Jump to content
Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Recommended Posts

On 5/20/2021 at 8:39 PM, Tirefryr said:

I managed to pick up a BNIB 10" Hellion yesterday too.  Thanks Sean!

 

Nice find.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talk me out of a CTS-V

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a Cadillac.  Done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My POS Cadillac has been through hell and back and outside of owner influenced troubles has only had the cruise control and the heated seat break.

Alternatives are BMW M5, Mercedes E63, and the Lexus GS F.  Was going to go electric, but the MachE isn't much better than the pos Tesla's so I gave up that notion.  The Lexus is too slow and adding a supercharger to it probably takes that lovely reliability and kicks it out the window.  It's infotainment system is nonsense as well.  The laundry list of things that go wrong on the Germans on the forums is a mile long.  The CTS-V somewhat minimal...

I am scared of it though, because Cadillac.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they made a 4 door Shelby Mustang I'd be in line to get one already.  I need a car that minimally my 5'8" wife can sit behind me in.  The Charger Hellcat is a fucking turd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

My POS Cadillac has been through hell and back and outside of owner influenced troubles has only had the cruise control and the heated seat break.

Alternatives are BMW M5, Mercedes E63, and the Lexus GS F.  Was going to go electric, but the MachE isn't much better than the pos Tesla's so I gave up that notion.  The Lexus is too slow and adding a supercharger to it probably takes that lovely reliability and kicks it out the window.  It's infotainment system is nonsense as well.  The laundry list of things that go wrong on the Germans on the forums is a mile long.  The CTS-V somewhat minimal...

I am scared of it though, because Cadillac.

I know a couple people with CTSs.  Two with sedans, and one has a coupe.  IMO, they don't age well.  The leather is cheap and cracks quickly and easily.  I honestly don't even think it's leather.  All have stupid issues, like door latch and striker issues.  Every single one of them.  The guy with the Coupe replaces tires every 1.5 years.  He's had it aligned 3 times in 5 years and it still just chews the outside fronts to bits.  Every single one of them has had the CUE screen replaced.  Even the cheapest shocks on these things are $300 per shock.  Just stating what I've experienced.   This is the reason I'm not driving an ATS coupe.  I absolutely LOVE those cars, but I work on cars and I'd never buy one. 

 

Stating that, everything I buy is based on my work with cars.  I love Audis, but they are a pain in the ass to work on, so I'll never buy one.  I'm super familiar with Ford, so that is the bulk of what I buy.  If I had to pick out of any of them, It would be the Lexus, especially since it being "too slow," will only be noticed on the track,  I know it's lacking in torque, but it's so negligible on the street, and IMO, it's just such a different car to the Germans there's really no point in even comparing them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, the V1 & V2 were pieces of crap.  Looking at V3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It rings true for me no matter what version, especially since they are still using many of the same parts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The V1 & V2 were pretty much the same, but the 3 is more the new Camaro than Cadillac....or the Camaro is more the Caddy..  Either way.  17.5+ gets the new Cue (still yuck, but isn't plagued with the screen bs), and most of the other fit and finish shit is miles better.  Shock prices and parts are absurd, but cheap compared to the Germans or the Lexus.

The Lexus feels slow.  Drove one again a couple weeks ago.  It also feels old in the interior.  When I am paying $60k for a car I'd not like that feeling.

I know I told you to talk me out of it and I am arguing...but it isn't because I don't want to be talked out of it.  You know I take 80 years to decide on a car and pretty much have it down to the Lexus and the Caddy, but my wife asked me the million dollar question which is what will make me happier when I open the garage and see it.  For the Lexus to win that it will need a supercharger added.  The Benz I don't think can make me feel that way as it is truly the ugliest $100k sedan I have seen.  The BMW doesn't differentiate itself from the standard 5 series to do it.  I am also scared like fuck of owning one after my last AMG experience.  The initial purchase is on work, the maintenance on me.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drove a Hennessey 550 ATS-V the other day.  That car was glorious...but too small.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buy a Mazda CX-9 and spend the rest of the money on a Pantera.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2021 at 9:42 PM, Tirefryr said:

I had arthroscopic on my shoulder.  IT was quite effed up.

 

Not qualified to advise from a distance. 

I don't really believe in all those goofy synesthesia things,but I've been told I have Dr or Mirror synesthesia.  I can usually watch someone sit and find out the mechanical problems.  It gets real weird, but it made me super popular with the ladies.

:-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Talk me out of a CTS-V

 

Turbo hurrican!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ///M5 said:

My POS Cadillac has been through hell and back and outside of owner influenced troubles has only had the cruise control and the heated seat break.

Alternatives are BMW M5, Mercedes E63, and the Lexus GS F.  Was going to go electric, but the MachE isn't much better than the pos Tesla's so I gave up that notion.  The Lexus is too slow and adding a supercharger to it probably takes that lovely reliability and kicks it out the window.  It's infotainment system is nonsense as well.  The laundry list of things that go wrong on the Germans on the forums is a mile long.  The CTS-V somewhat minimal...

I am scared of it though, because Cadillac.

 

What about a Panamara?  Need 4 doors?  What about that full size Benz coupe?  Or the Bimmer?  Can you get a 2 door 6 or are they all gone?

 

M5 is my choice. I hate the Benz E class dash.  At least all the ones I've been in.  Maybe it would grow on me. 

The right choice is the Lexus.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

For the wife.

 

:D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ///M5 said:

The V1 & V2 were pretty much the same, but the 3 is more the new Camaro than Cadillac....or the Camaro is more the Caddy..  Either way.  17.5+ gets the new Cue (still yuck, but isn't plagued with the screen bs), and most of the other fit and finish shit is miles better.  Shock prices and parts are absurd, but cheap compared to the Germans or the Lexus.

The Lexus feels slow.  Drove one again a couple weeks ago.  It also feels old in the interior.  When I am paying $60k for a car I'd not like that feeling.

I know I told you to talk me out of it and I am arguing...but it isn't because I don't want to be talked out of it.  You know I take 80 years to decide on a car and pretty much have it down to the Lexus and the Caddy, but my wife asked me the million dollar question which is what will make me happier when I open the garage and see it.  For the Lexus to win that it will need a supercharger added.  The Benz I don't think can make me feel that way as it is truly the ugliest $100k sedan I have seen.  The BMW doesn't differentiate itself from the standard 5 series to do it.  I am also scared like fuck of owning one after my last AMG experience.  The initial purchase is on work, the maintenance on me.  

BMW , get the competition package or some Alpina/Dinan parts. 

 

Benz is an uggo.   Even if you enjoy the ride it's like sloppy fat chicks and scooters.  Might be real fun when your drunk, but when you see it sober, you will regret everything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Drove a Hennessey 550 ATS-V the other day.  That car was glorious...but too small.

I felt the CTS was snug and I'm 6'2.

 

Last time I was in one I was ~20 inches more girthy.

 

 

You don't want another dressed up Chevy.  The pig took off the bow tie and put on a little crest.

 

Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I fit just fine in the Caddy.  Cost of ownership is huge to me as I am cheap.  If the residual says high I will make money.  Depreciation + repair I would like to minimize.  The Lexus maintenance would include a supercharger and stereo stuff to fix the nonsense they have.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like I'm be asked by a woman if a dress makes her look fat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Except you can answer yes and she will argue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't love any of them...so wallet per smile wins.  

 

Matt Panera Turbo in the same price is a 10-13.  The ass....I can't take the ass.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, the dress makes you fat, I mean buy the Caddy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well played

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously, I want videos of you lighting up the tires!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Need to find a car first!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you find a car yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×