Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

3 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

The C4 is stronger than the AOD.  Just missing OD.  I'd find a 2WD Explorer or Mountaineer with the 5.0 and snatch the 4R70W out of that with a trans controller.   Far more stout than the AOD with the ability to cobtrol shifts and converter lockup.

Thanks for the feedback. Those seem to be more plentiful as well. Would’ve never thought of the aftermarket controller. 

optimistically the C4 will hold up from leaking for a few years. We shall see on my next day off.

On 4/20/2021 at 2:16 PM, ///M5 said:

Lol, you can like your own posts.

When I participated im social media, that was my go to move. 

Then I would ask why others didn't like my post. 

Lmao

On 4/22/2021 at 2:16 PM, Godsmack said:

Unfortunately not in a positive way. As I have now learned I have degenerative disc disease in C5-C6 that seems to have contributed the the migraines. Those migraines caused me to take time off and lead to me getting the boot.

J

Wait what???

I thought you were working on a promotion. I'm sorry my brother. Thats a hard diagnosis.   They have a plan to patch you up?

Looks good, do the boys dig it?

On 4/23/2021 at 5:17 PM, j-roadtatts said:

Did I mention I hate auto transmissions?! At least the C4 is a mindless one to work on. Needed new seals, bushings and gaskets.:)No photo description available.

I fixed my Mercedes 5-speed auto. Only clutches and brakes, no bands, it was easy-peasy. 

This is my rebuild topic: 

https://sprinter-source.com/forums/index.php?threads/45933/

Lots of pics, even more yapping. 

I've since took that Jeep off the road and this new one obviously has one worn clutch pack as it makes a bit more heat than it should. And I'm unsure whether to rebuild the new trans (less miles) or swap in the old rebuilt one. The old one has the original bearings though, so more miles on them. 

18 hours ago, ///M5 said:

I am beat.  Wanted to network the 2 12's in the back with the 2 9's in the front and fix the odd wiring from the previous owner.  Add some goodies along the way.  First vehicle in forever that is getting no amps....at least for now :P

Y7GHNym.jpg

IreuyRU.jpg

3 zone RGB controller.  Red for night whatever for whatever else.  Last years Infinity's on clearance for $70 a pair with LEDs.  I needed the light to see and was having a hard enough time drilling in the fiberglass and removing the foam 

Let's goooooOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

On 4/25/2021 at 9:24 AM, Adrian_D said:

This is my rebuild topic: 

https://sprinter-source.com/forums/index.php?threads/45933/

Lots of pics, even more yapping. 

I've since took that Jeep off the road and this new one obviously has one worn clutch pack as it makes a bit more heat than it should. And I'm unsure whether to rebuild the new trans (less miles) or swap in the old rebuilt one. The old one has the original bearings though, so more miles on them. 

You guys and your tranny problems...

Once you see one opened up, you definitely want to see all the rest.

Edited by dem beats

On 4/24/2021 at 12:51 PM, dem beats said:

Wait what???

I thought you were working on a promotion. I'm sorry my brother. Thats a hard diagnosis.   They have a plan to patch you up?

I'd been fighting to have my position's pay grades upgraded, and applying for new positions/a promotion.....that's tits up for now. As of the moment I am just hunting for a new position. Hopefully something comes soon. Rough finding someone to fight this; quite honestly I believe this is someone being vindictive for a past supervisor.

As for patching me up, brain MRI on the 5th of May, and phys therapy consultation coming up around the 24th. I'm also putting in for increased compensation after all this. It's going to be a shit show for a bit.

J

22 hours ago, Godsmack said:

I'd been fighting to have my position's pay grades upgraded, and applying for new positions/a promotion.....that's tits up for now. As of the moment I am just hunting for a new position. Hopefully something comes soon. Rough finding someone to fight this; quite honestly I believe this is someone being vindictive for a past supervisor.

As for patching me up, brain MRI on the 5th of May, and phys therapy consultation coming up around the 24th. I'm also putting in for increased compensation after all this. It's going to be a shit show for a bit.

J

Oh wow, I am sorry.  Crossing my fingers for the best news.

On 4/26/2021 at 1:18 PM, Godsmack said:

J

Best luck brother.  Makes me feel lucky to be in the situation I'm in. 

On 4/25/2021 at 8:21 AM, Adrian_D said:

I fixed my Mercedes 5-speed auto. Only clutches and brakes, no bands, it was easy-peasy. 

Hindsight is 20/20. honestly first automatic trans I have disassembled. Looking back would’ve ordered new clutch plates and bands. 

Now I know and knowing is half the battle. lol

Should have it fired up in the next couple hours! with any luck will not leak. Otherwise onto Plan B. 

The case is in pretty rough shape. Would need some heli coils and JB Weld if I was to rebuild this one. 

On 4/26/2021 at 1:18 PM, Godsmack said:

J

Hang in there!!

The Escalade is back to stock brakes.  Wilwoods can blow me.  WORST money I've ever spent.

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

The Escalade is back to stock brakes.  Wilwoods can blow me.  WORST money I've ever spent.

That bad? Lol

On 4/27/2021 at 1:18 PM, Aaron Clinton said:

Oh wow, I am sorry.  Crossing my fingers for the best news.

13 hours ago, dem beats said:

Best luck brother.  Makes me feel lucky to be in the situation I'm in. 

4 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Hang in there!!

Appreciate it guys. It could be much worse and I am fortunate to be where I am. Just gotta keep hunting and fighting. Too stubborn to give up and take whatever comes my way. At least at this point.

J

Two questions.

1.Any recommendations on nice leather boots?

2. Any recommendations on nice looking steel/composite toe boots. Looking for something without a huge heel or rugged sole, preferably.

On 4/28/2021 at 8:18 AM, ///M5 said:

Good to know!

17 hours ago, MKader17 said:

Two questions.

2. Any recommendations on nice looking steel/composite toe boots. Looking for something without a huge heel or rugged sole, preferably.

Redwing is the entry level into highest end workbooks. Last pair i purchased cost $325 or so. High ankle leather in and out. I think they are less now.   I'll look into the exact pair before I fully endorse it though.  Lasted 3 seasons. Then many many many years as shit kickers.  Lether behind safty cap wore before the sole did but I kept them for dry summer work until the sole failed and just avoided wet or slush.

Don't look into Nick's, White's,  Frank's,  or any of those. You don't want to know. 

Edited by dem beats

On 4/28/2021 at 7:56 PM, MKader17 said:

Two questions.

Lace up , slip on, low, high?  

Find an actual boot store and go thru them all on.  The fit varies brand to brand quite a bit.  Expect to pay in the 115-300 range depending on what you get.  

On 4/29/2021 at 2:03 PM, dem beats said:

Redwing is the entry level into highest end workbooks. Last pair i purchased cost $325 or so. High ankle leather in and out. I think they are less now.   I'll look into the exact pair before I fully endorse it though.  Lasted 3 seasons. Then many many many years as shit kickers.  Lether behind safty cap wore before the sole did but I kept them for dry summer work until the sole failed and just avoided wet or slush.

Don't look into Nick's, White's,  Frank's,  or any of those. You don't want to know. 

They are next on my own list. Doc Martens have been my go to for a bit.

J

On 4/30/2021 at 6:34 AM, topgun said:

Lace up , slip on, low, high?  

Find an actual boot store and go thru them all on.  The fit varies brand to brand quite a bit.  Expect to pay in the 115-300 range depending on what you get.  

Low, slip or lace.

I agree, the last time I went to a boot store, the owner ended up talking to me FOREVER and I still have the scars from that encounter :D 

On 5/1/2021 at 7:00 AM, MKader17 said:

Low, slip or lace.

I agree, the last time I went to a boot store, the owner ended up talking to me FOREVER and I still have the scars from that encounter :D 

No help on the brand for that.  Any real shoe store should have some selection for you, might trya redwing store to start.  You can get safety toes in every style and they should have a selection for you.  

Other to have plenty of dead animal shoe choices in your state.