Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

36 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

How should one clean raw vegetables?  ie, lettuce would be a great example.

2 teaspoons bleach to a gallon of water. A spray bottle works good for application. 

Check in, how is everyone?

Starting week 2 of all three kiddos at home.  So far, spirits are good.  Trying to figure out the whole work situation.  Being a correctional officer I still need to go to work, and my wife works rehab at the hospital, so she still needs to work.  Going to get tougher to figure out the longer this goes.

3 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

2 teaspoons bleach to a gallon of water. A spray bottle works good for application. 

Yummy?

Working from home tomorrow.

6 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Tons of water. I try to buy organic tripple washed shit in a box for rich white people if it's a delicate green. 

I use a drop of degreasing soap in a large bucket, then I dunk rinse. 

I also dont need you to agree with me Sean but raw foods show be seen as a treat much more than we do. "Raw" as we currently treat the term is absolutely not healthier and it increases risk significantly. Just reframe things to understand our sterile environment and piles of soothing drugs on tap are the only reason we have little joys like trusting ANYTHING raw. 

Is a drop of soap enough?

Apples, lettuce, bananas, etc.  I live in the produce aisle.  I am totally okay with washing everything including shit that I peel.  I am okay with putting something aside for 3 days to let it rest.  Just want to do what I can to protect my fmaily

2 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Yummy?

Is how vegetables are washed on a commercial scale. Can even be with organic chlorine and will still say organic. 

Rinsed afterwards of course. 2 teaspoons is the most I would do, you could do 1 or 1-1/2.

8 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

The TMM's coming along!

Baffles cut, shellacked and sanded... 

No photo description available.

and some primer...

Image may contain: outdoor

and finally the black!

Feet carved to shape!

A drill jig to keep things even.

Awe and black for the feetsies too.

Punching holes for the terminal cups.

Image may contain: indoor

And on to the acoustic treatment! :)No photo description available.

Nice router!

We got letters today from AM General that we are "essential critical infrastructure" for the DIB and must remain open and are exempt from any closings, restrictions, or martial law.  LOL!

8 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Check in, how is everyone?

Trying to keep up with the crazy high demand for  shit paper, paper towels, tampons, diapers, and wet wipes! 

1 hour ago, nem said:

Trying to keep up with the crazy high demand for  shit paper, paper towels, tampons, diapers, and wet wipes! 

Where can I find some of this said shit paper?

6 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Is how vegetables are washed on a commercial scale. Can even be with organic chlorine and will still say organic. 

Rinsed afterwards of course. 2 teaspoons is the most I would do, you could do 1 or 1-1/2.

Lol.  Organic.

I worked at a restaurant, we bleached glasses.  Pretty sure it is common, but doing it at home just seems fucked.

4 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

We got letters today from AM General that we are "essential critical infrastructure" for the DIB and must remain open and are exempt from any closings, restrictions, or martial law.  LOL!

Got more than a dozen of those already myself.

Made a grocery list today for the first time in years.  Fucking 2 pages long.  Is it hoarding to shop for a month?  Especially if guaranteed I will use everything I buy in that month?  Not buying multiples of really anything...

If my choice were death or take it...I'd take it!

I had to google who One America News Network was....but it was obvious without.

More seriously both of these fucking parties need to be flushed.  Fucking disgusting what they are doing and what they aren't.

4 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Lol.  Organic.

I worked at a restaurant, we bleached glasses.  Pretty sure it is common, but doing it at home just seems fucked.

I wrote something long. This is better. 

If you're are unsure, king Kong chemicals like bleach or cooking are the only 100% effective methods.

I would furtherargue that bleach shouldn't even be on there without some strong caveats about dilution,time etc. You're super smart and that's all documented and what is used at the comercial level to provide consistent safety.  They are the best guidelines and those in the immune compromised world are super happy about that work. 

As for being practical Sean, I simply rinse mine. No soap personally. Less is more with the soap. Many many rinses without soap is better than one with a lot of soap. 

24 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

If my choice were death or take it...I'd take it!

Shit is crazy. 

I find people on both sides of the politics using me or people who are already sick as leverage like durring gun control hot moments.

It's very interesting and probably lucky that such a non lethal problem is what is getting our attention as a globe. 

We cannot sterilize the whole planet and we need to address therapy first, curative second,  but we really need to put a giant push into prevention as a globe now. This could have been plague. thankfully the super rich countries mostly sterilize themselves. mostly....  but we better come to some kind of agreement that doesn't involve "social distancing" in any form that we are currently using. This is very bad, especially for the vulnerable. Very very very bad for us.

When you read the core stuff the CDC the WHO and other global health groups are doing and putting out it's much less problematic because there is little infighting. they just want to fix problems and/or win prizes by fixing problems. Low ideology, high results. 

16 hours ago, ///M5 said:

https://www.amazon.com/Fit-Organic-Produce-Vegetable-Pesticide/dp/B001E5DZQQ

Used this before. It's a great cleaner and no change to the taste. All 'organic' as well.

2 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Made a grocery list today for the first time in years.  Fucking 2 pages long.  Is it hoarding to shop for a month?  Especially if guaranteed I will use everything I buy in that month?  Not buying multiples of really anything...

Not at all Sean. It's smart. Hoarding is getting three cases of hand sanitizer and 10 36 packs of TP. Monthly shopping is fine man. Just look at the amount on the shelf and if the list says eight and you only see eight, take six and come back another day or find a substitute.

J

This CV has made job hunting more challenging. I had two places cancel the interview this past week. One because they are closed, and the other one is closing this projects division for a minimum of six months.

J

10 hours ago, mikel7829 said:

Where can I find some of this said shit paper?

We are running lights out, the issue was people starting this crazy buying trend and the shipping side was stretched thin. Now when I check in the trucks are lined up 10 deep at times waiting to be loaded, this does not include all the ones being loaded across 3 warehouses.

At some point it should be easier for you to get it, how much do people really need to hoard.

6 hours ago, Godsmack said:

This CV has made job hunting more challenging. I had two places cancel the interview this past week. One because they are closed, and the other one is closing this projects division for a minimum of six months.

J

I had to cancel 5 interviews as well. What sucks is I recruited 3 great candidates who want to work.