Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I have found I have the best luck bleeding brakes by myself. I place the end of the bleeder tube in a 1/2 full bottle of brake fluid, open the bleeder valve and pump until I am happy the air is gone, than close the bleeder. Keep the res full of course. I have thought about trying the one way bleeder valves but have never had the need.

This caliper just pumps fluid and no air really when you do that. Sort of feel it'd be best to pump the fluid into the caliper versus sucking out the air.

Had that problem when converting an old Chevy clutch to hydraulic. Due to the design of the master cylinder the air would not exit without forcing the air backwards out of the res. Should work good actually.  

Had that problem when converting an old Chevy clutch to hydraulic. Due to the design of the master cylinder the air would not exit without forcing the air backwards out of the res. Should work good actually.

How do you do that though?

Did a clutch cylinder on a Ranger, had to vac it out from the reservoir side to get the damn thing to work right.  

I just bled it a bunch more and it released.

Still think there is air in there though...

Some brake conversions require partially unhooking the caliper to allow it to swing upwards so any air trapped above the bleeder valve can get out. Once again by design as they use off the self calipers.

Can you bleed at all with the master cylinder cover on?

The kind of shit Sean & Adrian do when they get bored of the same old bike ride

Seriously mang who's the engineer here? Just kidding. :P Has been awhile since I did it. I tried finding the tutorial on Coloradok5.com to refresh myself to no avail on the reverse bleeding. As far as bleeding brakes I usually rest the cap on the master while bleeding so possibly.  

Seriously mang who's the engineer here? Just kidding. tongue.png Has been awhile since I did it. I tried finding the tutorial on Coloradok5.com to refresh myself to no avail on the reverse bleeding. As far as bleeding brakes I usually rest the cap on the master while bleeding so possibly.
I know, but I can flip the sled MUCH easier than you can flip a car.

Seriously mang who's the engineer here? Just kidding. tongue.png Has been awhile since I did it. I tried finding the tutorial on Coloradok5.com to refresh myself to no avail on the reverse bleeding. As far as bleeding brakes I usually rest the cap on the master while bleeding so possibly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBk00597EyE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBk00597EyE

WTF am I doing wrong linking the video's? Usually when I copy the video URL and paste the link using the "link" function, it shows the video, NOT the link? Anyone?

Yay for minor changes at work.

Boo for my dryer fucking up.

J

What changes?

Dress code change. Back to jeans and collared shirt M-TH, casual friday; now allowed to coming in at 4:30 each day and leave at 11 on fridays, since at that point we are at 40 hrs.

J

No permanent or beni's? wtf

Not yet man. I am trying to be patient, but I am certainly hunting for other places.

J

Unless things change I will have the GCONs late Sunday!

:) :) :)

Feeling better today Matt?

Yeah. Cranky, but better.

I need to find out how to get the name on my property changed to my current last name. I changed it and now the damn bank is being a little bitch and saying the names have to match.

My guess is it will take a title company, and that means $800 minimum to change a damn name.

WTF am I doing wrong linking the video's? Usually when I copy the video URL and paste the link using the "link" function, it shows the video, NOT the link? Anyone?

Used to happen to me alllllll the time.