Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Drove some cars today

What was on today's menu?
In the last 36 hours:

BMW 750i MSport, Audi A8 TDI & 4.0TFSI, Jaguar XF & XJ S/C, MB S550 & C300 (lol), Hyundai Equus, Cadillac CTS & XTS Vsport, Infiniti FX50s & Q56, BMW X6 & X6 5.0, Jeep GC SRT8, Lexus LS460 F Sport, and I feel like I am leaving one out.

Contemplating leasing the FX50s and driving it for 6 months while I figure out what I want and then giving it to the wife.

Trying to decide if I can step back to a non-Turbo Porsche and get a newer one. Also much prefer the 2014 SRT8. I meant to stop in a drive the 300c SRT8 as well, but it was in Northfield so I avoided the drive. Not really interested, but bang for the buck it seems to be a value. Also, tried to drive a Chevy SS, but finding one in town isn't so easy atm.

Same with the new Range Rover Sport. 6 months before one of those is free

Was offered to drive the GTR...but with the tires on it and freezing weather that'd be an exercise in not going anywhere.

Plus I'd rather wait and drive the Sting Ray and it back to back

Almost drove the Quatroporte, but the interior is so bad on the older ones although fucking gorgeous on the new ones.

Had a weird day dream too. Bought a Bentley Continental with a blown motor and put an LS in it.

But it is hard to pay $40k for a car and throw the drive train away. I do imagine I could sell it for more than what would replace it though

Gut the Bentley and turn it into 60's technology with a modern power plant and android entertainment system.

but then I'd want awd and a hitch to really fuck with people

The interior's are SO gorgeous in those

This could be easily modernized with some leather wrapping on the dash and a little glass in the console.

BMW-840-Ci4.jpg

And this is sexy as it is:

bmw-840-12.jpg

Add some mundane truck for the days when it is needed and I might be okay. Pretty sure the wife won't be driving that.

You are worse than a woman shoe shopping.  I find it humorous how you complain about crappy interior vehicles but enjoy the Chrysler offerings which have THE worst interiors I've ever seen.

This could be easily modernized with some leather wrapping on the dash and a little glass in the console.

BMW-840-Ci4.jpg

And this is sexy as it is:

bmw-840-12.jpg

Looks like a mid 90s eclipse GSI... Not sexy in the least IMO.

You are worse than a woman shoe shopping.  I find it humorous how you complain about crappy interior vehicles but enjoy the Chrysler offerings which have THE worst interiors I've ever seen.

If Chrysler had nice interiors I wouldn't be car shopping atm.

And it's a BMW. I would much rather plant my ass in an AMG then the unreliable BMW line-up... and you know how I feel about MB, so that isn't saying much.

I put a rack in a 2013 M3 today with a bunch of work done to it. All Alpina shit, suspension, exhaust, intake, etc... Meh.

The interior needs work. Exterior and Eclipse I find funny, but perhaps different views of the sexiness

BMW_850_CSI.jpg

1997_bmw_8_series_850ci-pic-15122.jpeg

e31.jpg

Even riced out they look good

1999-bmw-850csi.png

3187988175_5d95de42e6_z.jpg?zz=1

Better interior shot too, much easier to imagine the fixes here

1996_bmw_8_series_850csi-pic-50361071447

You are worse than a woman shoe shopping.

I got too caught up on the rest. I shop for everything like this. Just so happens with cars you can drive whatever you want whenever you want. Figure everything that is comfy for me I should try.

Actually the most surprised by the XTS Vsport. When the XTS-V comes out I want one.