Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

50 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

I just scored $2K worth of RF gear brand new in the plastic for a STOOPID price!

Anything special?

J

I'm going to sell the components and use the rest in my truck.    Hell, the damn component sets sell for more than what I paid for all of it.   

Damn good snag!!!

J

6 hours ago, Godsmack said:

I have been and will continue to do so. While the location is somewhat the choice, it's not everything. One of the biggest 'well fuck' moments I have had is not moving to Germany back in 2008 when I had the chance, simply because I would have been headed right back to Iraq. Had I taken that, instead of fearing that things would have been vastly different. Good or bad....who knows. That's why I am open to relocating; I can be happy anywhere and make things work one way or another.

I apologize for possibly not following here, but am I correct in assuming "your job isn't secondary to your life" means that you keep a healthy work/life balance? That you have other enjoyment besides working just to pay the mortgage?

J

Nobody is hiring for balance.

I want to see attitude first, aptitude second.  Attitude will show by making it obvious that you take it serious in every aspect.  Regular updates, strong connections, posting content, showing you love your job is what I meant.  Add anything about your personal life and it is deflating not helpful.  All game.

Glad you had me clarify.  Personally I'd ditch facebook as well.  

4 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Three P3D2-10s

Two  T252-S

One P1000x1bd

One P600x4

A bunch of RF branded 1/0 and 4 gauge,

An RF hoodie, RF hat, and RF team shirt

And a cheap ass box that is surprisingly well constructed.  It's been lined with bed liner quite poorly though.

Sweet

We need pictures of the haul before you sell it !

On 10/3/2019 at 11:44 AM, Aaron Clinton said:

Breaking the law.

Was a good distraction from the ball o’ hash! 

If them eggs weren’t radioactive before, they are now. Dude spent some time with them in the machine. :lol: 

20 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Three P3D2-10s

Two  T252-S

One P1000x1bd

One P600x4

A bunch of RF branded 1/0 and 4 gauge,

An RF hoodie, RF hat, and RF team shirt

And a cheap ass box that is surprisingly well constructed.  It's been lined with bed liner quite poorly though.

SCORE!

I've done my best to resist the temptation to pick a few rf amps lately. Other than the nib 800a4. That one came home with me. 

Bought my first couple Polo khakis and shirts yesterday. Fresh cut and shoes to boot. Time to mingle with some yuppies! Haha 

On 9/27/2019 at 10:14 AM, j-roadtatts said:

While there is ice racing in Colorado, lakes are nowhere near as prevalent or large. Y’all would consider the biggest lake in the state still just a pond.

Lucky you. The trails here will be crawling with hunters the rest of the fall. Not a dealbreaker, but definitely puts a kink in things.

That post was stuck in my browser.

Then Sunday off to Germany for some shit food in comparison

19 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Nobody is hiring for balance.

I want to see attitude first, aptitude second.  Attitude will show by making it obvious that you take it serious in every aspect.  Regular updates, strong connections, posting content, showing you love your job is what I meant.  Add anything about your personal life and it is deflating not helpful.  All game.

Glad you had me clarify.  Personally I'd ditch facebook as well.  

Understandable. I do need to get more active on LI.

I appreciate the clarification, and I won't ditch FB simply because it keeps me in contact with a lot of people I served with, serves as a promotional tool for photography, and keeps it all simple. I do tend to keep my profile decently locked down.

J

Until hired private life is private and you are a corporate soldier.

Doing some Googling around town for ceramic dealers. Nem, any particular questions I should ask? I was planning on asking about the ceramic they use and try to get a feel for how long they've been doing it and how much they care about doing it right and not just being someone who does it.

Before anyone gets to asking, it would be a couple thousand just to get it to Nem and back or 3000+ miles of driving.

:) 

15 hours ago, ///M5 said:

That post was stuck in my browser.

That happens to me on mobile. Sometimes I'll post it immediately delete it and then wrote my post.

Just need to vent. Woke up this morning and put on a shirt with a scorpion in it and got stung. Guess that's just country life. Weird thing is, I'm fairly allergic to ant bites and bee stings (not epi pen allergic, but "dude, what the heck bit you/ stung you") allergic. The scorpion pain really isn't there anymore.

Okay, the real vent. Dealing with "miscommunication" from our Japanese clients. It seems the more we speak on the phone/ in person, there more miscommunication we have. So instead of talking on the phone/texting, I sent my reply via email to the client, his boss, my boss, etc... He's replying with the blame game of, you didn't answer my 2 phone calls (one was a follow up to a text that I sent the information he was looking for exactly and the other had no affect.) With these clients, it seems like they just continue to ask for what they want, even if it's not possible, then finally agree to what you say. Then after a few hours to 24 hours they make a similar request, hoping to get a different answer. If you call them out they say, "Oh, sorry. I didn't understand"

On 10/5/2019 at 8:44 AM, MKader17 said:

Doing some Googling around town for ceramic dealers. Nem, any particular questions I should ask? I was planning on asking about the ceramic they use and try to get a feel for how long they've been doing it and how much they care about doing it right and not just being someone who does it.

Before anyone gets to asking, it would be a couple thousand just to get it to Nem and back or 3000+ miles of driving.

:) 

Ask to see their work. Talk to past clients. You want past clients to be their salesman.  

How much paint correction can they do and what do they use. before and after pictures will show that.  

Ceramic brand or brands and if they stand behind their work in addition to the product warranty.

Remember there is a lot of marketing in the ceramic world so use caution. 

If you run into a system X or ceramic pro installer let me know I may be able to reach out to him.

Lastly you have done this in the past why not now?

4 hours ago, MKader17 said:

Just need to vent. Woke up this morning and put on a shirt with a scorpion in it and got stung. Guess that's just country life. Weird thing is, I'm fairly allergic to ant bites and bee stings (not epi pen allergic, but "dude, what the heck bit you/ stung you") allergic. The scorpion pain really isn't there anymore.

Okay, the real vent. Dealing with "miscommunication" from our Japanese clients. It seems the more we speak on the phone/ in person, there more miscommunication we have. So instead of talking on the phone/texting, I sent my reply via email to the client, his boss, my boss, etc... He's replying with the blame game of, you didn't answer my 2 phone calls (one was a follow up to a text that I sent the information he was looking for exactly and the other had no affect.) With these clients, it seems like they just continue to ask for what they want, even if it's not possible, then finally agree to what you say. Then after a few hours to 24 hours they make a similar request, hoping to get a different answer. If you call them out they say, "Oh, sorry. I didn't understand"

You have to get them on the phone and cover WELL prepared and communicated topics otherwise they don't do it right.  Their culture is super strange to sell to.  Takes a bunch of redundant work and then can be smooth.

,,,,I found out I am allergic this year too to bees.  Never used to be.

Btw, going 200mph on a train right now and the train is way faster than the internet

11 hours ago, nem said:

Ask to see their work. Talk to past clients. You want past clients to be their salesman.  

How much paint correction can they do and what do they use. before and after pictures will show that.  

Ceramic brand or brands and if they stand behind their work in addition to the product warranty.

Remember there is a lot of marketing in the ceramic world so use caution. 

If you run into a system X or ceramic pro installer let me know I may be able to reach out to him.

Lastly you have done this in the past why not now?

On my last truck, I put in 2 weekends worth of work, hand polishing. I think it's the reason the trucks paint is still as good as it is today.

I borrowed a friends random orbital for my wife's car and did it over various holidays.

I now have a kid and a dad with PSP (like Parkinsons). Finding uninterrupted hours just isn't feasible at the moment.

I would love to do it myself, but I don't see myself being able to put in the time to do it right.

On 10/4/2019 at 1:50 PM, j-roadtatts said:

Bought my first couple Polo khakis and shirts yesterday. Fresh cut and shoes to boot. Time to mingle with some yuppies! Haha 

I have 3 looks.  Nearly homeless veteran, gym rat clothing, or  suits.

I'm so bad at "casual".  It honestly makes me uncomfortable enough I almost want to wear dress clothes full time.

On 10/5/2019 at 1:24 AM, ///M5 said:

Until hired private life is private and you are a corporate soldier.

Well put.

J