Jump to content
Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Recommended Posts

On 10/11/2019 at 8:50 AM, j-roadtatts said:

Someone's getting a package in the mail today. ;)

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok.

I need a super small form factor solution that would be the equivalent of a home theater receiver.  W wants all her shit to plug into one box and then she can watch her stories from whatever source she wants in the bedroom. 

Any tips on unique solutions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dem beats said:

Ok.

I need a super small form factor solution that would be the equivalent of a home theater receiver.  W wants all her shit to plug into one box and then she can watch her stories from whatever source she wants in the bedroom. 

Any tips on unique solutions?

A smart TV should have all the apps. Streaming sticks are hit and miss.

J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apple TV is also an answer.

J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

A smart TV should have all the apps. Streaming sticks are hit and miss.

J

Have the smart stick and other devices.  Too many for one TV.

 

I would also like to finally have some audio I can hear and not just the TV speakers.  

 

Bedroom small.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What all plugs in?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ///M5 said:

What all plugs in?  

Roku

Apple

PS4

At some point home PC

Amazon Fyre

And I want to play tunes bruh.

Edited by dem beats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, dem beats said:

Have the smart stick and other devices.  Too many for one TV.

 

I would also like to finally have some audio I can hear and not just the TV speakers.  

 

Bedroom small.

Under the TV soundbar might fit the bill.

J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Covering Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship this weekend again. I'll be restricted to the balcony yet again, and while I could use my 70-200 and crop it heavily (like last time) I hated the 'extreme crop' noise I got due to having a 1600 (or so) ISO. Found a manual focus Nikon 500 mm f/4 for a solid price for the condition. We'll see how she does. Hopefully she makes it in time. Considering the shipping location to here, it should be here easily on time.

J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

Covering Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship this weekend again. I'll be restricted to the balcony yet again, and while I could use my 70-200 and crop it heavily (like last time) I hated the 'extreme crop' noise I got due to having a 1600 (or so) ISO. Found a manual focus Nikon 500 mm f/4 for a solid price for the condition. We'll see how she does. Hopefully she makes it in time. Considering the shipping location to here, it should be here easily on time.

J

Dude, grab a multiplier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, dem beats said:

Dude, grab a multiplier.

439 (Amazon at least) for the newer Tamron 2x teleconverter. Granted I can get the EDU rebate and get some money back. It's on the list for down the line.

Paid about 425 shipped for the 500mm. If I don't like it, I should be able to sell it for what I paid pretty easily. Possibly even with some profit.

J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dem beats said:

Roku

Apple

PS4

At some point home PC

Amazon Fyre

And I want to play tunes bruh.

Can't most of those plug into the TV?  If so, that would simplify things.  Means your TV needs to be on the audio source you want for those but would expect that you don't stream music off the Roku/Apple/PS4/Fire without being connected?

Simple boxes don't have many inputs...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a big arse soundbar and a sub.  Does what you need if the above limits are okay.  Can come demo it if you like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Can't most of those plug into the TV?  If so, that would simplify things.  Means your TV needs to be on the audio source you want for those but would expect that you don't stream music off the Roku/Apple/PS4/Fire without being connected?

Simple boxes don't have many inputs...

Might not have enough HDMI ports. Seems like a lot of TVs are skimping on them these days.

J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Can't most of those plug into the TV?  If so, that would simplify things.  Means your TV needs to be on the audio source you want for those but would expect that you don't stream music off the Roku/Apple/PS4/Fire without being connected?

Simple boxes don't have many inputs...

Need them to be HDMI and my TV is old and only has 2 usable ports.  Even then the second hard enough to reach that I have to have the W do it.  My hand will not fit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ///M5 said:

I have a big arse soundbar and a sub.  Does what you need if the above limits are okay.  Can come demo it if you like.

You have the ML right?

 

HDMI into that from the different sources and then one HDMI out to the TV?

 

 

Edited by dem beats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Might not have enough HDMI ports. Seems like a lot of TVs are skimping on them these days.

J

Oooooooooh TV.

 

~2008-2010 Sharp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dem beats said:

You have the ML right?

 

HDMI into that from the different sources and then one HDMI out to the TV?

 

 

No, all HDMI into TV and one Digital audio out into the bar.  This is the problem from above.  IMO a receiver makes a terrible video source though anyways...but if your tv doesn't have it you are stuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dem beats said:

Oooooooooh TV.

 

~2008-2010 Sharp

Mine too.  6 HDMI's though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bar has one analog and 2 digital audio ins. 

Can't say I get the Roku, Fire, & Apple as they are redundant.  Roku >> the other 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Bar has one analog and 2 digital audio ins. 

Can't say I get the Roku, Fire, & Apple as they are redundant.  Roku >> the other 2.

100% agree.  

 

I'm just listing what she listed to me.

 

I don't argue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Bar has one analog and 2 digital audio ins. 

Can't say I get the Roku, Fire, & Apple as they are redundant.  Roku >> the other 2.

I have a fire stick that I got during prime day. I justified that I'd use it for travel. I have it plugged in at the house and many times there is something on the fire stick that works or works better than with the Roku. Overall, the Roku is the primary because that's what the wife is used to, but it would be a close match in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MKader17 said:

I have a fire stick that I got during prime day. I justified that I'd use it for travel. I have it plugged in at the house and many times there is something on the fire stick that works or works better than with the Roku. Overall, the Roku is the primary because that's what the wife is used to, but it would be a close match in my opinion.

Interesting.  Amazon app on the Roku fills in for the Fire Stick.  If you have FireTV different story though as that will voice contrl the complete TV.  I added one in the bedroom to avoid the "where the fuck is the remote" problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am guessing the fire stick will replace most things.

Let's hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ML I have is on refurb clearance for $500.  It "needs" a sub, but works really well for TV.  For music it is lackluster compared to my towers, but I ain't got space for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×