Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Most go dead ofter 22 days of not being driven, so I was told by a dealer. My son's jeep is dead in less than that if not driven or charged.

Really....hmm

Would it drop that low though? Or do I have a parasitic drain? Honestly sometimes it sits for months, like now I haven't driven it since June probably.

What about an aftermarket alarm? 

Can leaving my keys in the ignition slowly drain my battery? I drive my infiniti ~ once a month and sometimes it is dead, and I mean DEAD like 5v, but then other times it's fine for a while. I was watching Breaking Bad icon_roflmao.gif and their RV died because they left the key in it, so it made me start googling. I've seen that certain cars computers will remain on when the key is in the ignition. So I'm thinking that the times that it dies are when I leave the keys in the ignition, and it's fine when I remove them. 

Sorry for the rambling sentences, but can anyone chime in on this?

1996 Infiniti I30 BTW

Not on that.  Possibly on NEWer vehicles, but nothing on your Nissan.

Damn that is what I was thinking. 

Would an aftermarket alarm change that?

Most go dead ofter 22 days of not being driven, so I was told by a dealer. My son's jeep is dead in less than that if not driven or charged.

Really....hmm

Would it drop that low though? Or do I have a parasitic drain? Honestly sometimes it sits for months, like now I haven't driven it since June probably.

I was told that, but I tender all my vehicles, but the camry.

Yes, it very well could.  I have seen several alarms (internal relay) fail and close a circuit and drain a battery.

Really....hmm

I was told that, but I tender all my vehicles, but the camry.

Buying one now, it will be so much easier than having to charge it every time I want to drive it.

When the hell did kids start selling glow sticks instead of candy for fundraising? Is this really the Miley Cyrus generation?

suicide-santa.gif

Yes, it very well could.  I have seen several alarms (internal relay) fail and close a circuit and drain a battery.

I'm thinking that's what it is. I had a viper remote start installed and one week later I had smoke coming from my dash. Brought it back for them to remove it so it wouldn't catch on fire, went back a week later for them to "make it right" and the shop was empty. If I ever see one of the guys it will be ugly. 

Viper has lifetime warranty on their brains. Call them about the situation and they will pay for it to be fixed.

When the hell did kids start selling glow sticks instead of candy for fundraising? Is this really the Miley Cyrus generation?

suicide-santa.gif

Here's a better one. The kids around here are selling 1 $ cast bars. But they don't have them on hand. You must order them and then the school wants the kids to track you down for your one dollar piece if candy when they come in.

Viper has lifetime warranty on their brains. Call them about the situation and they will pay for it to be fixed.

Thanks but we're talking years. I don't even remember the name of the shop.

And it was an install error, he left some wire exposed near the dead pedal, I moved my foot and poof.

I just want to grab something full range and a T amp and be done.  Can't really crank it in the office but for a few hours per day, so I don't need anything special.

Exactly what is in my office....mated with a Carver True Sub though

Have you guys ever read Security Analysis? Deciding if I want to buy it. At the least reading it for fun.

Booooooooooooorn to be wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiild

PhrgLL0.gif

I just want to grab something full range and a T amp and be done.  Can't really crank it in the office but for a few hours per day, so I don't need anything special.

I have one of these at work, not that I'm using, just the raw driver. It's a big mofo.

Mine is a little mofo.  About 12" x 12" x12 "

Passive radiator included.  XBL allows the little guy to dig pretty well.  Way more than adequate for my office, lol

I see a 14 Silverado 4x4 z71 in my very near future

The seller accepted my offer. Now I need to book bus tickets and win the hardtop auction so I can get the hardtop too. 

Zoom ZoomZ!!

Now we need to talk Sean into getting a Mazda to tool around on. ;)

The seller accepted my offer. Now I need to book bus tickets and win the hardtop auction so I can get the hardtop too. 

Zoom ZoomZ!!

Now we need to talk Sean into getting a Mazda to tool around on. wink.png

Zoom Zoom ! ! !

Leaving Monday evening for Germany to pick it up. It's going to be a project since it's been sitting for a while. Needs all maintenance done, fixing some rust on the rockers (seller sent me detailed pics), interior detailing and new seats, as current ones are beige on a black interior.

All the work needed is definitely not another $1k, which is the difference to one in supposedly good condition. 

2 hardtops lined up on ebay, close to the car and the car has all the mounting points so I have to win one and bring it back. 

We're going on an adventure laugh.png