Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

The 70D body is looking like a good candidate. Almost as stellar as the 7D in the AF department. Plus better for video.

I love mine.

Because I've been into audio for so long I often times assume some else's basic understanding of electronics....and they often prove my assumption wrong.

This is the 2nd year I've helped my daughters dance studio setup an audio system for a parade, and both years I'm amazed at what I've had to explain to the guys helping out.

And your surprised because...?

The 70D body is looking like a good candidate. Almost as stellar as the 7D in the AF department. Plus better for video.

I love mine.

They can be had with about a half a dozen different combos of lens as a package for about the same as just the body. i will most likely pick up the 200 lens you suggested, for the wife, for indoor, low light. BUT being i can score another lens for next to nothing with the body, what would you suggest for a good landscape lens?  I personally am WAY more interested in photographing geological sites than anything else.

Because I've been into audio for so long I often times assume some else's basic understanding of electronics....and they often prove my assumption wrong.

This is the 2nd year I've helped my daughters dance studio setup an audio system for a parade, and both years I'm amazed at what I've had to explain to the guys helping out.

Sounds like a lot of people working at the plant.

I love mine.

They can be had with about a half a dozen different combos of lens as a package for about the same as just the body. i will most likely pick up the 200 lens you suggested, for the wife, for indoor, low light. BUT being i can score another lens for next to nothing with the body, what would you suggest for a good landscape lens?  I personally am WAY more interested in photographing geological sites than anything else.

The 200 has no zoom.

In an ideal world, with that camera I would have:

Tokina 11-16 2.8

Canon 17-55 2.8 IS

Canon 50mm 1.2 (1.4 acceptable)

Canon 70-200 2.8 IS II 

Everything else is a compromise.  17-55 is the lens I would get with it.  Otherwise whatever else you get is disposable.

I have the

16-35 2.8L Canon

24-70 2.8 VS Tamron

70-200 IS ii Canon

50mm 1.2 Canon

2x extender from Canon

I use them on full frame and a crop.

If I was staying with a crop I would skip the Tokina Sean mentioned and get the Sigma 1.8.

Sean you should really just try that Sigma, I bet you would sell your Tokina in a heartbeat. Especially when you start taking video of the youngins.

Edited by dem beats

A few hours of reading and i about have my head wrapped around the math involved. :D

New personal quest at the house is making clear ice cubes/spheres with no cloudy parts. 

New personal quest at the house is making clear ice cubes/spheres with no cloudy parts.

Boil water first. Freeze really slowly.

Epic!

Jarod, my phone charging cable got cut somehow. Charging on PC. I will text you back tomorrow.

You guys like pics?

9c9KIAB.jpg

This is a good example of how stopping down to 1.2 can help. Of course, if I had a tripod it wouldn't be as awesome.

I find I whip out the 1.2 when I want to take pictures of friends. Candid, evenine and nights, or indoors. Just catching the moment.

Edited by dem beats

I got my pic making swerve on. If you guys wanna see pics of anything, hollar atcha boi.

I haven't posted shit on here from Europe etc etc.

It would be good to have you folks see some of the shots.

I really need to step my photography game up.

J

2832655391475279738.jpeg?v=1325056582.64

Video looks old but if it's the same car as featured on speedhunters, it now has a british V8, more power, much more torque than the Ferrari V8. 

Ok you gas-engine drivers...I suspect the Miata runs way too rich: black soot on the rear bumper and at WOT I can see something which looks like a mist in the rearview mirror, at night. Bad O2 sensor? Or bad injectors? 

Thanks guys, I sure will!

Have fun, Neal ! ! !