Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

At this point, there seems to be almost no options out there that I could be comfortable with that would be reliable on a daily basis with a heavy heavy dose of performance that is offered in a manual and AWD/RWD, which is not overladen with intrusive electronic ninnies, cheapo crap interior, while having some semblance of utility.  

A used Turbo Cayenne would fit that bill, be had for 30k and be reliable for years. My friend has had 3 of them and never an issue with any of them.
That was originally my plan, but I am pretty sure I'll find the issue.

At this point, there seems to be almost no options out there that I could be comfortable with that would be reliable on a daily basis with a heavy heavy dose of performance that is offered in a manual and AWD/RWD, which is not overladen with intrusive electronic ninnies, cheapo crap interior, while having some semblance of utility.  

A used Turbo Cayenne would fit that bill, be had for 30k and be reliable for years. My friend has had 3 of them and never an issue with any of them.

I should have said sedan, wagen, or coupe.  I have no need for an SUV, and for the most part my mothers Mounty is always there if I need it.  Love that electric front defrost. ;)

Somewhere in the 10mi of cabling running through them

There are a ton if you don't add the word reasonably priced. Ok, the manual portion is a stretch but really once you break into the serious performance realm the new 8spd auto's work out better anyway.

Certified AMG worked out for me...but doing that to a newer one is ultra cost prohibitive making me way the gamble of non-warrantied which is making me run away.

Agreed, but I still prefer to row the gears myself.  I think I have come to realize, I prefer a more moderately priced car that I can tinker on and work it to my liking that will have less insurance costs and less repair costs.

Insurance costs change that much?

Silverado was $550/yr

AMG is $750/yr

No brainer there...

As for the repair, well it isn't about the price of the car to me at all. I'd always rather have cheaper, but I have a right foot to make happy and that isn't particularly easy.

To be fair, the Gallardo was going to cost me $2800/yr

My luck has been shit lately.

Got a 88 in a 55 ticket two weeks ago, then last week got a 60 in a 45, no seatbelt, no registration and had to pass a sobriety test after having several beers at Olive Garden. Damn........................   Just thinking of that 4 hour on line driving class I have to take now

I know this is way the fuck out there, but maybe try slowing down...

Seriously can't believe I ever bought that piece of shit Silverado.

And amusingly over nearly the same amount of miles it was MORE expensive to repair than the AMG.

...not including service items in which case it'd be a wash

Silverado was $550/yr

AMG is $750/yr

No brainer there...

As for the repair, well it isn't about the price of the car to me at all. I'd always rather have cheaper, but I have a right foot to make happy and that isn't particularly easy.

Here, with no speeding tickets in a good while, and only a repair ticket for a tag light being out, insurance for the Mazda's is $1320/6mo.

Silverado was $550/yr

AMG is $750/yr

No brainer there...

Here, with no speeding tickets in a good while, and only a repair ticket for a tag light being out, insurance for the Mazda's is $1320/6mo.
Seriously? For what amount of coverage? That is horseshit.

The prices I quoted include carrying $1M/$2M and not the defacto 100/300.

Hell, for the AMG, XC90, 2 snowmobiles, snow trailer, my boat (which includes full mechanical failure coverage) it isn't even $2500/yr

Silverado was $550/yr

AMG is $750/yr

No brainer there...

Seriously? For what amount of coverage? That is horseshit.

No shit. That is 2 years coverage for all my vehicles combined.

Of course, I will be 40 this year too. Holy fuck!

Not to mention that I also have a $4M umbrella on the whole works

I know that the day I do something stupid, I'll wipe out the neighbors Maybach. Figure I better cover for that.

And amusingly over nearly the same amount of miles it was MORE expensive to repair than the AMG.

You spent more than $5K on a Silverado? Color me doubtful. Even doing the worst case scenario cam/lifter failure it is still 1/2 that.

The spammers are almost coming faster than I can remove them. For some reason they all drive an Exige

You spent more than $5K on a Silverado? Color me doubtful. Even doing the worst case scenario cam/lifter failure it is still 1/2 that.

Over 80k miles, way more. No Cam/lifter failure either.

I didn't even fix the things I normally would either as it was the "beater"

Per mile that was the most expensive car I've ever owned.*

*gas mileage excluded since I never pay attention to it and I don't pay for my own gas

My luck has been shit lately.

Got a 88 in a 55 ticket two weeks ago, then last week got a 60 in a 45, no seatbelt, no registration and had to pass a sobriety test after having several beers at Olive Garden. Damn........................   Just thinking of that 4 hour on line driving class I have to take now

I know this is way the fuck out there, but maybe try slowing down...

lmao,...... After not having a single ticket or even being pulled over at all in the last 10 years I guess made me take it for granted. My other cars have all had nice radar/laser detectors. I need to grab a Valentine One for my car. I am not generally a fast driver or asshole behind the wheel, just wrong timing and bad luck on my part.

The 88 was at 5am, dark outside and the interstate was basically empty. Im just glad I wasnt doing 100+

I'm watching Sharknado.

Are you also going to watch Spacenado, Stonenado, and Icenado to go with it?

Nope. Slothcano

There are a ton if you don't add the word reasonably priced. Ok, the manual portion is a stretch but really once you break into the serious performance realm the new 8spd auto's work out better anyway.

Certified AMG worked out for me...but doing that to a newer one is ultra cost prohibitive making me way the gamble of non-warrantied which is making me run away.

Agreed, but I still prefer to row the gears myself. I think I have come to realize, I prefer a more moderately priced car that I can tinker on and work it to my liking that will have less insurance costs and less repair costs.

Chilli pepper GTS. That was FUN to drive.

Maybe that is what I need.

Of course, I will be 40 this year too. Holy fuck!

I'll get the hookers ready...

Edited by dem beats