Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

17 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

And post pics of the orange truck!  '78 or '79?

78, I may get back to that garage tomorrow, he has quite the car collection. I will get more pictures as I do more work for him. 

15 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

I would never buy less than a half-ton pickup.  They get the same fuel mileage as the little guys with half the utility, so I see no point.  Perhaps an insurance break, but that may be the only positive.

That’s my normal thinking. 

My only thoughts about a smaller vehicle was for a little easier time in tight spaces “off road”.  I’m not familiar with cost of parts on the smaller trucks/suvs.  Without and reason I just assumed they might be much cheeper to upkeep/upgrade.  Also as a way to leave open an option like a land cruiser, jeep, or other truck like object.  

I’m always HOPING someone tells me I need to build a TTv8 trophy truck to get groceries so I like where your headed here. 

Edited by dem beats

12 hours ago, nem said:

My current project. 1937 Ford Coupe, all original.  

IMG_20210818_171228_618.jpg

IMG_20210818_171228_264.jpg

Almost painfully beautiful.  

14 hours ago, dem beats said:

My only thoughts about a smaller vehicle was for a little easier time in tight spaces “off road”.  I’m not familiar with cost of parts on the smaller trucks/suvs.  Without and reason I just assumed they might be much cheeper to upkeep/upgrade.  Also as a way to leave open an option like a land cruiser, jeep, or other truck like object.  

I’m always HOPING someone tells me I need to build a TTv8 trophy truck to get groceries so I like where your headed here. 

F-150 5.0 STX. Add the twinsies and then put whatever suspension you want on it.

On 8/19/2021 at 5:56 AM, dem beats said:

You need to build a TTv8 trophy truck. It's the ultimate grocery getter.

J

Speaking of ultimate grocery getter. Pee paw decided on a Bronco Sport. All he needs and low enough to get into.

Took it in the shorts on trade in, but got rid of that wrecked truck that I felt was a ticking time bomb.

Drove a Bronco today. If my wife would decide she doesn't want more kids, we'd order one for late 2022.

PXL_20210820_195904034.jpg

14 hours ago, MKader17 said:

Neal, you ever heard of FEYNLAB ceramic coating?

Yes, never used any of their products though. 

Looking at getting dad's new vehicle started off with ceramic so it stays pristine. One company ony are uses their products

I should probably do the audi.  Amusingly it has a front 3M bra that goes all over the hood and front fenders as the owner didn't want seams.  It looks brand new, but sure that won't be fun to pull off.

And holy fuck brake dust.  The Audi fucking destroys clean wheels with just 2 60-0 stops.  I've never seen any car this bad.

Got the Powerstops on the front of the truck. Stops great and no more rotor wobble.

Thanks @Tirefryr

On 8/21/2021 at 6:08 PM, MKader17 said:

Neal, you ever heard of FEYNLAB ceramic coating?

A buddy of mine just got his done, and they used that. Even after 3 days of nasty rain/sun cycles it shines like a new penny.

J

15 hours ago, MKader17 said:

Looking at getting dad's new vehicle started off with ceramic so it stays pristine. One company ony are uses their products

Best advice I can offer is to look at their work. Paint correction is everything, regardless of the ceramic.

13 hours ago, ///M5 said:

I should probably do the audi.  Amusingly it has a front 3M bra that goes all over the hood and front fenders as the owner didn't want seams.  It looks brand new, but sure that won't be fun to pull off.

If the PPF is still in good condition, not yellowing or cracking, you can use a finish compound and clean it up. Then ceramic right over it.

PPF is the best paint protection.

My apt canceled today, so I will be able to start the 2 corvettes early.

Corvette's at Carlisle is this weekend and I could spend 3 weeks just prepping a handful of cars just for the show field.  

20 minutes ago, nem said:

If the PPF is still in good condition, not yellowing or cracking, you can use a finish compound and clean it up. Then ceramic right over it.

PPF is the best paint protection.

Seriously?  It is in pristine condition so far.  Not sure what to clean.  Didn't realize you could seal the bra, lol

13 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Seriously?  It is in pristine condition so far.  Not sure what to clean.  Didn't realize you could seal the bra, lol

Start with a good hand wash, fine clay to pull anything that is stuck in it, IPA wipe down should get it clean enough to coat.  

I put clear PPF kits on and seal ceramic so they last and don't get brittle.

35 minutes ago, nem said:

My apt canceled today, so I will be able to start the 2 corvettes early.

Corvette's at Carlisle is this weekend and I could spend 3 weeks just prepping a handful of cars just for the show field.  

You're not getting any of that hurricane?

I also seal graphics. 

1 minute ago, Tirefryr said:

You're not getting any of that hurricane?

Sunny today, it poured yesterday while I was at work.

Stay safe and dry!

My Flex dealer just told me they are moving production out of Germany to China. So glad I made the jump when I did.

All my flex tools are fully serviceable. 

2 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

Stay safe and dry!

Will do, Thanks.