is the same way and he is the boss. Thus where the guy got the standard. The guy has been sleeping at my brothers for about two years now also. 

My brother has only worked half a dozen days in the last year. But at least I have boundaries set with him at this point, as to where his actions affect me very little.  I would fire him too if I could.

I run a tight ship, take pride in my work and have very high work ethic. Once somebody effects that I will hold them accountable. 

Thank you for yours as well, it’s always easier/reassuring that others go through the same thing and would do the same. There are days that I wonder did I do the right thing even though in the back of my mind I know I did. It’s hard giving someone a chance to improve their life and they throw it away for no reason. I will never have that mindset and have no idea why people think the way they do.

22 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Those same high standards are the reason my left arm has had no additions since I last saw you.

J

Sorry to hear Ryan. Family holding on ok?

J

On 1/31/2019 at 11:39 AM, j-roadtatts said:

Really contemplating building a ported box for my Icons this spring. Maybe even just a box for one. They are basically sleeping most of the time. But when I do crank the 32hz and wail on them, they quickly run out of excursion.

Pix pretty please. :)

On 1/31/2019 at 11:41 AM, j-roadtatts said:

That comes after hearing my daughters Dcon again the other day. It’s in an oversized box (3.5 ft.³ for a 15”) with 20 in.³ per for a port. So smooth and natural sounding.

Not to mention I am jealous as hell of the bass engine on the alpine head units.

:) :) :) :)

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate car shopping? 

2 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

You do seem to do it every 3 months. :D

ATV shopping.  Neighbor has one so I have someone to ride with.  Why do I always want a unicorn?

Because your addicted to an 18mo vehicle search.  

20 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Admit it... it’s more like a love/hate. :wacky:

11 hours ago, ///M5 said:

ATV shopping.  Neighbor has one so I have someone to ride with.  Why do I always want a unicorn?

Which ones are you looking at?