Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

6 hours ago, dem beats said:

Holy fuck.  That's amazing.  I need this in my life!!!

Evebody needs this in their life. The vapor caves next door as well.

I learned to swim in this pool. 

3 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Three Saturdays ago I came down stairs and my boys had started Bob Ross on Netflix.  Lol

I think more kids watch it now then when it was originally on. Which is good!

Well, I finally got myself a decent beater truck.  It's ugly, dirty, and rusty, but the frame and suspension is SOLID, and the mechanicals are all on point!  I can finally park the bird!

22 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

Well, I finally got myself a decent beater truck.  It's ugly, dirty, and rusty, but the frame and suspension is SOLID, and the mechanicals are all on point!  I can finally park the bird!

SCORE! that’s the way I like ‘em. :)

They can't be ceramic.  Ceramic pads create very little dust and the dust they do make is opaque and hard to see.  They also don't squeak or squeal.  The only reason you should hear any noises from ceramic pads should be from the wear indicators.  Well, that or you have a shim or something else rubbing the rotor.

Hmmm, they did say ceramic, but I wouldn't be too surprised. I wonder if they sent me the wrong stuff because they are definitely not low dust

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Rear-Drilled-Slotted-Brake-Rotors-Ceramic-Pads-For-Santa-Fe-Kia-Sorento/401166000933?hash=item5d675b6325:g:gUMAAOSwvEBbakxQ:sc:FedExHomeDelivery!78254!US!-1:rk:1:pf:1&frcectupt=true

No offense, but I think you're a victim of the Chinese ebay store goods.  I've never even heard of Brakemotive, and a simple Google search yields not much other than the Ebay store.   A look at the photo of the rotors reveals they're grooved which means they're not machined properly, then a coating is applied over this which means even more high/low spots.  I'd look elsewhere in the future. 

2 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

No offense, but I think you're a victim of the Chinese ebay store goods.  I've never even heard of Brakemotive, and a simple Google search yields not much other than the Ebay store.   A look at the photo of the rotors reveals they're grooved which means they're not machined properly, then a coating is applied over this which means even more high/low spots.  I'd look elsewhere in the future. 

I could very well be. I took the word of some rando's on an audio internet forum :P 

I may just replace them all here soon.

Any suggestions? I don't need race car performance, just something OE quality

I would try to find OEM parts first.  I've also had great success with Power Stop kits from Rock Auto.  That's usually what I purchase for my daily vehicles.

I know tons of people who are happy with Brakemotive on ebay.

I almost got some but they don't make then for my vehicle.  I CANNOT find affordable brakes for the 550 at all.

You know 2000+ people who have used their products and are happy with them?   LOL!

Clearly, Mike did not receive what was advertised.

I should clarify since poetic liscenceis is  verboten!

I know ~5 people who have used them over some 15-20 times without problem. The BIL has used them for every break job for himself and his girlfriend for years though.

For me, I have no love for them.  I ordered breaks from them and they sent me the wrong ones. 

I’ve had great luck with the premium ceramics from the good ‘ole parts store. No dust, and super grippy once seated after a few hundred miles. Last as long as oem’s also.

Powerstop FTW

PTO cylinder is kaput.  Trip cut short.  Frustration is beyond levels of reality

Rainy,rainy sunday...We have had so much rain here everything is a mess.Going to rain all week again pretty much,if it gets any worse I will have to take a boat to the grocery store and Wal-Mart.

SHit, it fucking snowed here again.  I'm sick of this hot, cold, hot, cold, COLD, hot bull shit.

11 hours ago, ///M5 said:

PTO cylinder is kaput.  Trip cut short.  Frustration is beyond levels of reality

Oh shit.

Did you get stranded?

1 hour ago, Tirefryr said:

SHit, it fucking snowed here again.  I'm sick of this hot, cold, hot, cold, COLD, hot bull shit.

Yep,temperature is like a rollercoaster ride here as well.

I'm sick as all hell.  Thankfully I don't need to be super sharp at the new job yet.

Living on cold meds and soup. Ungh.

On 2/15/2019 at 10:00 PM, Tirefryr said:

Photos sir?

On 2/15/2019 at 7:59 PM, j-roadtatts said:

The vapor cave.

That's what I call my red room of pain.

:D

Coke sets, and choke sex baby.