Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

The only thing I can do better than sell is help lead others to selling better.

My 18-135 is ok..... But I'm tempted to just get a 50ish fast prime and the 70-200.

A wide faster zoom would be cool too, but I'm cheep and for wide shots I don't need as much speed or DOF....

I have a tamron 28-200 (very old lense) but I'll probably be switching it out for a Tamron 18-270 for a great daily lense.

I have an 18-270 and have to bring it to asia since I broke my 17-55. Fuckin' bummed the 18-270 is awful.

From tamron? That's supposedly a great all-arounder.

Great all arounder doesn't exist

Fucking truth. I'm beginning to wish I was a better photographer, with steady hands. This shit would be cheeper.

:)

Edited by dem beats

Sean... This is a good fast bit of info on how a longer focal length can help take more flattering portraits.

I'm going to see if I can find the one with a model at the same scale in the frame but different focal lengths. It's crazy how the telephoto helps to make more flattering shots.

http://learnmyshot.com/telephoto-lens-perspective-compression-and-the-angle-of-view/

The only thing I can do better than sell is help lead others to selling better.

That is a skill that is not easy to have, I hope the bring you up to train soon.

J

Started looking for a new job closer to home. Turns out a business down the road needs a purchasing agent/negotiator. Might be time to re-do my resume and send it in.

Could be a ticket to making more money and spending less on going back and forth to work.

J

On a more serious note, I need a fucking break from this bad streak in dating. 

Enough of being a whiny little bitch, moving on to other women. 

Gramps passed away this morning.

RIP :(

Anyone like any particular high vibration crimp connectors?

Stupid sled has disconnects way up on the handlebar, when IMO there should be a big or couple plugs in the console instead. May just hardwire though as I don't care if a replace means rewire.

Errm, do weatherpacks fit ?

Stupid sled has disconnects way up on the handlebar, when IMO there should be a big or couple plugs in the console instead. May just hardwire though as I don't care if a replace means rewire.

I'm with Adrian.  My thought is they put weatherpacks on commercial vehicles, and I've never had one vibrate open but I've sure seen crimps fail.  But some quality non china crimp connectors wrapped in 3m electrical tape should suffice as well.  

Sean... This is a good fast bit of info on how a longer focal length can help take more flattering portraits.

I'm going to see if I can find the one with a model at the same scale in the frame but different focal lengths. It's crazy how the telephoto helps to make more flattering shots.

http://learnmyshot.com/telephoto-lens-perspective-compression-and-the-angle-of-view/

Ah, that I am aware of and use as much as I can. My problem is even with the 50 I end up with cropped head shots as I can't get shit for the person in it. That is my problem with the length. I also feel like the 17-55 takes as good of pictures. You lose a step, but that is about it.

I had planned on using some if I NEED to add quick releases anywhere. Do they make single crimp connectors? I have always soldered but high heat and high vibe I've read on snow forums can fail.

I generally prefer solder though as there are no questions. After using a cheap crimped years ago I question even good crimps. Figure using uninsulated ones wouuld be better too. Obviously I will insulate myself.

Sean and Matt I have been on the fence about my lens. I currently use 18-55 3.5 SAM that came with my camera. I am looking at these three and want you opinions on which you guys think. I hope to be going to a camera store in November and have checked out B&H for their opinions.

http://store.sony.com/gsi/webstore/WFS/SNYNA-SNYUS-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewProductCompareService-Show?CategoryID=3rQKmUBw5qcAAAFAcpEihoTf

Damn you guys for getting this back in my head!!!

I generally prefer solder though as there are no questions. After using a cheap crimped years ago I question even good crimps. Figure using uninsulated ones wouuld be better too. Obviously I will insulate myself.

If you are using quality crimpers and connectors, you won't have an issue.

When I did GE work, we had to buy $1400 crimpers and have them calibrated every 3 months for seismic ratings. We attended months of schooling just on the science of proper wire cutting, stripping, crimping, and insulating techniques.

A clean fast is better than a dirty breakfast. HetExtefTem

Gramps passed away this morning.

Oh no!!! :(