Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

My current play is a Sony ES S1700 which is the best technolgy Sony put in a ble ray player. The Oppo is just a step up in picture converting performance. I am not a theater buff, but you know how it is. Always something you want.

I want Macintosh amps you know I know it won't make a difference. But by God do I want those beautiful sons of bitches.

So do I Matt. I love Mac power!

Mac, crown, anthem, and emotiva are my top 4.

Forgot audio research.

Nice made in your state.

I just love the blue eyes and power meters on those. Just something about it.

Unless you want SACD or ballanced output.... Not a good deal to me.

SACD? I love the format, but good luck finding anything in SACD anymore. Surround sound music is dead.

FWIW the most amazing music I have is Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon on SACD. By far the most impressive music I have ever heard. But it is still a dead format.

what do you feel is the difference between a ps3 and a different Blu ray player?

I've had them side by side and can find a serious difference.now I do believe in getting the best of the best when you can, but I feel that this might be a little bit of snake oil. The picture may look slightly different from one to the next when using raw files / data sent from to the viewing device, but if you're using a receiver then the entire process is moot. Modern receivers will handle any and all post-processing you might need.

If you are inquiring the difference, no offense, but you don't need to sweat the difference between quality video and shit video. Even a mid level Blu Ray is worlds better then a PS#

My current play is a Sony ES S1700 which is the best technolgy Sony put in a ble ray player. The Oppo is just a step up in picture converting performance. I am not a theater buff, but you know how it is. Always something you want.

I want Macintosh amps you know I know it won't make a difference. But by God do I want those beautiful sons of bitches.

Seriously? Mackys are amazingly smooth.

Mac, crown, anthem, and emotiva are my top 4.

I fucking love an Anthem Statement D2 with some Butlers. Un-fucking-real. One of the nicest 7.1s I have ever heard was a D2,  and 4 2250s with Tidal Pianos and a custom IB sub set up.

I was offered a killer deal on an MRX-710, but I chickened out as the wife gave me that look...

Seth that is a killer Pre Pro!

Seth that is a killer Pre Pro!

I got to install it with a 90 inch projection unit. I built some cabinets around the screen, but otherwise it was cut and dried. The Tidals are fucking amazing. I have never heard anything like them.

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/tidal/piano.html

His were in crotch mahogany like such:

rmaf08_020.jpg

Very nice!

Seriously though, the cables aren't on risers.  It won't be to its full potential....

Looks like a setup at RMAF.

That was not the exact set up. I never photograph my customers' systems.

FWIW that looks like a Krell mono in that set up. I heard a Krell in Atlanta but have NEVER installed a quarter million dollar amp.

Forgot I got a pic of one of these.

DSC02120.jpg

Seriously though, the cables aren't on risers. It won't be to its full potential....

Needs magic pebbles

Looks like a setup at RMAF.

read urls much?

Seth, can you link something that shows a difference in the picture from a PS3 and a BRD player? I just want to see the difference recorded on a screen shot from the same machine. With both of them set to no upscaling or processing.

I haven't ever seen a difference. My "fancy" aquous BRD player doesn't make a difference. Marantz either.

Seriously though, the cables aren't on risers. It won't be to its full potential....

Needs magic pebbles

I don't get that shit. I have seen guys with their cables on spiked feet and shit...  Seriously?

I did one guy's system with  spikes on his components... he said "Holy shit, there is no jitter since we put those feet on!!!" Riiiigggghhhttt. Granted, it sounded amazing, but the feet made it sound no different.

Seth, can you link something that shows a difference in the picture from a PS3 and a BRD player? I just want to see the difference recorded on a screen shot from the same machine. With both of them set to no upscaling or processing.

I haven't ever seen a difference. My "fancy" aquous BRD player doesn't make a difference. Marantz either.

Screenshots will not show much difference. You will see dithering, blur, and most importantly, you will hear a difference. These are typically motion issues, as they will all be 1080P, and obviously audible issues will not resolve with a still ;)

I ordered a budda ball and a halo system.