Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Yep, I've never once thought of wearing a jacket to FL.  Hell I've been there in January and the only one swimming in the ocean a few times.

I own one suit and it is corduroy. Has probably been 20 years since I wore one, and it was a rental for my sisters wedding. I look like Fabio in the pictures. :lol:

10 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Or used to travel.  Was supposed to be in Singapore a few weeks back.

I was supposed to be in Oxford a few weeks back. For a father daughter weekend. 

Had my first salad in probably a month and a half last night. The grass in the yard was starting to look good.

Just threw a chunk of some local beef in the smoker. Meant to do it yesterday but missed my window. The mouth is watering already!

45 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

Had my first salad in probably a month and a half last night. The grass in the yard was starting to look good.

I love salad.  So much flavor.  And versatile. Simple changes in ingredients completely change the profile.  So easy.

That being said, last night I did up a coconut curry dish with chicken, shrimp, carrots, yellow peppers, mushrooms and green onions on a bed of rice noodles.

Redneck tip.  After using your green onion tops and romaine lettuce tops, put the roots in fresh water and in the sun.  In a few days you will have green onions and a week or so lettuce.

I can't eat salads anymore.  Leafy greens at least.  My digestive system is a motherfucker!  Broccoli is the worst for me.  Oddly enough, it seems I can tolerate some of them cooked, but I can't stand cooked greens.  Veggies are another story.  

Anyone else get heartburn from cucumbers?

7 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

I can't eat salads anymore.  Leafy greens at least.  My digestive system is a motherfucker!  Broccoli is the worst for me.  Oddly enough, it seems I can tolerate some of them cooked, but I can't stand cooked greens.  Veggies are another story.  

My wife is like this.  Too much raw veggies is a world of bloat gas and pain. She has also tested positive for celiacs when they biopsied her stomach.  Which is awesome, no gluten anything... yeah... She also can't eat any pork products, again gas, pain, gastro issues galore.  So to run down the list... Basically, she can't eat.

I was diagnosed with Celiac nearly 20 years ago.  Eliminated all the bullshit and nothing changed.  It takes a LOT of dedication to stick to that diet.

9 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Redneck tip.  After using your green onion tops and romaine lettuce tops, put the roots in fresh water and in the sun.  In a few days you will have green onions and a week or so lettuce.

No shit?  I'll try it. 

I'm going to create an "herb shelf" for the kitchen. Did you already figure that out for me too???

48 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

I was diagnosed with Celiac nearly 20 years ago.  Eliminated all the bullshit and nothing changed.  It takes a LOT of dedication to stick to that diet.

Like you, they got no clue for me. 

Gluten doesn't bug me a bit though. 

11 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

I own one suit and it is corduroy. Has probably been 20 years since I wore one, and it was a rental for my sisters wedding. I look like Fabio in the pictures. :lol:

Look just like him. 

I thought you were the guy from the romance novel covers!

1 hour ago, dem beats said:

No shit?  I'll try it. 

I'm going to create an "herb shelf" for the kitchen. Did you already figure that out for me too???

Yes.

10 hours ago, ///M5 said:

I just started a celery this week. Have a pineapple plant that’s about two years old, that should produce in the next year.

Look just like him. 

I thought you were the guy from the romance novel covers!

Haha it was really bad with long hair.

10 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Anyone else get heartburn from cucumbers?

No heartburn, but will burp the taste up all day.

12 hours ago, nigel said:

I love salad.  So much flavor.  And versatile. Simple changes in ingredients completely change the profile.  So easy.

That being said, last night I did up a coconut curry dish with chicken, shrimp, carrots, yellow peppers, mushrooms and green onions on a bed of rice noodles.

Yummy!

No shit?  I'll try it. 

Ok, not 1000%.  Here is what we started just a couple weeks ago.

Oyster mushrooms

risdzcA.jpg

Basil plant I have looted about 10 times along with my first lettuce from seed, a solitary dill plant, green onions from a few days back and romaine from 3 days ago.  Have a shit pile of seeds on the counter germinating.  All that shit I had at home already.

IrMagJM.jpg

Everything but the basil is hydroponic.  That I bought as a plant the day before the stores went bonkers.  Keep eating it though...

And yes, one of those lettuce cups is horribly over seeded and not thinned.  I've never grown anything effective before in my life so I wanted to see what happens.

Leaf lettuce is a great one to do from seed. Will reproduce for a couple months before getting bitter. Amazing salads.

I have a bunch of other herbs hopefully landing here in a few days.  More salad, tomatoes and a bunch of things planted.   Until I have good root structure and enough plants I am sticking to the kratky method and then will turn on the hydro system.  Stuff for upgrading my RO system came yesterday so I can tackle that.  Going from el generic 50gpd to a 100gpd with pressure boost.  I assume I will need a larger storage tank as well, but wanted to see the flow without first.  Those are easy to add :)