Jump to content
Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, nigel said:

And why, are we not being made privy to these photos?  Priorities.

The only way I get onto SSA is this fucked old phone. It's a long story that involves lawyers and a bunch of shit. 

 

I just need to change my password or something from this device and then login from somewhere else. I'm living over 3 devices basically. it's hard and I've made mistakes. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is some more info on modeling and how these people that are doing the modeling work. 

I think you guys can see what the message is  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, ///M5 said:

He also sent some GORGEOUS pictures of bread

 

 

You just want my recipe for bien cuit Xenomorph eggs. 

House smells like bourbon right now and my loves today wont make it overnight. More midnight baking. 

Hope you will try a loaf some day and compare to the magic you are used to!

Edited by dem beats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh.  Cool.

 

The bottom coil in my oven just stopped working. 

I just broiled 2 loaves of bread. Hopefully it made something like bread. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dem beats said:

Oh.  Cool.

 

The bottom coil in my oven just stopped working. 

I just broiled 2 loaves of bread. Hopefully it made something like bread. 

Oh fuck :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, dem beats said:

 

You just want my recipe for bien cuit Xenomorph eggs. 

House smells like bourbon right now and my loves today wont make it overnight. More midnight baking. 

Hope you will try a loaf some day and compare to the magic you are used to!

Send a loaf over! I’ll make sum’ dank gorilla cheese sammich’s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dem beats said:

Oh.  Cool.

 

The bottom coil in my oven just stopped working. 

I just broiled 2 loaves of bread. Hopefully it made something like bread. 

Check the connection.

Otherwise https://www.repairclinic.com/ is a good place to I.d. the part and procure the part number. As they have photos of each individual part. A lot of the time they have the best price as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Zaph TMM’s sounds stellar. Excellent imaging and soundstage. Very focused. Which will pay off nice if I ever make it to a 5.1 with them.

I am experimenting with a lower capacitor value on the tweeter and a couple different port lengths. They are a little brassy out of the gate. 

Thanks again to the couple people that contributed parts to them! :)

R.I.P Jeff Bagby. Thank you for your contribution as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Check the connection.

Otherwise https://www.repairclinic.com/ is a good place to I.d. the part and procure the part number. As they have photos of each individual part. A lot of the time they have the best price as well.

Thank you!

Its maybe 18 years old and I keep replacing parts. It may be time to make this a backup oven. 

I'm just frustrated that this happened right after my freezer died. And the Green egg has cracked parts and airflow is sketchy. There is a lot more but its fucking with my food. I'm cranky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Oh fuck :(

If you had to get a new walkover what would you get?

For the first time I have to consider value just a little bit. I dont want to get fucked. 

 

If anyone has any tips on wall oven deals let me know. The W is probably going to make me get a new one at this point as it keeps having problems and she doesn't feel safe and I guess I I understand her frustration. 

So If you had to get a nice oven for bread baking what would you get? (While not going crazy)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Single oven?  Any idea of budget?  Pretty sure everything I point out will be beyond.  Should I stay quiet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Single oven?  Any idea of budget?  Pretty sure everything I point out will be beyond.  Should I stay quiet?

Good Q. I wanted to be no more than $1k.

 

Looks like it will be real basic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure post that after we text back and forth a bunch. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing weather today.  Just want to have a beer and take a nap, but that is not happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trying to not drink everyday.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2020 at 3:35 AM, dem beats said:

I've been asked this alot because the science says the best thing, more than medication in fact, is healthy living and luck at the time of introduction to the virus. 

 

From there, if you get it bad, the virus gets stronger in you. If you have no symptoms and it just passes through you, that particular strain ends up weaker. 

 

This is all an oversimplification but the lack of sleep in the average American makes more difference in their outcome than medication for most of these viruses.  That's an unfortunate, uncomfortable,  painful truth that makes wealth inequality even more painful.  Those with enough money to just sleep in or work remotely can add hours to their sleep and give themselves a more than 30% better outcome chance. 

I'm not fucking around with the numbers. Your personal health impacts the heard more than most things. It's such a huge question that I need smaller bites, otherwise I want to snap back and tell you that you need a nap, a salad and a walk then come back to me.

 

: D

Glad to know being unemployed still is increasing my chances of a good outcome. Unfortunately this also means that less jobs are available and I'm having a bitch of a time finding that income. I'm certainly sleeping a bit extra these last few weeks, going out a hell of a lot less, and doing a bit more home workouts. My minimal human interaction has been reduced even more too.

As far as the snap back, I laughed my ass off. I hate damn salad.

J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

Trying to not drink everyday.

 

Generally, I don't stock alcohol at the house.  Only really have a couple drinks here and there, and normally it's while camping in the summer; The odd drink out with some close friends through the winter.  

Lately, I've found an acquired taste for red wine, which I have been keeping a bottle on hand and having a glass after supper.  Now, with the distancing thing, and staying home, I've actually found it easiest to just not drink at all.  But I realize, that is not an option for many.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Sure post that after we text back and forth a bunch. ;)

I wanted you to show me 10k options. 

 

I need to see the best before I feel good making decisions. 

Its an important part of my process. Even when I dont go that route it allows me to get planted. I started by looking at comercial ovens before I started asking here. Realized the W wouldnt deal with it.....

 

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Amazing weather today.  Just want to have a beer and take a nap, but that is not happening.

60s here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Parts store couldnt figure my oven out as it had several model numbers. 

2and trip was the charm. Got the part. Went to grab the dough from the basement fridge. 

 

Guess what else shit the bed?

No I'm fridge shopping. 

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dem beats said:

I wanted you to show me 10k options. 

 

I need to see the best before I feel good making decisions. 

Its an important part of my process. Even when I dont go that route it allows me to get planted. I started by looking at comercial ovens before I started asking here. Realized the W wouldnt deal with it.....

 

:D

If you REALLY want commercial look into things offered by Hobart. I can try and swing you a discount if you really want something. Hell we may even have some old stock/trade-ins on hand.

J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dem beats said:

Parts store couldnt figure my oven out as it had several model numbers. 

2and trip was the charm. Got the part. Went to grab the dough from the basement fridge. 

 

Guess what else shit the bed?

No I'm fridge shopping. 

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck

That sucks ass man. Wish I was closer to help ya save a few bucks from Lowes/Home Depot. That Veteran discount comes in handy.

J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maryland just got locked down.  I now require a note from my office saying I am allowed to come into work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

That sucks ass man. Wish I was closer to help ya save a few bucks from Lowes/Home Depot. That Veteran discount comes in handy.

J

I didn't know there was one!!!

That's great to know. I do a lot of work with vets and my non profit tried to get the VA involved with the kids.  I'm sure I could ask. I never want to abuse that shit but this is a bit of a pickle that I wouldnt care about. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×