Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I got to get back on the workout train. I was doing really well when I wasn't working form home, since I started back up it's been tough.

Would be a good time to grab a table saw and bust out some projects.

Anything other than drinking dranks.

2 hours ago, nigel said:

Going stir crazy.

The other day my felt dizzy/lightheaded/faint her bp had dropped. She was tired all the time.

Lasted a couple days like this. Felt nauseous as well.

Apparently, these are the "atypical" symptoms for covid19... 

She works in physio/occupational therapy at the hospital, so she had to go for covid testing Friday to make sure.

Now the whole damn house is on quarantine until we hear back. So I'm off work as well.  Called one of the upper managers (assistant warden of operations) he's thinking of putting me off work for 14 days either way the testing goes.  Oh, hell no.  :madsign:

Her symptoms are gone, was probably her ongoing heart stuff she's already on meds for, but we need to make sure.

Some days shows 80% of people have no symptoms and 15 show mild allergy symptoms. 

I'm a broken record but it's 100% all about how your immune system decides to respond to the infection. The worse shape your immune is when it comes Itto contact with this type of virus the worse you will fair. 

It's why I hammer sleep. If you sleep way more than usual your immune is literally in the best shape you can make it short term. It's also why people with heart, morbid obesity, or an inflammatory diet can suffer as bad as immune compromised people or older people.

You super hung over because you partied?  You're gonna be closer to the yucky end of things than someone who has an immune issue but they sleep, take meds,stay clean, and sleep some more. Good thing alcohol is essential?

I'm very frustrated but I'm partillyhappy yourehome so you all can take care of your health 100%.  I think about you in your job everytime I hop on right now. 

4 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Sounds like a good time to start busting out projects to keep the mind busy. 

Just got the call from the health unit. Her test was negative. :D

Now to find out if I'm allowed back to work...

1 hour ago, dem beats said:

Some days shows 80% of people have no symptoms and 15 show mild allergy symptoms. 

I'm a broken record but it's 100% all about how your immune system decides to respond to the infection. The worse shape your immune is when it comes Itto contact with this type of virus the worse you will fair. 

It's why I hammer sleep. If you sleep way more than usual your immune is literally in the best shape you can make it short term. It's also why people with heart, morbid obesity, or an inflammatory diet can suffer as bad as immune compromised people or older people.

You super hung over because you partied?  You're gonna be closer to the yucky end of things than someone who has an immune issue but they sleep, take meds,stay clean, and sleep some more. Good thing alcohol is essential?

I'm very frustrated but I'm partillyhappy yourehome so you all can take care of your health 100%.  I think about you in your job everytime I hop on right now. 

It's dicey at work right now.  Things are a tinder box with the inmates.  Or 96 man max unit was barricading and arming to fight us the other night.  Our ERT was going in full force to hit them hard and fast to change their minds.  Medium security side is tense as fuck, but was managing my last shift in.

4 hours ago, MKader17 said:

I got to get back on the workout train. I was doing really well when I wasn't working form home, since I started back up it's been tough.

Hitting the workout train hard right now. Have a sweet garage set up. Nothing else to do, so why not.

Even doing a workout right now actually.

Feels great.

26 minutes ago, nigel said:

That's good news!

15 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Neither of us can breathe right now at work.  Shit is insane.

Anything actually doable that would help?

J

42 minutes ago, nigel said:

Hell yes!!! Hopefully you get the thumbs up to go back too!!

4 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

I’m back to working all but full-time tattooing from my home studio. I be taking peoples stimulus checks left and right. :p

Well earned bro. The work is top notch!!!

J

7 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

I’m back to working all but full-time tattooing from my home studio. I be taking peoples stimulus checks left and right. :p

Woohoo!!!!

7 hours ago, MKader17 said:

I'm back to it. 

Docs said not to stretch but fuck that. I know what I need. Bo access to the gym is literally endangering my life as I need equipment to work out. I'm steaming furious but anything you can do at home to help your body is key.  It's real humbling to squat what you curl to rehabilitate busted parts, but its better than letting the rust creep in.

I'm only a sociopath about health because if fall off the edge even a bit I don't have wiggle room and the repercussions are more serious than for most. It's why I've all but given up the booze. 

I just cannot risk it  

Edited by dem beats

4 hours ago, nigel said:

It's dicey at work right now.  Things are a tinder box with the inmates.  Or 96 man max unit was barricading and arming to fight us the other night.  Our ERT was going in full force to hit them hard and fast to change their minds.  Medium security side is tense as fuck, but was managing my last shift in.

Stay safe my dude. 

I'll take some extra ZMA and vitamins for you. 

You're doing some righteous work. 

Well, just got word back, apparently since my wife was tested ( even though she's negative, as expected by us) by policy I'm off work now till the 27th...

Damn.  Oh well, time to get settled into a good routine at the house I guess.

37 minutes ago, nigel said:

Well, just got word back, apparently since my wife was tested ( even though she's negative, as expected by us) by policy I'm off work now till the 27th...

Damn.  Oh well, time to get settled into a good routine at the house I guess.

Sorry man. Able to get PTO for it?

J

So I have a really odd question I never thought I would ask here. Anyone have to buy a bedside lamp recently?

I'm looking for a bedside table lamp that is able to dim, has USB charging, and is well made. I'm trying to kill the electronics before sleep, and see if reading a bit before bed might help me fall asleep sooner than usual. It seems like much of the Amazon offerings are cheaply made and poorly designed, and nothing seems to pop up on Target, Wal*Mart, or HD with these features.

J

7 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Anything actually doable that would help?

J

Can you make Covid go away?

10min after being home it looked like that.

7 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Can you make Covid go away?

I can make it so you aren't concerned about it nearly as much. Kinda pricey though.

J

7 hours ago, ///M5 said:

10min after being home it looked like that.

Best way to welcome them home.

J

$200.  Doesn't run...but the carb is completely clogged up.  Shouldn't be too bad...I hope.  Chinese nonsense, but it is fundamentally the same as what Polaris sold so the nonsense shoudl be repairable.

10 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Sorry man. Able to get PTO for it?

J

I'm booked off on other leave with pay, with it being a pandemic and the emergency orders and such they've had to create a new status for those affected by covid where we get still get our pay.  Which is good.  I just feel I should be able to be at work as she was negative.

But, being that we are a federal government agency, Treasury board policy is that I be treated as a possible asymptomatic carrier to ensure there's no chance I bring it to work.

1 hour ago, nigel said:

I'm booked off on other leave with pay, with it being a pandemic and the emergency orders and such they've had to create a new status for those affected by covid where we get still get our pay.  Which is good.  I just feel I should be able to be at work as she was negative.

But, being that we are a federal government agency, Treasury board policy is that I be treated as a possible asymptomatic carrier to ensure there's no chance I bring it to work.

It's not a bad thing that they are being careful. Better than other groups are being.

J

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

It's not a bad thing that they are being careful. Better than other groups are being.

J

For sure. And I get being careful.  Just, as a father of 3, I need to get out of the damn house sometimes too.

My wife works at the hospital, and since she tested negative, she was allowed back to work starting today.  So now I'm stuck at the house with the 3 boys full time...