Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

19 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

My NVX headphones just broke.  Going to try to gorilla glue them back into service.

I've been contemplating some cans lately. Mostly for listening late at night. How smooth is the midrange/treble on those?

Good luck with the fix BTW. :)

Tweeters mounted!! They went together fairly smooth. Only needed to trim slightly.No photo description available.No photo description available.No photo description available.No photo description available.

Cabinets started!! Have everything sliced and diced. Getting ready to break out the biscuit jointer. 

No photo description available.No photo description available.No photo description available.

8 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Painters tape?

I used on the cross cuts to avoid splintering... Because I was to cheap to buy a new blade for the chop saw. 

8 hours ago, ///M5 said:

My neighbors love you J.

Haha between the eggs, cherries and other things mine love me too. :p

What kind of discount would you expect on a low mileage 2018 f150 lariat that had a large front end collision and was completely repaired by a local Ford Dealership?

I got a clickety,clanky,tinking in the 4.3 vortec...Can't figure it out,the sound is playing tricks on my ears..with a 2x4 to the crank case and to my ear "redneck stethoscope" I hear nothing but smooth running sounds..leaning towards maybe a lifter? Idk.. At first I was thinking spun main or piston slap..But figured if that was the case I would hear it with the 2x4.

3 hours ago, MKader17 said:

What kind of discount would you expect on a low mileage 2018 f150 lariat that had a large front end collision and was completely repaired by a local Ford Dealership?

70% of KBB.  2018 should already be at 55% so that leaves 35% of so of original MSRP.  They won't sell it for that though probably and you still may be upside down within a year.  Cars that have been in large collisions have nearly no value now.

11 hours ago, MKader17 said:

Don't buy it!!!!!!  RUN!!!!!!!!

Bah, Sean beat me, but really, stay away;  it's going to be trouble on every front.

8 hours ago, mikel7829 said:

I got a clickety,clanky,tinking in the 4.3 vortec...Can't figure it out,the sound is playing tricks on my ears..with a 2x4 to the crank case and to my ear "redneck stethoscope" I hear nothing but smooth running sounds..leaning towards maybe a lifter? Idk.. At first I was thinking spun main or piston slap..But figured if that was the case I would hear it with the 2x4.

Check the flexlate for cracks. 

Lifters on the 4.3 tick, not clanky.  It's a tick tick tick that speeds up and slows down as the engine revs up and down.

Just checked the notes, and Ryan some how got Serial #1 of the SSA DM150.2.  We supposed to be saved for me, but looks like it went out the door.

1 hour ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Just checked the notes, and Ryan some how got Serial #1 of the SSA DM150.2.  We supposed to be saved for me, but looks like it went out the door.

Oops.

6 hours ago, nigel said:

Lifters on the 4.3 tick, not clanky.  It's a tick tick tick that speeds up and slows down as the engine revs up and down.

Dumb ideas here but is it maybe a pully, the water pump, or the fan?

J

18 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Don't buy it!!!!!!  RUN!!!!!!!!

We already own it :P

its my dad's truck that he got into a wreck in. I'm trying to get an idea of how much of a hit I'll take on the sell.

I phrased it the way I did to ensure maximum negativity :)

Similar trucks are going in the 40s with many more miles (16-35k), his has 6k.

Hopefully I can get in the mid to upper 30s

I would be ON TOP of the insurance company like hell.  They owe you the difference....

Just to show how stupid buying a new car can be. Dad's loan is 0% interest and he's been paying $1000 every month since the loans inception. He still may barely break even selling it. Basically paid $1000 a month to lease the truck.

I made money selling both cars I bought new.  I think most people just get overwhelmed and want to end the process and just make concessions.   You have to be able to beat the dealer.  This usually means just finding a dealer that will bend.  This is easy in large markets.  Too much competition.

1 hour ago, MKader17 said:

Just to show how stupid buying a new car can be. Dad's loan is 0% interest and he's been paying $1000 every month since the loans inception. He still may barely break even selling it. Basically paid $1000 a month to lease the truck.

Two of my guys lease those...for less than $600 a month.  Loaded ones as well.