Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Anybody else have corrective eye surgery?

J

Almost 10 years ago. SO GLAD I did.

Here's why I am asking; I had PRK about 4 years ago, and it feels like my eyes aren't focusing quite as well as they should anymore, especially at dusk or in the dark.

Also seems like my eyes feel dry a little more often than they have in the past. Wondering if dry eye would effect my vision, and how to increase tear production.

J

Dry eyes are a common side effect with all laser surgeries; in severe cases, however, the user can develop Dry Eye Syndrome.

Guess I need to use the drops more.

J

Here's why I am asking; I had PRK about 4 years ago, and it feels like my eyes aren't focusing quite as well as they should anymore, especially at dusk or in the dark.

Also seems like my eyes feel dry a little more often than they have in the past. Wondering if dry eye would effect my vision, and how to increase tear production.

J

Non Rx glasses and sun glasses go a looooooong way in stopping dry eyes.

Had to go Ronnie Coleman a few times but by-god I finished every set. Had a mess of fried chicken and mashed potatoes afterwards.

Got some Sailor tonight.  smile.png

Opening the bottle Aaron brought up over the weekend. He tried some Sailor Saturday night.

3 more nights of spookhaven left!

J

Non Rx glasses and sun glasses go a looooooong way in stopping dry eyes.
I wear my MJ's ALL the time

J

Less TV & Computer, more time outside.

Wow. Added 16 32w flourescents to the garage. Holy hell I can see. Fucking hate flourescents, but amazing.<br /><br />Timing is good as the sled needs to come apart...big time.

FUCK YES! My next project is putting some white reflective boars on the garage ceiling and adding 8-12 flourescents. I HATE dark garages.
I'm in the process of getting a new Dragon from the "bone yard" and have my garage fully prepped for its arrival. I can't wait for the snow to hit!
What year and what is wrong with it?Going to yank the suspension, motor and coolers from the IQR. Have not so much time to get it re-assembled...
2008 with VERY little miles. We have them out back at work for the "way out ride". Thing is in great condition. I'd of course pull it all apart and change out the seals and clean everything up though still. Its lived a hard life only being ridden a couple times. It hasn't been registered for a few years though now since the new sleds came out.

By the way, this is factory direct and all the "issues" they had have been resolved with these sleds.

Oh my, part of me wants to do it, part of me is scared just looking. 

Had to go Ronnie Coleman a few times but by-god I finished every set. Had a mess of fried chicken and mashed potatoes afterwards.

Yesterday was not a good day in the gym for me. Heck, yesterday wasn't all that great. From the office straight to the gym, got home, barely had time to eat, went to the neighbors to help lift something with the backhoe, off to the hospital since dad had surgery that morning, back home to fix the window on the Miata. 

Good thing the weather was nice and I went for a long night drive around town, top-down, after all a hectic day. 

And school-time this afternoon. Pretty useless HTML/PHP lab, nothing new, at least we'll get to play some Red Alert 2. 

Here's why I am asking; I had PRK about 4 years ago, and it feels like my eyes aren't focusing quite as well as they should anymore, especially at dusk or in the dark.Also seems like my eyes feel dry a little more often than they have in the past. Wondering if dry eye would effect my vision, and how to increase tear production.J

Less TV & Computer, more time outside.

I sleep thru a good chunk of the day light.

J

A US-funded project to build a hospital in Afghanistan paid $500 a gallon for fuel instead of a market rate of $5, a watchdog said Wednesday in a damning report into overspending and waste.

The Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction (SIGAR) said that construction of the 100-bed hospital in Gardez, Paktiya province, was 23 months behind schedule.

It accused USAID’s implementing partner, the International Organization for Migration (IOM), of “weak internal controls” that led to overpayments of at least $507,000.

“IOM paid the contractor $300,000 for 600 gallons of diesel fuel — a cost of $500 per gallon. According to IOM officials, the market price in Afghanistan for diesel fuel should not exceed $5.00 per gallon,” the SIGAR report said.

“IOM (also) paid $220,000 for an automatic temperature control device that should have cost between $2,000 and $10,000.

“IOM could not provide us with a vendor invoice for either of these payments,” it added. “USAID did not discover the overpayments and reimbursed IOM for these unwarranted costs.”

SIGAR, which has issued a string of highly critical assessments of US reconstruction projects in Afghanistan, recommended that USAID should seek to recover the cash from IOM.

USAID issued a statement saying that it was conducting an audit into the project, and would “take swift action to address any problems and recover funds” if the allegations were proved to be true.

Richard Danziger, IOM’s chief of mission for Afghanistan, said it denied any overpayments and expected to be cleared by the USAID review.

“We will cooperate with the audit and are confident that any allegations will be proved to be incorrect,” Danziger told AFP, adding that the delays in construction were due to the hostile environment in Gardez.

The SIGAR report will raise further worries about wastage of the billions of dollars of international aid spent in a country that is set to rely on donor funding for years as it battles a resilient Taliban insurgency.

In July, SIGAR criticised USAID for spending nearly $50 million on programmes which had failed to strengthen Afghan local government or improve stability,

It has also said the US was not properly monitoring a programme to train judges and lawyers, and was spending $771 million on aircraft for Afghanistan in a project that was at risk in part due to a lack of literate recruits.

FUCK. My well pump shit the bed this am. Truck coming to yank it right now. Pulling nearly 15amps and it is only a 1hp...

FUCK. My well pump shit the bed this am. Truck coming to yank it right now. Pulling nearly 15amps and it is only a 1hp...

Penis pump?

How deep?

Did you get a blanket this morning? We got about an inch.

200'

That seems kinda deep considering how close you are to water.