Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Well..... I fit into an M3 coupe e46. I tried to get into last gen M5 and I had to fold in half so I walked away. It had 90k on the clock, so no point in even trying it.

Motoworks fuckers are the most incompetent sales guys ever.

Sweet. FM antenna adapter for my tablet arrived today. Now I get to see if I can truly make the Droid work as a fully functional front end for a car.I've already figured out:Steering wheel controlsBlue tooth dialing (need a parrot or the like for audio)Overlays with volume controls on all screensVoice commandGPSRear cameraInternetInstant on boot timeUSB HDD storage for all music/videoWireless screen mirroring for rear videoAnd a bunch of other things.Going to add a PC for safe measure as well. This will allow me rather flexible crossovers...and the potential to upgrade if Windows 8 ever supports Google Maps.I just fucking hope that the FM reception and such is acceptable as at my age I listen to a fair amount of talk radio.

I would have questions when I do my car PC.
I am not doing a carPC as the Nav systems for cars blow goats. This will be Android based.

Really curious how you are making it work. Particularly the volume overlay. Is this piggybacking off another system? Would you use the Android tablet as a front end then run the audio directly into a PC?

Sweet. FM antenna adapter for my tablet arrived today. Now I get to see if I can truly make the Droid work as a fully functional front end for a car.I've already figured out:Steering wheel controlsBlue tooth dialing (need a parrot or the like for audio)Overlays with volume controls on all screensVoice commandGPSRear cameraInternetInstant on boot timeUSB HDD storage for all music/videoWireless screen mirroring for rear videoAnd a bunch of other things.Going to add a PC for safe measure as well. This will allow me rather flexible crossovers...and the potential to upgrade if Windows 8 ever supports Google Maps.I just fucking hope that the FM reception and such is acceptable as at my age I listen to a fair amount of talk radio.

I would have questions when I do my car PC.
I am not doing a carPC as the Nav systems for cars blow goats. This will be Android based.
Really curious how you are making it work. Particularly the volume overlay. Is this piggybacking off another system? Would you use the Android tablet as a front end then run the audio directly into a PC?
Pretend the PC doesn't exist. The PC for me will only be so I can run 3 way active, ie a more flexible replacement for a miniDSP. Found a PC for basically the same price as the mini so why not smile.png

I don't have it all figured out. I need a different tablet as the Tab 2 will not allow the use of a USB hub and that is a pre-requisite as the steering wheel controls, FM Antenna, Hard drive, backup camera and other peripherals will be USB.

Well..... I fit into an M3 coupe e46. I tried to get into last gen M5 and I had to fold in half so I walked away. It had 90k on the clock, so no point in even trying it.

The 06 M5 was so buttery smooth.... Mmmmmmmm

My impression of the 06 was they stole some of BMW's persona when they built the car. The next generation is even worse in that regard. Refinement is almost going too far as it isolates the driver. Still brilliant cars though.

How are you tweaking the software?

May be a good replacement for my double DIN that got stolen. I have the H701 for processing so I just need a high quality, audio out.

Not a 100% sure yet. I have until December to finish this as that is when my lease is up. Not even yet sure I am getting a car that needs one. My last two Porsche drives were not compelling.

woot.gif Porsche dealer just took in a Black 2008 Turbo ChiliPepper. Guess I know what I am doing tomorrow.

Best part if I go that route is that I can sell the stock unit for more than the replacement. This one will NOT be going back to stock so the old stuff will go while it has value.

Dying to know how much depth I have for the 8 in the door...

So, for the first time ever I got my Adcoms pre amp volume control to work by remote, but the power button doesn't work. Any way I could make it switch on/off with the TV/DVR?

Their website lists it as a non-Turbo, but Autotrader as one. Price at $49k it better be a Turbo...

So, for the first time ever I got my Adcoms pre amp volume control to work by remote, but the power button doesn't work. Any way I could make it switch on/off with the TV/DVR?

Relay. What voltage does the trigger on the DVR output?

Actually depending on the Adcom it may have a trigger in the back for that purpose. My older one does.

Think I finally got all the bloat off this damned laptop

looks like some of the .net framework is corrupted

plus it has a shit ton of $$$$$ apps I'd lose

The 06 M5 was so buttery smooth.... Mmmmmmmm

This was an 08 or 09. But 90k on the clock is too much for me with that car. I wouldn't have have any spare reserves to get a new tranny. And they are temperamental.

Their website lists it as a non-Turbo, but Autotrader as one. Price at $49k it better be a Turbo...

Ford wanted 8 grand less for the exploder sport.

:P

Yuk.