Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

9 minutes ago, nigel said:

For sure. And I get being careful.  Just, as a father of 3, I need to get out of the damn house sometimes too.

My wife works at the hospital, and since she tested negative, she was allowed back to work starting today.  So now I'm stuck at the house with the 3 boys full time...

Take the boys out to do some outdoorsy stuff?

J

Have been. But not allowed to be anywhere, all parks, conservation areas, trails are closed.  

Only so many walks you can do.

And they're bored after a month of the same toys in the back yard.  Even the trampoline has lost it's excitement...

At least the youngest still enjoys digging in the sandbox.

Been trying things like board games and card games with them. But the youngest isn't quite old enough for them yet.  

Really I gotta just suck it up and quite bitching, at the end of the day I've got it really good.  Wife and I both have stable employment, and we have a happy healthy family.  And that's what matters most in the end.

Video games? Friends with private land? Pond or stream to fish?

J

21 hours ago, nigel said:

Have been. But not allowed to be anywhere, all parks, conservation areas, trails are closed.  

Only so many walks you can do.

And they're bored after a month of the same toys in the back yard.  Even the trampoline has lost it's excitement...

At least the youngest still enjoys digging in the sandbox.

Been trying things like board games and card games with them. But the youngest isn't quite old enough for them yet.  

Really I gotta just suck it up and quite bitching, at the end of the day I've got it really good.  Wife and I both have stable employment, and we have a happy healthy family.  And that's what matters most in the end.

Possibly build model cars. Model rockets. Break out some paint and do a paint class. Build something in the garage and show them how to use tools.  
if it was my dad he would’ve put me to work doing something. Pulling weeds, cleaning, organizing, stripping parts, White washing fences. if that don’t work they will probably avoid you like the plague just for mentioning It. 

We have completely cleaned up our yard, the toys, the garage, all that shit.  My little organizers have no choice when they are disrespectful they earn chore time.  When they are respectful they earn home made ice cream or something....which they also learned how to make.

Teaching mine to cook and bake as well.  Figure life lessons are good right now.

3 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Teaching mine to cook and bake as well.  Figure life lessons are good right now.

Crushing that bread game bro!

First official day in the office. This looks to be a great position for me. Lots of potential for upward mobility too.

Once fully familiar with the programs I will be running the orientation for new Veterans as well as new hires. I won't be doing all the presenting, but a good chunk of it. I'll also be working with their multimedia departments in video and photography. The amount of gear they have is incredible. It's like B&H sold them one of everything.

J

It's also business casual. Slacks and polos. For presentations though I'll be putting on a suit by choice. I never want to be the under-dressed guy.

J

Sean, what was that two-stroke oil you use for your snowmobiles that smells awesome but is extremely overkill for your yard tools but you use anyways? Asking for a friend ;)

Lol.  Klotz and Ipone are the smell good oils.  I have a bunch of klotZ and trust it in any 2 stroke

Miss that 2 stroke smell. Bel ray had a good smell to.

I have 7 gallons at the house, lol

On 4/21/2020 at 5:23 PM, Godsmack said:

First official day in the office. This looks to be a great position for me. Lots of potential for upward mobility too.

Once fully familiar with the programs I will be running the orientation for new Veterans as well as new hires. I won't be doing all the presenting, but a good chunk of it. I'll also be working with their multimedia departments in video and photography. The amount of gear they have is incredible. It's like B&H sold them one of everything.

J

So happy for you my man!

On 4/21/2020 at 5:25 PM, Godsmack said:

It's also business casual. Slacks and polos. For presentations though I'll be putting on a suit by choice. I never want to be the under-dressed guy.

J

Suits feel great

Love dressing nice. Being that I spend my career in a uniform, and rest days in comfy clothes playing with the kids it's not often I get to put on a suit.

Pretty much just for court and for funerals at this point in life. 

Will occasionally throw on a a nice suit or dress pants shirt and sport jacket to go visit the wife at work for lunch as a surprise.  She hates it.  Her co-workers think it's great. :lol::neil:

I am not much for suits anymore, but find sport coats about the most useful travel coat there is.  The inside pockets are killer for phone/wallet compared to anything else I wear.  Wool is also an awesome fabric for hot/cool etc.

19 hours ago, dem beats said:

So happy for you my man!

Thanks man. I am excited to be supporting the people who are helping to support my fellow Veterans. The lifestyle there is definitely different than the Military. Change seems to come slowly, and has resistance.

19 hours ago, dem beats said:

Suits feel great

They do. However between my budget, variety of tasks, and necessity for the position they aren't the best choice for a day in-day out wardrobe.

J

11 hours ago, nigel said:

Love dressing nice. Being that I spend my career in a uniform, and rest days in comfy clothes playing with the kids it's not often I get to put on a suit.

Pretty much just for court and for funerals at this point in life. 

Will occasionally throw on a a nice suit or dress pants shirt and sport jacket to go visit the wife at work for lunch as a surprise.  She hates it.  Her co-workers think it's great. :lol::neil:

Not a bad thing at all man. I usually enjoy a good reason to wear the suit. Just not daily.

J

8 hours ago, ///M5 said:

I am not much for suits anymore, but find sport coats about the most useful travel coat there is.  The inside pockets are killer for phone/wallet compared to anything else I wear.  Wool is also an awesome fabric for hot/cool etc.

I've never found one I felt was comfortable enough to purchase. Plus I just couldn't see myself wearing one with a polo. Maybe next month I'll go look at another one and see how it works.

Wool is great with heat and cold. The humidity can be stifling here though. Especially since my office is 400 yards off the inner coastal and maybe 1.5 miles from the Gulf itself.

J

Lol.  If it is above room temperature outside it is way to hot for a jacket

I wear one when it is 30F by adding gloves and a scarf.

I travel though and packing small is critical.  Super flexible then

Or used to travel.  Was supposed to be in Singapore a few weeks back.

8 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Lol.  If it is above room temperature outside it is way to hot for a jacket

So basically we have about 3 weeks a year for a jacket during the daytime.

J