Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

LEAVING TO THE HOSPITAL! BOUT TO HAVE A BABY MY PEOPLE!!!

Wow! You hid the pregnancy well! Hope for a healthy little one!

Congrats!

Just remember guys.. If you ever get into 3d tvs, make sure whatever you are "used to watching" on your current 2d TV, double the refresh rate for 3d.

120hz 2d = 240hz 3d.

240hz 2d = 480hz 3d.

Not doing so will half the perceived refresh rate and you will not like it.

I haven't personally watched any, but i'd always been a fan of active plasma 3d by Panasonic Viera series.

Plasmas are of the highest refresh rate of 600hz and the picture was awesome.

I am biased towards panasonic's plasmas in one specific reason.

When Pioneer shut down their TV line, many of the engineers that designed Pioneers high-end Plasma TVs went to Panasonic to resurrect the Plasma technology.

Panasonic has been booming ever since.

Of course Panasonic doesn't sell $7,000 55" tvs either but what they do sell is awesome.

Let's not forget that Panasonic was also the first to make a 150" 4000p TV.  

Of Course it's not on their website so it may have been a marketing stunt but still a unique design.

600Hz plasma is actually a gimmick, but an acceptable one for plasma TVs. A plasma screen has no refresh rate because the picture is always fluid (like old school TVs), thus it is more like an infinite refresh rate. Plasma only markets a HZ rating to give consumers looking at specs something to compare to.

As far as TVs go a plasma is the only TV to ever "wow" me.

Sean, please don't buy a TV that misses out on the full spectrum of possibilities.

At the hospital now. Wife says she wants an SSA beanie for the baby asap and for me to make sure I order my amp O.o what kind of awesome wife?!

I thought Panny stopped making plasma's as well. Not interested in a leftover anything from anywhere...

I am not today, but of course our German CFO wanted to talk to me yesterday so I worked for a good hour while cooking.

I ALMOST poured myself a mimosa this morning. Glad I don't have any orange jice otherwise I might wreck the day.

I ALMOST poured myself a mimosa this morning. Glad I don't have any orange jice otherwise I might wreck the day.

Had mimosas the last two mornings. :)

Should I get Windows 8?

And if I do, is a touchscreen necessary?

Should I get Windows 8?

I use it without a touchscreen. I don't use any of the metro screen though which basically makes it windows 7 with a new style start button. Oh, way faster feeling than 7 too. Personally I would do it, but it may piss you off as it has a new learning curve.

Should I get Windows 8?

I use it without a touchscreen. I don't use any of the metro screen though which basically makes it windows 7 with a new style start button. Oh, way faster feeling than 7 too. Personally I would do it, but it may piss you off as it has a new learning curve.

Not worried about the learning curve, just want to make sure that Windows 8 is worth it over Windows 7. I've really enjoyed windows 7.

I found the same version as my stolen laptop with a 2nd gen i7. From what I've seen the i7 is just a bit better than the 3rd gen i5s that i am looking at. It's also the only descent small laptop I can find and cost less than $470. Not sure if I want to upgrade more though lol.

I picked up a 51" Samsung plasma at SAMs club for $450 recently

70" Vizio at Costco for $1450

I buy everything at Costco.

Plasma tv's are better for action but use more power then the led and lcd tv's.

:woot:

I thought Panny stopped making plasma's as well. Not interested in a leftover anything from anywhere...

Don't believe they completely stoppped, but sammy bought up most of their production.

It is really hard to buy a junk tv anymore, most all good tech comes from 2 main company's and put in outher brands. Comes down to tv use and how much you want out of the money you are spending. Fit and function.

plasmas did have alot of heat problems.

I am a spammer that came to SSA to learn the knowledge of audio.

Edited by nem
spam