Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

spam :) 

Edited by Adrian_D

Washington and Colorado.

A whole bowl full of stoners. Damn performance enhancing marijuana!

Its the Barry Bonds Kush strain.

J

Is the Snow Diesel! Nugs bigger than my head. :P

Daughter officially killed her first subwoofer. I am suspect of the Epicenter as the cause as was throwing a nasty signal when hooked to the BTL in the Honda. The problem is the way I had to get the signal from the factory system. Doh.gif  

Looks like I am ordering a 15" Dcon today. The last Dcon I built her is in a ported enclosure that was to big, SO It lives happily in my buddy Marks Jeep. I had traded out with him my MTX which is the one she welded solid. SO anywho I will build a sealed enclosure this time around so size wont be an issue for her. 

All this midbass talk is making me want to find some pro audio 12"s to play with. Just need to find one that will work in my alignment. Mounting Depth being the other factor. My search keeps taking me to the Faitalpro's as they have so many models. Just need to do some modeling and math.

http://www.parts-express.com/faitalpro-12pr310-12-professional-woofer-4-ohm--294-1243 

I love that live or high output home audio sound. Love the Aura's, but think I am ready to continue my quest for that home audio sound. 

And then I backed up off the weed and turned the sub down. A good Slaytanic car ride later and I feel like I am front row baby. :D

Daughter officially killed her first subwoofer. I am suspect of the Epicenter as the cause as was throwing a nasty signal when hooked to the BTL in the Honda. The problem is the way I had to get the signal from the factory system. Doh.gif  

Looks like I am ordering a 15" Dcon today. The last Dcon I built her is in a ported enclosure that was to big, SO It lives happily in my buddy Marks Jeep. I had traded out with him my MTX which is the one she welded solid. SO anywho I will build a sealed enclosure this time around so size wont be an issue for her. 

Some will tell you the DCON sucks in a sealed box. I have two 10's and had them ported in the 4runner and now have them sealed in the Camry. I like they sound in either box and sealed those little guys can pound hard enough to suprise people.

Some will tell you the DCON sucks in a sealed box. I have two 10's and had them ported in the 4runner and now have them sealed in the Camry. I like they sound in either box and sealed those little guys can pound hard enough to suprise people.

The 10s and 12s do not perform well in sealed enclosures, not to say they won't make noise but there are better woofers for it. As Aaron has mentioned before the DCON 15 is different from the two smaller models, I love the 15 sealed, it does very well. I believe they are still not ready for production yet :(

The 10s and 12s do not perform well in sealed enclosures, not to say they won't make noise but there are better woofers for it. As Aaron has mentioned before the DCON 15 is different from the two smaller models, I love the 15 sealed, it does very well. I believe they are still not ready for production yet :(

I already have a 15" Dcon in a ported enclosure and am very impressed with the tonality and efficiency. Is tuned to 35hz with 82 sq in of port. The Dcon I bought from you Sean (W140) in fact. 

I had heard rumor of a newer version that is geared more towards sealed?

The store does not give any recommended enclosures for the 15"? Anyone that knows off hand? The biggest caveat is enclosure size, must be small, so will model if needed.

I already have a 15" Dcon in a ported enclosure and am very impressed with the tonality and efficiency. Is tuned to 35hz with 82 sq in of port. The Dcon I bought from you Sean (W140) in fact. 

The store does not give any recommended enclosures for the 15"? Anyone that knows off hand? The biggest caveat is enclosure size, must be small, so will model if needed.

From what I have found so far looks like 3.5 cu ft for sealed.  Which works out great as its only 18.55" cube enclosure. Anyone have input on that?

From what I have found so far looks like 3.5 cu ft for sealed.  Which works out great as its only 18.55" cube enclosure. Anyone have input on that?

Yes 3-4 cubic feet sealed

Yes 3-4 cubic feet sealed

Thank you sir.

The 10s and 12s do not perform well in sealed enclosures, not to say they won't make noise but there are better woofers for it. As Aaron has mentioned before the DCON 15 is different from the two smaller models, I love the 15 sealed, it does very well. I believe they are still not ready for production yet sad.png

Not to start a debate, but I disagree. But I maybe I don't have a clue... ;)

picked up some aurasound full rangers for my friend on recommendation from Aaron and Sean (deyoung) .  At 20 bucks a pop figured they would be worth a try.

eek5wavey.gif

Empire Strikes Back

At -12db referance!

From what I have found so far looks like 3.5 cu ft for sealed. Which works out great as its only 18.55" cube enclosure. Anyone have input on that?
I have not checked the specs, but that seems quite large.

Sold the w140 wheels to fund the E30 project, because race car