Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Gangs are everywhere.  The worst ones are preschoolers!

I live in a very different part of the US than you do.

Minneapolis is a different kind of bubble and even more so in the suburban area I reside in.

There are still gangs there.

On 5/17/2019 at 7:17 PM, Tirefryr said:

4:10s.

4.30 or bust

51 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

There are still gangs there.

I know.  Some areas I avoid.  Opposite near where I live.  One of my neighbors moved in here in 1974 and has never had a lock on their front door.

We have gangs of kids with paddle boards.

Here it's the M.O.D. and 612 gangs.  The bloods and crips are a bit less prevalent.   The Hmong(predominantly) gangs proved to be some of the bloodiest and deadliest per capitalist.  Partially due to the heavy reliance on $$$$ from meth and gun sales.

We also are the nation's #1 at middle east and northern African terrorist recuitment....

So that's a thing.

So I REALLY need to learn about shotguns.  Gavin has taken up trap and skeet.  I purchased a 20 for him yesterday.  He went to shoot today and it would not cycle.    I purchased a used gun at the advice of the gun shop I went to and the guy who helped us actually shoots trap at the same spot Gavin is training.  Come to find out, the gun is missing some parts.  I'm hoping they make this right and on the quick.  I've never seen the boy more excited in his life than when he's shooting.

46 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

So I REALLY need to learn about shotguns.  Gavin has taken up trap and skeet.  I purchased a 20 for him yesterday.  He went to shoot today and it would not cycle.    I purchased a used gun at the advice of the gun shop I went to and the guy who helped us actually shoots trap at the same spot Gavin is training.  Come to find out, the gun is missing some parts.  I'm hoping they make this right and on the quick.  I've never seen the boy more excited in his life than when he's shooting.

They better make that gun right, they should have never traded it or bought it without shooting it first.

Anytime you buy a gun you either break it down or have the shop break it down. Even if it is brand new.

Fun little project

IMG_20190521_082257.jpg

IMG_20190520_183815.jpg

1 minute ago, nem said:

They better make that gun right, they should have never traded it or bought it without shooting it first.

Anytime you buy a gun you either break it down or have the shop break it down. Even if it is brand new.

Thanks for this!  I've never purchased used and only did so in case he didn't want to continue next year.  I'm sure they'll do right.  I've spent a lot of money at this place and they've never let me down before.  The place is actually owned by one the nation's largest wholesalers. 

1 minute ago, Tirefryr said:

Thanks for this!  I've never purchased used and only did so in case he didn't want to continue next year.  I'm sure they'll do right.  I've spent a lot of money at this place and they've never let me down before.  The place is actually owned by one the nation's largest wholesalers. 

You got it!

My question would be who checked this gun before it was out to be sold?

2 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

I hope they make it right!

They better, that is crap.

That's some serious bullshit!! My step dad helps out the school trap team for a town over that kids at my former school can join. He sees that 'spark' in their eyes when it clicks, and he says it's great. Hopefully they get him in a better setup at no charge due to that negligence.

J

Also speaking of shootings, I had a professor ask for a volunteer to demonstrate his 'preferred way' of picking up the digital textbook from from someone who didn't have it yet. That someone was me. Afterwards he suggested I should get extra credit for volunteering to help. He says I get 5 points, one girl suggests 2 since that's how his classes started last semester on EC.

I just sit there smirking as I could give a fuck less. He then says 'nah we gotta give him 4, don't want him to shoot up the class because he didn't get full value'. My jaw dropped and I loudly let him know (paraphrasing here) 'Sorry mac, but after 10 years in the US Army I'm not the one you want for that joke. That shit isn't me and it isn't funny.'

I stayed after class and explained to him 1-on-1 that in 2019 that not only is that shit not funny, but considering I'm white, male, and a metal head, I am statistically the most likely to do this. Considering he is black, effeminate sounding, never married, loves Disney, and used to go for the women, but not he likes watching the kids since he had none. Pointed out to him that I could make jokes about him being a pedder ass and other things, and he says he sees my point. Told him if he wants to make cracks like that I can swap classes, sign in and leave immediately (since he admitted he only cares about the sheet, not if we stay), or I can not participate and just sit there and half ass my shit. His choice on how he wants to act. Prolly not the right way to go, but my give a fuck with ignorant professors has run out.

We'll see tomorrow what has changed.

J

16 minutes ago, dem beats said:

Integrity 101% J

Good for you!

I appreciate that mang. Honestly, I've just had enough of the double standards, and the 'if you aren't white you can say anything; straight, white men need to know their place and stay quiet with their white privileged asses'. I figure worst case scenario I get the boot, and I have one hell of a case if that happens. In the mean time, do what I need to do.

J

13 hours ago, dem beats said:

Here it's the M.O.D. and 612 gangs.  The bloods and crips are a bit less prevalent.   The Hmong(predominantly) gangs proved to be some of the bloodiest and deadliest per capitalist.  Partially due to the heavy reliance on $$$$ from meth and gun sales.

We also are the nation's #1 at middle east and northern African terrorist recuitment....

So that's a thing.

Working in a prison i get to see everything.

From 1%er's (bike gangs), to crips and bloods, mafia families, native american gangs, hispanic gangs (we had a sureno from bay harbor for a bit), asian gangs to guys connected to terrorist cells.

The whole crip/blood thing is getting really muddy of late.  The allegiances seem to be more based on neighborhood and can change quickly.

When shit goes down on the street they inevitably go down at work. 

Edited by nigel

7 hours ago, Godsmack said:

I appreciate that mang. Honestly, I've just had enough of the double standards, and the 'if you aren't white you can say anything; straight, white men need to know their place and stay quiet with their white privileged asses'. I figure worst case scenario I get the boot, and I have one hell of a case if that happens. In the mean time, do what I need to do.

J

The approach you took is absolutely right...depending on the tone and way you delivered the message.  Definitely props mang.

In avoiding one accident, I got into another.  IS300 passenger side front is pretty fucked and I am quite heart broken as I know they are going to total it.  Took me 4 years to find the car, had it 4 years, put 100k on it.  Best all around car I have ever owned. :(

That blows! Wanna buy a Mustang?  Lol!

2 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

That blows! Wanna buy a Mustang?  Lol!

I can't do 80 miles a day minimum on 4.10 gears.  ;)