Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

i love steel

I had a set of SS pans once and threw them away the first night I used them. I burnt absolutely everything and everything stuck to them. I now use pans with a ceramic non stick and love them!

Just so you know, if you ever go to any restaurant where there is a famous chef your meal will most likely be prepared in SS. I am referring to the cooking surface only, not the pan material.

My pans are all copper but "tinned" with stainless. Stuff only sticks if I fuck up.

Most famous chefs cook food that is shit to the masses.

Seriously? I don't really agree. ALL of my friends always shit when they eat here and I've enjoyed some rather good chef's meals.

I also didn't state their sous chef's or someone else can run their kitchen. That isn't easy. Also am not implying Emerill Lagasse can even cook a chicken without ruining it. Just saying when you eat a meal cooked by a real chef there is a reason they don't use non-stick hardware.

Meh... different strokes.

I find nothing appetizing in eating sweetmeats and beef tongue.

My most versatile pan is probably my all clad 14" frying pan. I love that thing. I have 5-6 la crusset cast iron pans, and for saucepans, and dutch ovens or roasters it's all la crusset cast iron.

I grew up with the la crusset so it is both familiar and comforting. Using stainless has been a learning experience. Ruined a few meals.

What I love about the big frying pan is spatchcocking a bird searing the skin and then being able to load some vegis and herbs all in that one pan and pop it into the over to roast. A really well roasted chicken is one of the best things, and then the stock I make from the bones and leftover veg... Ermagerd

Lately I have been doing lots of 3 bone rib roasts... I should try that big pan for those.

i love steel

I had a set of SS pans once and threw them away the first night I used them. I burnt absolutely everything and everything stuck to them. I now use pans with a ceramic non stick and love them!

Just so you know, if you ever go to any restaurant where there is a famous chef your meal will most likely be prepared in SS. I am referring to the cooking surface only, not the pan material.

My pans are all copper but "tinned" with stainless. Stuff only sticks if I fuck up.

Seriously? I don't really agree. ALL of my friends always shit when they eat here and I've enjoyed some rather good chef's meals.

I also didn't state their sous chef's or someone else can run their kitchen. That isn't easy. Also am not implying Emerill Lagasse can even cook a chicken without ruining it. Just saying when you eat a meal cooked by a real chef there is a reason they don't use non-stick hardware.

I had braised lengua and it was ok I didn't like the texture although. Tasted good too.

Finally dilating. No C Section. Thank goodness. Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers. Let's do this!

Finally dilating. No C Section. Thank goodness. Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers. Let's do this!

Home stretch!

Happy everything calmed down.

anybody else smoke their turkey?

we did. It is amazing. just the right amount of smoke flavor. very juicy.

What if you tried something and it was yummy. Do you care what it is?

Of course eating a rat isn't appetizing sounding. Society has soured that as an option. On the other hand if it was the best tasting thing in the world I'd eat it. Pigeon is a pretty good example. It's fucking great, but it is the rat of the bird world.

I've had tongue you wouldn't know was tongue. Did it taste like steak? Fuck no, but it was awesome. Soft, buttery, and tons of flavor. First two adjectives I doubt you ever thought of with tongue. I sure the hell hadn't before. Took quite a chef to do that.

For me the exotic is only an exercise in reading or thinking. Trying to determine what someone did to make anything better tasting is a skill I surely want. No matter the ingredient I could care less as long as it is scrumptious.

I've heard that smoking cigs damages your taste buds or inhibits them. So if you can't taste a difference then I see his point. 

I have a similar problem with taste and smell due to allergies. 

I've heard that smoking cigs damages your taste buds or inhibits them. So if you can't taste a difference then I see his point.

Not sure if you are referring to him or me.

Nor do I see what damaged taste buds have to do with cooking in general. I mean if in general you don't like to eat, then sure.

I am also not recommending that you all dump whatever you cook with and go out and buy pans with SS cooking surfaces.

But if you have ever had the experience of, "oh this tastes better at this restaurant than I have ever had at home" then there is room for improvement.

I get super excited when I am at one of those restaurants. Extremely rare sad.png

i love steel

Never said you couldn't order fried chicken.

Not sure if you are referring to him or me.

Nor do I see what damaged taste buds have to do with cooking in general. I mean if in general you don't like to eat, then sure.

basically that

Good luck to you and your lady!

Get ready for one helluva show. It'll be one you never forget.

I am also not recommending that you all dump whatever you cook with and go out and buy pans with SS cooking surfaces.

My only piece of cookware (stove wive) that is not ss is my sauce pot.

Just need to get a real stove. Granted that won't happen till I move out of the rental and buy a place. That's the biggest bitch about renting, not being able customize anything.

J

Keep her goin man!!! The thoughts and prayers are continuing!!!

J

Anybody find any great DSLR deals on glass or bodies?

J

I'm trying to sell my glass and body

Looking to stay with Nikon.

J

National camera exchange is having a decently large sale on Nikon specifically.

Looking at their site, seems like they have some good deals. Hopefully after Christmas I can get a new body and keep my old one as a 'toss around' for travel.

J

Keep her goin man!!! The thoughts and prayers are continuing!!!

J

My ole lady as some of you might know is deaf and has always had vertigo issues due to inner ear problems. And pressure caused by exertion will make her dizzy. C-section will be the only option for her as she will not be able to push. The Dr actually said a c-section is actually better for the baby.

You get a nice double hernia like scar too.