Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Looks good Adrian. I am sure they are much better than the shit over here.

J go for what makes sense to you.

Walked the rock creek parkway on the way to the Smithsonian this morning. Pretty combination of old impressive bridges and nature

Heading into Georgetown for some great, but brutally priced food and a dose of DC trendy?

Did that last night. Tonight I am lazy which usually means sushi....the the airport . I have to come back though...

J go for what makes sense to you.

Right now going back to school in January makes the most sense. I figure trying my hand at stand up a night or two might be fun.

J

You can never go wrong with getting more education....Knowledge is everything in life!

Walked the rock creek parkway on the way to the Smithsonian this morning. Pretty combination of old impressive bridges and nature

Heading into Georgetown for some great, but brutally priced food and a dose of DC trendy?

Did that last night. Tonight I am lazy which usually means sushi....the the airport . I have to come back though...

Where did you go?

You can never go wrong with getting more education....Knowledge is everything in life!

Experience trumps knowledge every timr.

Right!...LOL

PmMpwYg.jpg

I do this all the time.

Helga will probably come home Friday!!!!

Did I miss something?

Punk kid smashed in the doors on the 550 just days after I got her back from BMW touching up some paint and a final 50k service.

She has been in the shop all last week as of Monday.

Uhhh... Sorry to hear that, bud, I trust everyone was OK?

No offense, but in my experience that's something people with no degree say to justify their lack of higher education. Your statement is definitely true in many cases, but also very wrong in many others. I have hired several people who have absolutely proven that statement wrong many times over. One of them still works for me...not enough to justify firing her yet...but should have all the experience needed to excel, and absolutely does not. Performance is average on her best day.

And in most cases in my experience the one's who have problem with education is the ones who have none.....

fWLrlmP.gif

I dint get the toaster part.....
Toaster?

Looks like a hotdog comming out of a toaster....

Tongue coming through a mail slot

Touches my face after dealing with peppers. Fudge me that sucked.

Touches my face after dealing with peppers. Fudge me that sucked.

I've made the mistake of rubbing my eye after eating fire Cheetos without thoroughly cleaning all the powder off my fingers first...that was pretty hardcore suck age as well

No offense, but in my experience that's something people with no degree say to justify their lack of higher education. Your statement is definitely true in many cases, but also very wrong in many others. I have hired several people who have absolutely proven that statement wrong many times over. One of them still works for me...not enough to justify firing her yet...but should have all the experience needed to excel, and absolutely does not. Performance is average on her best day.

I'm simply speaking from my own experiences. I can't argue with yours.

Did I miss something?
Punk kid smashed in the doors on the 550 just days after I got her back from BMW touching up some paint and a final 50k service.

Yeah, thanks for asking. 10 mph but he hit it right in the B pillar and skirt, so both doors. I was really worried about the frame as front door didn't open. Upside is the doors will be perfect, including the little chip I had.

The frame and b pillar were all perfect. All the original mechanisms are perfect, glass will match, and it gets new gaskets.

Shop was awesome.

Experience is often more valuable, but often those with experience are still lazy.

Education is useful because people in debt are motivated!

:-)

The replacement Jeep:

IMG-20141019-WA0010.jpg

2.7 Mercedes diesel, 5-speed Mercedes Auto, all the bells and whistles smile.png

Ignore the sports rake, I bought it with 2" spacers all around and only had time to remove them from the front, so I can change all the tie-rods and do an alignment.

I didn't know you were ballin like that!?

Ballin' on a budget :lol:

I  paid just as much as for the previous one when I bought it, but it's already registered, as a 4-seat utility vehicle, so $100 yearly tax. Slightly higher insurance and road tax. But still less total cost per year. 

Looks good Adrian. I am sure they are much better than the shit over here.

Previous owner fixed the injector issues, ZERO rust and all I have to deal with are some minor oil leaks and a diesel leak. 

PmMpwYg.jpg

I do this all the time.

Both times I had to work like that I removed the seat. Much more comfortable. 

Did I miss something?

Yeah, thanks for asking. 10 mph but he hit it right in the B pillar and skirt, so both doors. I was really worried about the frame as front door didn't open. Upside is the doors will be perfect, including the little chip I had.

The frame and b pillar were all perfect. All the original mechanisms are perfect, glass will match, and it gets new gaskets.

Shop was awesome.

:woot: Helga is back :D

This weekend I got a ride in a Audi Quattro with the 2.2 turbo. It was making about 25psi boost and it was madness. I couldn't breathe until he shifted into 3rd. 

Spent the Saturday afternoon helping another guy weld back his wastegate to the manifold. Cool bunch of people and they offered to cut any flanges I need and build a manifold when I want to turbo the Miata :D

2-3.jpg

Experience is eduction in a trial by fire setting IMO. Unfortunately, that piece of paper means more than experience in many employer's eyes. As such, back to school I go. At damn near 30.

J

Just writing 30 hurts. Especially with how my body is.

J