Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

5 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

The mid tier; with sports comedy etc. Was the package I already had.

For 6 a year? Damn nice.

J

Alright H0p, I've got a few $$$ in my pocket that Im itching to spend on a moped/scooter. Plans are to use it around work (1200 acre campus) and for general fun.

Any ideas on what to buy? Electric, Ruckus, Vespa, etc....

If you are truly where you are i would build an overpowered Ebike.  Cyclone, Bafang BBSHD are the budget friendlier choices for over volting

@///M5 and anyone else;

I'm finishing my degree and December, and I feel like there is so much more to learn about project management. I'm debating on where to be looking to start off. Any suggestions on better companies?

J

There are all sorts of lists of good companies to work for...but as a first shot, I'd look for something you are interested in.  WAY easier to plop in all serious when you care to begin with.

In FL I can't name too many...but that is because the industries I play in aren't there.

19 hours ago, Godsmack said:

@///M5 and anyone else;

I'm finishing my degree and December, and I feel like there is so much more to learn about project management. I'm debating on where to be looking to start off. Any suggestions on better companies?

J

More about who you know than what you know in my opinion. I’d start rubbing some elbows. :)

Make your Linkedin page sing

I HATE driving!  Left yesterday for Lyons NY.  Got through Ohio and PA trouble free.  As soon as we hit NY, total shitstorm of traffic.  Lasted 2 hours on I90.  Got done today and we were supposed to go to Niagara Falls tomorrow when the boss changes his mind.  He wants to drive to fucking Cleveland and then on t o two other jobs tomorrow since they're, "on the way home."  WTF?!

4 hours ago, ///M5 said:

I'm working on it!

12 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

I HATE driving!  Left yesterday for Lyons NY.  Got through Ohio and PA trouble free.  As soon as we hit NY, total shitstorm of traffic.  Lasted 2 hours on I90.  Got done today and we were supposed to go to Niagara Falls tomorrow when the boss changes his mind.  He wants to drive to fucking Cleveland and then on t o two other jobs tomorrow since they're, "on the way home."  WTF?!

Tell him you are allergic to Cleveland.

18 hours ago, ///M5 said:

There are all sorts of lists of good companies to work for...but as a first shot, I'd look for something you are interested in.  WAY easier to plop in all serious when you care to begin with.

I'd like being involved with music. Either concerts or instrument companies like Gibson, Fender, Orange Amps, etc. Alcohol, automotive, marijuana (medicinal or recreational), heavy equipment would be of interest as well. Looking to avoid IT as it is not my area of expertise at all.

16 hours ago, ///M5 said:

That's something I need to put more emphasis on. What makes a LinkedIn stand out to you? What should I avoid?

18 hours ago, ///M5 said:

In FL I can't name too many...but that is because the industries I play in aren't there.

Honestly, I love FL. The beaches, a solid VA for health care, lots of concerts to cover, and having pro football and hockey are great pluses. Yet I have not purchased a home here. I am not committed to staying here instead of taking the right career. I'd like to buy a home once I am working for the right company.

J

16 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

The I-90 blows. Especially in Rochester. NF is a shithole too.

J

3 hours ago, Godsmack said:

I'd like being involved with music. Either concerts or instrument companies like Gibson, Fender, Orange Amps, etc. Alcohol, automotive, marijuana (medicinal or recreational), heavy equipment would be of interest as well. Looking to avoid IT as it is not my area of expertise at all.

That's something I need to put more emphasis on. What makes a LinkedIn stand out to you? What should I avoid?

Honestly, I love FL. The beaches, a solid VA for health care, lots of concerts to cover, and having pro football and hockey are great pluses. Yet I have not purchased a home here. I am not committed to staying here instead of taking the right career. I'd like to buy a home once I am working for the right company.

J

Sounds like bar tending/ownership is right up your alley.  Ticks all those boxes.

@Aaron Clinton

How's the BOINC going?   I forgot how much a space heater that thing is.  The basement is a solid 10 degrees warmer In the house from all the crunching.  Lol

J - peak around you for companies.  See if any are matches.  If you are happy where you are that is somewhat the choice.  Regrettably not my neck of the woods to know a ton about.

As for Linkedin, I look at content, details, references, anything that shows you are a company man and that your job isn't secondary to your life.

6 hours ago, dem beats said:

@Aaron Clinton

How's the BOINC going?   I forgot how much a space heater that thing is.  The basement is a solid 10 degrees warmer In the house from all the crunching.  Lol

Going very well when you fire up your machines.  Kicking some major ass.  I have another machine I have not had a moment at home where I am not totally spent, to get it set up yet that would be a huge help. 

Just made it through tsa with a carton of hard boiled eggs lol.

1 hour ago, j-roadtatts said:

Just made it through tsa with a carton of hard boiled eggs lol.

Breaking the law.

On 10/1/2019 at 6:55 PM, Tirefryr said:

Sounds like bar tending/ownership is right up your alley.  Ticks all those boxes.

It damn sure does. Unfortunately the ownership route is much more difficult as a vast majority fail. I've tended bar, and while it's fun I don't have a high tolerance for dumb drunks. Hence wanting to look more at the corporate level.

J

On 10/2/2019 at 9:20 AM, ///M5 said:

J - peak around you for companies.  See if any are matches.  If you are happy where you are that is somewhat the choice.  Regrettably not my neck of the woods to know a ton about.

As for Linkedin, I look at content, details, references, anything that shows you are a company man and that your job isn't secondary to your life.

I have been and will continue to do so. While the location is somewhat the choice, it's not everything. One of the biggest 'well fuck' moments I have had is not moving to Germany back in 2008 when I had the chance, simply because I would have been headed right back to Iraq. Had I taken that, instead of fearing that things would have been vastly different. Good or bad....who knows. That's why I am open to relocating; I can be happy anywhere and make things work one way or another.

I apologize for possibly not following here, but am I correct in assuming "your job isn't secondary to your life" means that you keep a healthy work/life balance? That you have other enjoyment besides working just to pay the mortgage?

J

I just scored $2K worth of RF gear brand new in the plastic for a STOOPID price!