Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

10 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Speaking of concerts, I have two tickets to the Grand Ole Opry for Friday October 4th. That I am not going to be able to use. Going to a college football game instead.

I have them listed on stub hub but have had no bites. I have a feeling they may not sell, so I would be more than willing to give them to one of you guys if you will use them. They are front row guaranteed seats. Basically the best one could get.  Also have a parking pass I purchased as well. 

@mikel7829 @Tirefryr @topgun   Or anyone else that is interested. Let me know and I will figure out how to transfer them, if no one buys them first. 

Thanks for the offer but I'll have to pass.  I've been 3? rows from the front center at the Grand Ole Opry, was an awesome time!  

Speaking of concerts, I have two tickets to the Grand Ole Opry for Friday October 4th. That I am not going to be able to use. Going to a college football game instead.

I have them listed on stub hub but have had no bites. I have a feeling they may not sell, so I would be more than willing to give them to one of you guys if you will use them. They are front row guaranteed seats. Basically the best one could get.  Also have a parking pass I purchased as well. 

@mikel7829 @Tirefryr @topgun   Or anyone else that is interested. Let me know and I will figure out how to transfer them, if no one buys them first. 

Thanks for the offer but I'll have to pass.  I've been 3? rows from the front center at the Grand Ole Opry, was an awesome time!  

Apparently I don't post enough to remember how to work the forum either...  Itchy TF.  

2 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Car #3 is down now too.  Fuck me. . . . .  Only have two more left running.  Hope my driveshaft is done tomorrow.

My family has a saying...  If your going to run junk, you've got to run a lot of it.  

Maybe its because we're cheap...  

54 minutes ago, topgun said:

As soon as I posted this morning someone bought them.

They were a b-day gift that I’d just found out about. I'm sure I’ll make some day. This year I’ve just had to prioritize the daughter. 

6 hours ago, dem beats said:

Let me know, if you wanna go one year, I know some people and can probably get extremely reduced rates.  Or at least we can stag it up.

If you’re ever going and I won’t be a third wheel, let me know. If I can make it I will be there in a heartbeat.

1 hour ago, j-roadtatts said:

If you’re ever going and I won’t be a third wheel, let me know. If I can make it I will be there in a heartbeat.

Super cool.

I'll look into it!  You and I would be sharing a cot my dude!

:D

12 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Dang.  I will be in Paris...can't fly down.

42 minutes ago, dem beats said:

Super cool.

I'll look into it!  You and I would be sharing a cot my dude!

I down with that!

Just need at least months notice. Lord willing I don’t have anything else take president.

10 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Dang.  I will be in Paris...can't fly down.

Is the 94th anniversary show. Imagine would be extra neat.

Excellent evening with the granddaughter. Walked to the park and matched her ride for ride on the slides. Along with everything else there. Then she made me paint her nails. She’s got me wrapped at 2 years old. :wub:

Matt - haven't bought a new dongle.  Google 2 is what I have as it came with the Pixel 3.  Compared to the built in one in my laptop it is definitely noticeably quieter...but playing louder than it can causes the hardwired output to over drive the signal.  The noise floor is also significantly lower on the google adapter.  It has a bit more roll off on the top end, but not monstrously.  I prefer the dongle to the built in.

...of course you made me listen and now both sound flat, lol.  Time to shop for a real solution.  The Apple dongle seems to be the sub $10 deal, but the output is limited thanks to the EU 85dB requirement that can be over ridden on an Apple but I haven't found a way to do that on the Pixel yet....but haven't looked either.  Since I am in my hotel room thought hell I would do some A/B.  Tried from Classical, Blues, Jazz to Jamiquai then tried Pandora to see if compressed garbage was way worse.

In general I don't have a dynamic problem with the output....not super loud, but more than enough to power the Alclairs.

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

Matt - haven't bought a new dongle.  Google 2 is what I have as it came with the Pixel 3.  Compared to the built in one in my laptop it is definitely noticeably quieter...but playing louder than it can causes the hardwired output to over drive the signal.  The noise floor is also significantly lower on the google adapter.  It has a bit more roll off on the top end, but not monstrously.  I prefer the dongle to the built in.

...of course you made me listen and now both sound flat, lol.  Time to shop for a real solution.  The Apple dongle seems to be the sub $10 deal, but the output is limited thanks to the EU 85dB requirement that can be over ridden on an Apple but I haven't found a way to do that on the Pixel yet....but haven't looked either.  Since I am in my hotel room thought hell I would do some A/B.  Tried from Classical, Blues, Jazz to Jamiquai then tried Pandora to see if compressed garbage was way worse.

In general I don't have a dynamic problem with the output....not super loud, but more than enough to power the Alclairs.

Fantastic review!

That's everything I need to know I blend my time from bluetooth headphones to the Alclairs.

Thank you sir.  I now have no fears.  Stupid DB limits. 

Edited by dem beats

My laptop dac isn't special...but both are better than the LG was.  The LG was louder tho

Recently, I was picked up by a men's outdoor travel team.  Much of the guys are coaches for the travels teams on the peninsula and they needed another player.  They never let on to me the intensity or level of competition.  Leading up to the first game, I was under the impression it was a laid back men's league with guys mostly just kicking the ball around.  Well, not so much.  Most of the teams we are playing are ex-pro's or previous D1 players, and its pretty intense.  Some of the teams being together for over 10 years.  So I am the total new guy, and for once, not running the team.  Many of these guys are still damn quick, effectively taking away a strength of mine.  The first few games, I have been back on defense, normally stopper or left back.  Well last night, I transitioned up to right mid, and for the first time in a VERY long time, I felt like I found a home on the field in outdoor.  Was out there on an island, yet was able to drop accurate crosses into the box, and still cover major ground back on defense.  After last night, I guess my trial period is over, and that is where I will be for the future.  In a run of 35 straight years of playing this sport, last night was the first time in quite a long time, where I was able to just play and be.

Sean, did you know there once was a Holland Island?

18 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

As soon as I posted this morning someone bought them.

They were a b-day gift that I’d just found out about. I'm sure I’ll make some day. This year I’ve just had to prioritize the daughter. 

I would like to see the Christmas lights they put on this year.I actually participated in the rebuilding of the mechanical there when the Cumberland river flooded in 2010. The motel is like a little city of its own.Its real nice there.

6 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

He told me that was the name of the island in the middle of the lake 'tonka!

On 9/18/2019 at 12:18 PM, Aaron Clinton said:

Recently, I was picked up by a men's outdoor travel team.  Much of the guys are coaches for the travels teams on the peninsula and they needed another player.  They never let on to me the intensity or level of competition.  Leading up to the first game, I was under the impression it was a laid back men's league with guys mostly just kicking the ball around.  Well, not so much.  Most of the teams we are playing are ex-pro's or previous D1 players, and its pretty intense.  Some of the teams being together for over 10 years.  So I am the total new guy, and for once, not running the team.  Many of these guys are still damn quick, effectively taking away a strength of mine.  The first few games, I have been back on defense, normally stopper or left back.  Well last night, I transitioned up to right mid, and for the first time in a VERY long time, I felt like I found a home on the field in outdoor.  Was out there on an island, yet was able to drop accurate crosses into the box, and still cover major ground back on defense.  After last night, I guess my trial period is over, and that is where I will be for the future.  In a run of 35 straight years of playing this sport, last night was the first time in quite a long time, where I was able to just play and be.

Sweet!!

On 9/18/2019 at 12:39 PM, Aaron Clinton said:

No.  Funny stuff.  S on the end of my name, but close.  Amusingly a Holland just moved next door to me.

On 9/18/2019 at 3:49 PM, mikel7829 said:

I would like to see the Christmas lights they put on this year.I actually participated in the rebuilding of the mechanical there when the Cumberland river flooded in 2010. The motel is like a little city of its own.Its real nice there.

Just realized I suck at pictures.  In CA, but here is a preliminary shot of the dash.  THANK YOU again!!

7YKFYJH.jpg

The dirt looking shit around the gps is shoegoo sealing up the seam so water doesn't get in.  Here is a teaser.  Will pull it outside next week and take better pictures.

image.png

22 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Just realized I suck at pictures.  In CA, but here is a preliminary shot of the dash.  THANK YOU again!!

7YKFYJH.jpg

Yw

Nice!