Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I will post what I'm working with in a few. I am sure you guys can give me some advice.

Note I didn't say pointers or tips. I know how you sick MFer's think.

10710744_750876948309427_84524366736968715268_750876954976093_50975506084265705410710744_750876948309427_845243667369687

I generally use this cam for photographing tattoos. I use a black backdrop but am under florescent lighting. 

What advice, lens, configuration, etc should i be using?

Side note, am getting ready to buy the W a cam for action shots. any advice on a good body/lens combo for the wife? Something in the 1500-2500 range.

Last cam I bought her i was focused on video record transfer rate. IIRC its a Panasonic.

I have a pile of camera's. I think 3 cybershots and then some.

Go with a Cannon. Fasher shutters and cleaner images than the Nikon for sports.

J

Faster**

Epic rap battles in history is even better.

J

Popped a zit so hard it sprayed on my bathroom mirror. I'm equally disgusted and impressed.

That shit is always funny.

J

I had one on my lip that must have had 1ml of fluid. Maybe more.

Felt like a gallon spewed out. It was so deep the whitehead was invisible basically. I just steamed my face with a towel and squeezed.

Thing burst like crazy.

What sort of action?

Sports.

From how far away?

A used 7D and one a good L lens would be pretty awesome.

The 70D is compelling if you want to do video.

Best advice is buy the best glass you can afford. The best telephoto zoom made is the Canon 70-200 IS 2.8 mk ii. Unless your looking for super telephoto.

It's $2300 or something like that.

I will admit I'm biased as I own it, but independent reviews that measure optics, focus speed, accuracy, true to its stated focal length, low distribution etc etc end up support what I felt when I used them.

Nikon has a better sensor that can handle more dynamic situations and pull more out of shadows, but the glass and the user interface is not nearly as good. Not even close. At least in every relatively close comparison I have seen.

If I was shooting with 500mm or more, and had 10k+ to spend on a body alone then that Nikon might make sense. but then when I came down to the 70-200 range I would still keep a Canon just to use the 70-200 IS mk ii. Nikon has no glad that is comparable at that zoom length. Their 70-200 nikor is terrible.

What body is it that you have?  Be best to use your whole budget on a lens most likely.

Anyone have a low power fuse holder they like?

Sled has an SAE plug with DC already.  Of course I found this after deciding where I was going to tap the AC and install the rectifier :lol:

Cleaner the better.  SAE -> Fuse -> Garmin Nuvi, EGT Gauge, USB charging wire.  All within 6" of each other and 6" from the plug at most.  Single fuse is fine considering they are all wimpy devices.  Hardwire and vibration proof are keys.  I'd much rather just have a short wire that plugs into my phone than one with a plug on both ends.

Went out to install my EGT's last night and ran into a snafu....so I polished the tunnel.  Needs a couple more passes, but it looks WAY better.

IMAG0124_zpspkxvoq9w.jpg

What body is it that you have? Be best to use your whole budget on a lens most likely.

If that is an option, then Heck yes.

I assumed she wanted her own body.

If so it's nearly impossible to beat the 7D used as a sport camera.

I had every intention of buying the 7D mk ii to replace the T4i. It isn't a replacement however.

It's so specialized for a new camera that it isn't a good second camera unless you have one of the absolute tippy top options with everything on it. If you want to shoot birds, and other wildlife, it's the camera. Unless they ruined the AF system, but it actually looks to be the best AF they have ever made, on paper.

The original 7D is such an amazing value now because of the price drop. The only annoying feature is it is CF card not SD card.