Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I would like to go to Grece I think and see the beautiful water there. Maybe Paris, but aside from the obvious reasons of the Eiffel and Arch and maybe food I had heard it isn't too much fun.

Want to go to London too, but not sure why.

smile.png

Been to Greece and Paris. Greece was cool. Paris? Not so much. The Louvre was cool. Otherwise, not so much. The French are fucking assholes.

That was a long time ago wasn't it?

Which trip? All within the last 15 years.

Classic tale of two owners. First owner into Porsche all the time to check stuff, second owner NO service records.

http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?partner=DFI_0&vin=WP1AC29P08LA92422

That doesn't mean squat to me.  What if they had it serviced at an independent place?  They don't report to carfax.  Also, look at the tires and alignments on owner 1.  Something is wrong with that truck.

tires were changed on 11th and 3rd month.  maybe just swapping out winter tires?

Also, Italy is great but no city requires more than a couple days. Rome perhaps 3. Paris could easily be a week.

You're crazy. The first time I went to Italy we did 3 days in Florence, a day in Pisa, half a day in Lucca, and 4 days in Rome. We didn't see nearly all we wanted to see in Rome, or Florence. The next time we went, we did 8 days in Rome. Again, not enough.

Pisa is a half a day, as is Lucca. Rome and Florence require a lot more.

Pisa you should skip, it's fucking awful.

Once you see the tower and duomo it is nothing.

Classic tale of two owners. First owner into Porsche all the time to check stuff, second owner NO service records.

http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?partner=DFI_0&vin=WP1AC29P08LA92422

That doesn't mean squat to me.  What if they had it serviced at an independent place?  They don't report to carfax.  Also, look at the tires and alignments on owner 1.  Something is wrong with that truck.

tires were changed on 11th and 3rd month.  maybe just swapping out winter tires?

5492 miles-one tire changed

19342 miles-tires changed, four wheel alignment.

21522 miles-tires changed, four wheel alignment.

34418 miles-tires changed

I realize that an independent won't, but high miles one year and a flip smells to me. Doesn't help that owner 1 had some issues.

That is the 2008 at Gates Ryan. 73k mi for $33k. Best deal on the internet in P-trucks atm

I can check it out for you if you need.
Contemplating it. It is the sort of car though that an extra $5k up front may buy you more than that later. I want a pristine one.

Hey to all my camera guys. My wife found the Nikon COOLPIX L820 at Target and loves the damn thing. Are there any better options at around $140-200 that would be a better option? I know nearly nothing about cameras.

I wish I could help more. I like Sony for cheep P&S if you don't want to learn about photography.

Usually look sexy and have some cool practical benefits.

My first digital cam was a Sony 3.xx megapixel camera that I bough forever ago and it took better pictures than a lot of newer ones that I've used. I'll probably buy a Sony to replace this POS.
Im selling my a55.. tongue.png
I'd call that a P&S
I wouldn't call it a P&S, but it is definitely small enough to be considered one. it has the features of a full sized DSLR, but is nice and compact and takes excellent pictures IMO for the price.
Umm, he wants P&S and to shoot a baby. Your camera does both. Don't read ANYTHING else into my statement wink.png

It was an Illinois car. I'd surely be running snows on it. Doesn't explain the alignment though. Perhaps he walloped a rim and kept thinking a balance and alignment would resolve it. P-car owners that buy new are either dumb or wealthy or both.

Especially that god awful soccer mom piece of chile

I think some of the cheep P&S POSes are worth buying.

#1 you can call it disposable, and if you ruin, wreck, or loose it, it's way cheeper than a new phone. At least my phone....

#2 they are capable of taking better pictures than a cell phone. Not a lot, but kind of.

#3 if you care about pulling it out and being ready to shoot, most are faster than your cell phone.

I also see the value, or maybe not value but beauty and charm, of something like the Leica M9. Maybe if I had a large bankroll and wanted to focus on street photography, especially of strangers, it would be worth saving for. But I am really happy carrying around my big old DSLR and a huge lens.

I take pics of people I know, so I don't mind being a bit more conspicuous.

Edited by dem beats

SLR's are big, but you use them because they are. P&S's stay in your backpack or whatever the hell and all the right moments are missed. Nothing improved my photography more than forcing myself to have a camera with in easy reach all the time.

And hand strap mixed with a black rapid strap rocks btw.

Hey to all my camera guys. My wife found the Nikon COOLPIX L820 at Target and loves the damn thing. Are there any better options at around $140-200 that would be a better option? I know nearly nothing about cameras.

I wish I could help more. I like Sony for cheep P&S if you don't want to learn about photography.

Usually look sexy and have some cool practical benefits.

My first digital cam was a Sony 3.xx megapixel camera that I bough forever ago and it took better pictures than a lot of newer ones that I've used. I'll probably buy a Sony to replace this POS.

Im selling my a55.. tongue.png

I'd call that a P&S

I wouldn't call it a P&S, but it is definitely small enough to be considered one. it has the features of a full sized DSLR, but is nice and compact and takes excellent pictures IMO for the price.

Umm, he wants P&S and to shoot a baby. Your camera does both. Don't read ANYTHING else into my statement wink.png

True B-)

SLR's are big, but you use them because they are. P&S's stay in your backpack or whatever the hell and all the right moments are missed. Nothing improved my photography more than forcing myself to have a camera with in easy reach all the time.

And hand strap mixed with a black rapid strap rocks btw.

I really want to try a black rapid strap.

What strap do you recommend?

I am going to watch some videos and see how they work.

I didn't buy the one that wraps around your shoulder since it wasn't comfortable; however, I am going to have my wife add that strap just a bit different as the rotation is annoying.

I generally do not use a shoulder strap, just a hand strap but for walking around places I love the BR.

So I drove my mom's Exploder tonight to move another snow blower home and realized, my 20-year-old Lincoln is a piece of shit.  Time for a new car.  It's funny how you can have a "nice" car and not realize how shitty it actually is.

My memory of that car must be of a higher plateau than it actually is.

Funny because I lived in one for three years. Put on around 200k in Marks

Yours wasn't 20 years old when you owned it.

I generally do not use a shoulder strap, just a hand strap but for walking around places I love the BR.

Are they sold locally?

I always have a strap on.

You tried too hard. You lost out on the sig. :P