Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

coffe = espresso for that poast.

No drip for this guy.... at least usually. Good catch.

You will be quite pleased then.

in a hurry last weekend I left my Cyber Q outside. actually I was drunk and forgot... well it rained and its toast.

Maybe it was a t5i, it was comparable pricing to when my 54 was new

Check this, pick some uber camera like an M9 or 5diii for the primary camera and then pick the alpha 77 vs the t5i. I tried to preset it for you, but sometimes the link doesn't carry my choices when you go to the URL. Better ISO, better edges, etc, you can see for yourself. Colors are different, but neither is "wrong".

The video on the Canon... years better if you want to get something done. That new sensor on the 70D is just damn amazing for a crop too. Like pew pew Murica kinda awesome. Like a new Raptor VS a biplane kinda crazy.

What is amusing is I think... don't quote me... Nikon uses Sony sensors, and Nikon does a better job of it than sony does. LAWLZ.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/studiocompare.asp#baseDir=%2Freviews_data&cameraDataSubdir=boxshot&indexFileName=boxshotindex.xml&presetsFileName=boxshotpresets.xml&showDescriptions=false&headerTitle=Studio%20scene&headerSubTitle=Standard%20studio%20scene%20comparison&masterCamera=leica_m9&masterSample=l1000755&slotsCount=4&slot0Camera=leica_m9&slot0Sample=l1000755&slot0DisableCameraSelection=true&slot0DisableSampleSelection=true&slot0LinkWithMaster=true&slot1Camera=canon_eos700d&slot1Sample=img_0781&slot2Camera=sony_slta77&slot2Sample=dsc02754&x=0&y=0

Again, if you like Sony, you just do. But it does nueter your capabilities in the actual ability to get the image. Learning a new UI and button lay out sucks of course though.

They use a lower quality Sony sensor but the software is slightly better

in a hurry last weekend I left my Cyber Q outside. actually I was drunk and forgot... well it rained and its toast.

bummer

I'm a dirty whore spammer.  

Edited by topgun

You will be quite pleased then.

Tits

I think he just enjoys tormenting himself.

I am a sadistic fuck

Hey to all my camera guys. My wife found the Nikon COOLPIX L820 at Target and loves the damn thing. Are there any better options at around $140-200 that would be a better option? I know nearly nothing about cameras.

I wish I could help more. I like Sony for cheep P&S if you don't want to learn about photography.

Usually look sexy and have some cool practical benefits.

My first digital cam was a Sony 3.xx megapixel camera that I bough forever ago and it took better pictures than a lot of newer ones that I've used. I'll probably buy a Sony to replace this POS.
Im selling my a55.. tongue.png
I'd call that a P&S

I'm in the 140-200 range, wife wants to be able to take pics when the baby is born. Which is anytime now lol. She does want a full size body though. Something that fits in the hand like the L820

P&S is FUCKING TERRIBLE for that. Get ready to see all sorts of facial expressions you adore and capture none of them. If that is truly your goal, buying a used SLR you must.

70D is like what what amazing.

5Diii is the camera that all others want to be, unless you are the 1DX. :pops a boner:

Digging my 70d A LOT

The new 70-200 IS ii from Canon may be the clearest best working zoom lens made. It's being held up as high as the non IS previous versions.

Now that I plan on traveling I will want to take landscape photos.... So I will need a wide. That is my only concern.

Tokina 11-16 2.8, no IS but it is sharp and sweet. All the Scandihoovia pics I shot with it.

I would like to go to Grece I think and see the beautiful water there. Maybe Paris, but aside from the obvious reasons of the Eiffel and Arch and maybe food I had heard it isn't too much fun.

Want to go to London too, but not sure why.

smile.png

Been to Greece and Paris. Greece was cool. Paris? Not so much. The Louvre was cool. Otherwise, not so much. The French are fucking assholes.

That was a long time ago wasn't it?

I'm in the 140-200 range, wife wants to be able to take pics when the baby is born. Which is anytime now lol. She does want a full size body though. Something that fits in the hand like the L820

P&S is FUCKING TERRIBLE for that. Get ready to see all sorts of facial expressions you adore and capture none of them. If that is truly your goal, buying a used SLR you must.

Are there many used dslr's for $150? Give me a better option in my budget if there is one. We're trying to buy something new. Photography is not high on the list of importance in our house.

Also, Italy is great but no city requires more than a couple days. Rome perhaps 3. Paris could easily be a week.

You're crazy. The first time I went to Italy we did 3 days in Florence, a day in Pisa, half a day in Lucca, and 4 days in Rome. We didn't see nearly all we wanted to see in Rome, or Florence. The next time we went, we did 8 days in Rome. Again, not enough.

Pisa is a half a day, as is Lucca. Rome and Florence require a lot more.

Pisa you should skip, it's fucking awful.

I would like to go to Grece I think and see the beautiful water there. Maybe Paris, but aside from the obvious reasons of the Eiffel and Arch and maybe food I had heard it isn't too much fun.Want to go to London too, but not sure why.smile.png

Interesting. Paris is absolutely my favorite city in the world. So much to see and do and EAT
I may feel different after going there. I just figured I wouldn't like all the American hating frenchies.Freedom fries god Damnit!
Surprisingly I felt more of that in Italy than France. I also enjoyed my time in France more than Italy which I wasn't expecting.
Generally speaking the food in Italy is horseshit unless you seriously pay for it. Garbage fast food is awesome in France.
I thought I would be in salume heaven.
The meats anywhere I had them in Europe were superior to almost anything you can get here, and the cheeses!
You obviously live in not a food meca. Of course it is South. My opinion is the opposite.

I'll disagree again here. Yeah, good food is expensive in Italy if you eat in the wrong places, and if you eat in mainstream locations it is fair at best. The best food is in out of the way hole in the wall joints... and the food is cheaper there as well.

I know how to pick restaurants. That wasn't the problem.

Of course it gets better the closer you get to Sicily.

We will be in Rome for the wedding it sounds like.
Rome is a cool city.
I imagine it to be vespas, lemoncello, hot chicks, asshole young guys, some old buildings tok, and maybe some mafia old dudes.

Yes, yes, yes, yes, no, and tons of cheesy fucking street vendors and people trying to give your wife roses... for 10 euro apiece. I love Rome, but it is hard to look past the trash there. Lots of graffiti, and asshole french tourists.

And hopefully lots of coffee.

Nope. But cappuccino is aplenty. Even McDonalds serves cappuccino instead of coffee.

Tip: don't sit down to eat if a bar is offered. If you eat at the bar, standing, it is cheapest, sit indoors it is more expensive, sit outdoors it is pricey.

Oh, and don't tip. It is offensive.

When he said coffee he meant cappuccino...of course Italians won't drink a cap after 10am or so. Then straight espresso. In that they are right.

Are there many used dslr's for $150? Give me a better option in my budget if there is one. We're trying to buy something new. Photography is not high on the list of importance in our house.
A $150 camera might as well be your cell phone

That is the 2008 at Gates Ryan. 73k mi for $33k. Best deal on the internet in P-trucks atm

Classic tale of two owners. First owner into Porsche all the time to check stuff, second owner NO service records.

http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?partner=DFI_0&vin=WP1AC29P08LA92422

That doesn't mean squat to me.  What if they had it serviced at an independent place?  They don't report to carfax.  Also, look at the tires and alignments on owner 1.  Something is wrong with that truck.

That is the 2008 at Gates Ryan. 73k mi for $33k. Best deal on the internet in P-trucks atm

I can check it out for you if you need.

What's a cyber Q

smoker stoker

Hey to all my camera guys. My wife found the Nikon COOLPIX L820 at Target and loves the damn thing. Are there any better options at around $140-200 that would be a better option? I know nearly nothing about cameras.

I wish I could help more. I like Sony for cheep P&S if you don't want to learn about photography.

Usually look sexy and have some cool practical benefits.

My first digital cam was a Sony 3.xx megapixel camera that I bough forever ago and it took better pictures than a lot of newer ones that I've used. I'll probably buy a Sony to replace this POS.

Im selling my a55.. tongue.png

I'd call that a P&S

I wouldn't call it a P&S, but it is definitely small enough to be considered one. it has the features of a full sized DSLR, but is nice and compact and takes excellent pictures IMO for the price.