Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Sean did you send this snow my way?

No, I'd rather have it HERE. How is it that Minnesnowta never gets snow and you guys do?

Of course, considering my sled is ALL over my garage atm I could use some more time.

unfortunately the Sundown comps leave ALOT to be desired

Not the first time I've heard that, sorry man.
Can't say that I am surprised. Engineering is normally required to make the front stage sound good.

unfortunately the Sundown comps leave ALOT to be desired

Not the first time I've heard that, sorry man.
Can't say that I am surprised. Engineering is normally required to make the front stage sound good.

Or go to the spammer's profile and from the "Warn member" page you can ban them

Warn Member page?

No, I'd rather have it HERE. How is it that Minnesnowta never gets snow and you guys do?

Of course, considering my sled is ALL over my garage atm I could use some more time.

If it makes you feel better, I will go out and throw snowballs your way. ;)

Today is a record day of spam for SSA.  Been on top of it most of the day.

I raped, I mean flagged a ton as well. I would do more than just a flag if there were an option.

Top right of the forum window is the Admin CP. Open it in a new window or new tab. Search the member name and on the top of that screen you will see "Ban Options". Click that tab,check all the boxes (be sure to move the user to the ban list) and click save.

Lord, we need Admin training lol

Today is a record day of spam for SSA.  Been on top of it most of the day.

I raped, I mean flagged a ton as well. I would do more than just a flag if there were an option.

Top right of the forum window is the Admin CP. Open it in a new window or new tab. Search the member name and on the top of that screen you will see "Ban Options". Click that tab,check all the boxes (be sure to move the user to the ban list) and click save.

Lord, we need Admin training lol

UGH I am about to bang my head on my desk!  Why is it that evenryone else around you seems like idiots sometimes??  I have to micro manage some parts orders through one vendor, cuz their system doesn't jive with ours for PO issuance...but it always ges more complicated than it needs to be!  GET ON MY LEVEL PEOPLE!!! LOL

Just needed to vent that somewhere.

Guest szykbticka

:)

Edited by Aaron Clinton

there you go M5...practice opertunity.

I am really glad I went to their store. I have tried them before and no one told me they come in such wide fits and so many styles.

Now I just need to find a shirt/suit guy and I am set.

Went to the new Hubert White store, cool shop, but I might just try brooks brothers. The price there is pretty good. Or try the really little local tailor. Maybe buy shirts from both and then whoever wins gets my business. Every Fucking shirt is made in new jersey anyway if it's made in the US. Or it costs $500

The local guy I used went out of business. Brooks quality is meh, Hubert is a joke. Need to find someone that hires out, but to like Canada. Material is the critical factor in a shirt. Custom made in town you should get 6 for $700....in Singapore that would be 15-16 shirts.

Meh quality is still better than off the rack for me. But thanks for the heads up.

I have called just about every tailor and only 2 make them outside of Jersey, as in locally, and that's Johns tailors in Roseville and Heimes, and both normally send their made to measure jobs to Jersey, butoccasionally do some locally.

Today is a record day of spam for SSA. Been on top of it most of the day.

Need to add a catipa or whatever the funky little word needed to type in to become a member and add a question like "what's 1 + 1" in order to become a member.

These are humans posting now.  Little different.  Only thing to truly stop them is to do admin approval.

Today is a record day of spam for SSA. Been on top of it most of the day.

Need to add a catipa or whatever the funky little word needed to type in to become a member and add a question like "what's 1 + 1" in order to become a member.

That wont stop it but will surely slow it down.

We have both of those already IIRC.

Ok, so my buddy is going to Italy for his wedding. He wants a camera, but a DSLR is definitely not him. He is also planning on buying a separate video camera. It's silly IMHO, but he will never deal with lenses.

What would you guys recommend off the cuff for P&S and why?

I'm researching for him and wondered if you guys had any initial comments.

If he wants small, the Sony RX1xx fits the bill I think......

I haven't played with one though.

Maybe the Canon Gxxx will be better though. It's a little bigger. The Sony looks so small it would be hard to hold.

Ok, so my buddy is going to Italy for his wedding. He wants a camera, but a DSLR is definitely not him. He is also planning on buying a separate video camera. It's silly IMHO, but he will never deal with lenses.

I have a Nikon s9400. Great compact P&S, deals with low light and motion blur pretty well, SD card, rechargeable, long battery life. I bought it specifically for pics in museums where you are not allowed to use flash; particularly The Vatican. I got gorgeous shots of the Sistine Chapel while hiding it from the guards in the room. It does very well for everything from macro to wide angle landscape shots. Aside from the proprietary charging/usb cable I have no complaints

Just took my parents tv shopping.

Sad to see passive 3D is the thing. :(

Maybe the Canon Gxxx will be better though. It's a little bigger. The Sony looks so small it would be hard to hold.

the most recent g is miles behind my old 450d with th 18-270 on it

Sean, for a permaban: 

Go to the user's profile

Above "Overview" (on the left) it says "0 warning points". Click "0 warning points", on the next page click "Warn Member" on the right

Select reason for punishment

Click "Change punishment" (button appears only after you select the reason)

Then select all 4 boxes and click Warn or Apply to confirm.

I have a Nikon s9400. Great compact P&S, deals with low light and motion blur pretty well, SD card, rechargeable, long battery life. I bought it specifically for pics in museums where you are not allowed to use flash; particularly The Vatican. I got gorgeous shots of the Sistine Chapel while hiding it from the guards in the room. It does very well for everything from macro to wide angle landscape shots. Aside from the proprietary charging/usb cable I have no complaints

Super helpful!

Thanks!