Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

C Section it is! Sofi Alice is here. Named after Sofi from Howl's Moving Castle. I need sleep...

gratz dude

Congrats Drew. :)

I find nothing appetizing in eating sweetmeats and beef tongue.

What if you tried something and it was yummy. Do you care what it is?

Of course eating a rat isn't appetizing sounding. Society has soured that as an option. On the other hand if it was the best tasting thing in the world I'd eat it. Pigeon is a pretty good example. It's fucking great, but it is the rat of the bird world.

I've had tongue you wouldn't know was tongue. Did it taste like steak? Fuck no, but it was awesome. Soft, buttery, and tons of flavor. First two adjectives I doubt you ever thought of with tongue. I sure the hell hadn't before. Took quite a chef to do that.

For me the exotic is only an exercise in reading or thinking. Trying to determine what someone did to make anything better tasting is a skill I surely want. No matter the ingredient I could care less as long as it is scrumptious.

Like I said, different strokes. I have tried both and they were nasty. I am open to trying most anything, and I have tried quite a bit. However, these delicacies had textures and flavors that made me gag.

C Section it is! Sofi Alice is here. Named after Sofi from Howl's Moving Castle. I need sleep...

Congrats brother! Welcome to the land of no fucking sleep.

A little 2 channel time with some classic holiday music on the digms, then off to visit some local small businesss.

Of course eating a rat isn't appetizing sounding. Society has soured that as an option. On the other hand if it was the best tasting thing in the world I'd eat it. Pigeon is a pretty good example. It's fucking great, but it is the rat of the bird world.

I've had tongue you wouldn't know was tongue. Did it taste like steak? Fuck no, but it was awesome. Soft, buttery, and tons of flavor. First two adjectives I doubt you ever thought of with tongue. I sure the hell hadn't before. Took quite a chef to do that.

For me the exotic is only an exercise in reading or thinking. Trying to determine what someone did to make anything better tasting is a skill I surely want. No matter the ingredient I could care less as long as it is scrumptious.

Like I said, different strokes. I have tried both and they were nasty. I am open to trying most anything, and I have tried quite a bit. However, these delicacies had textures and flavors that made me gag.

If they were nasty the chef sucked. Exactly my point.

Texturally the last tongue I ate did one hell of a filet mignon impression. Flavor was of course different, but I was in awe of the transformation.

WELCOME.gif to this world Sofi! And congrats to your parents!!

I believe he is stating he simply does not like it.  No matter the chef or the preparation.

Ironically it is considered one of the best restaurants/chefs in the Raleigh/Durham area.

And IMO it still sucked.

Your opinion of what is good food is completely subjective, as is mine. I still say many of the "best" chefs cook food that tastes like a steaming pile of shit might... of course I have never tried a steaming pile of shit, but I have a feeling it might taste better.

Awe. Should have gone with calcifer

I believe he is stating he simply does not like it. No matter the chef or the preparation.

I understand. I don't like whit that is cooked poorly either.

Finding a restaurant is really tough south of Kansas city

Not saying you should like any one particular thing. Tons of stuff worthy eating tho

Finding a restaurant is really tough south of Kansas city

Depends on one's palate. Personally I don't like a lot of the foods you do.

In fact, according to "Best Chefs" there are more top notch chefs in the Raleigh/Durham area alone than in the entire state of Minnesota.

I have lived all over the country, and visited most of the states. Different regions have different methods of cooking. The originality north of the Mason/Dixon is quite limited. Not that the food is bad, I grew up in the North and I miss and love some yankee food, but most foods are siphoned from other regions of the country and the world. There is more originality in Southern cooking, that varies heavily from one small region to another. 

I am not saying that I like Southern cooking more, but the vast majority of connoisseurs would argue that there are far more top notch chefs in the South than up North.

Congrats to you both!!! Welcome to the world Miss Sofi!!!

J

This has been a shop for things I'm going to need veg out weekend.

Looking to do an audio upgrade in the Focus. I really just want to add a Bluetooth adapter but that will cost at least $100 for the stock system, so i am considering just going ahead and throwing Ina new HU.