Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

All this talk of firearms is making me want to blow shit up. Is always a good stress reliever. http://youtu.be/HxPbBCtsxFY

That was a damn good day. Honestly, one of the best vacations I ever went on.

J

You remember shooting this vid obviously! :D Its been too long J. Time for another round brother. When you coming to get your other sleeve done?

When money allows. I need to go to AZ with the girl to see her family and I am trying to find a way to swing a 3 or 4 day stop out there in the plans as well. Getting back to work or going back to school will help free up some cash to do such ventures.

J

Thank you for the good thoughts about the dog. Hopefully we can find a way to ease her pain. She wanted to jump out of the car yesterday when we got home from the vet :)

Some girl is getting a field sobriety test at 1pm on a Friday afternoon and looks to be failing.  

Its homecoming week on campus.  :)

Some girl is getting a field sobriety test at 1pm on a Friday afternoon and looks to be failing.

Its homecoming week on campus. :)

You get her digits hommie?

......what did I just watch????

A musical or cop on cop violence? I don't know what's better

I love all things smartwool.

:-)

Sean probably has better recommendations, or at least something better priced. I know they can get crazy with cost.

Just to be a negative Nancy, I really don't like smart wool socks. They seem to wear out quickly to me.

Is there a general care tip for wool to make them last longer?

wear shoes, stop walking around in your stockings.

:) but they are soooooo comfortable. I do that in the winter.

I would love some real wool dress socks, but can't find any in my size. Wear a 15 sock as my foot is rather low volume for its length.

I started buying Darn Tough and I love them. Price is high to me but they've been worth it.

wubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwub

Worth listening to until he starts screaming.

This. I actually REALLY dig the music, but can't stand singers that do nothing but scream. I can never understand them either. If that had a lead singer who actually sung I'd have looked into buying their album

I love all things smartwool.

:-)

Sean probably has better recommendations, or at least something better priced. I know they can get crazy with cost.

Just to be a negative Nancy, I really don't like smart wool socks. They seem to wear out quickly to me.

Is there a general care tip for wool to make them last longer?

wear shoes, stop walking around in your stockings.

Werd.

Smartwools last me forever.

Snowdrift Vanilla Porter's got some big brass ones...wow

I am getting a chance to play with an AR&D machine next week. This is a $90K machine that is used to rebuild hybrid batteries. I am anxious to see how it is worth so much money while I am doing the same thing with $3,000. Apparently this machine is successful with the Honda IMA stick battery, while I have found the IMAs to be nearly worthless to rebuild.

I also just got a Nissan Altima Hybrid in today that needs a battery rebuild. It is my first Nissan, but it is not my first Nissan... The inverter looked oddly familiar, so I yanked the cover off it and saw a Toyota sticker in it. Upon further investigation I realized it is just a Camry hybrid set up. Overall it feels a lot different. The vehicle stays in EV Mode (electric only run mode) way more than a Prius or Camry hybrid. I like the brakes a lot better, too. They feel much more natural, with a hydro/mechanical brake working though the first 1/2 of the pedal use, and the feeling of a regen braking feel beyond that.I find the Toyota hybrid braking with hard regen from initial pedal movement feels overly agressive, almost like they grab, but with a somewhat spongy pedal. Hydro/mechanical braking comes on only at hard/panic stops. Sure, it is a more solid feel, but it feels extremely non-linear in the Toyotas. It has great power, with a hefty battery boost on hard acceleration and passing mode. It is just a 2.5 liter, but it feels like a stout V6 on off the line acceleration and a small V8 in passing mode. But it is a fucking Nissan. Nissans have really sucked a fat dick over the past decade and a half.

Honestly, I think my favorite overall hybrid is the Altima. But, the battery is relatively youthful for a rebuild, at just a cunt hair under 100K. I typically see Prius batterys bad at 180K and Camrys at ~250K. I assume it has to do with regenerative braking being so off, but with a tiny sample of 1, compared to a few dozen Prius and about 4 Camrys, it is hard to say overall.

Finally, I am a bit irritated with my Snap-On dealer. His price on the Fluke TI95 was fantastic, at only $1800, but I am entering week 3 since my order and I have yet to posess this awesome thermal imager.

Oh yeah, to add insult to injury, I dropped my laptop last night. This was the final straw for this heavily abused Asus Win7 rig. I broke the screen and it refuses to boot up. I bought another Asus today, I5, 500GB drive with 4GB of RAM and a touch screen for a solid price (under $500, no shit). But fuck this Windows 8.1 shit. I amgetting a legit Win 7 copy tomorrow for it, so I can run my programmer and get over this clunky, bullshit OS. Fuck Win8, but goddamn I love an Asus rig.

Windows 8.1 isn't all bad. I still rock 7 on the home PC though. It requires more hardware to run it, but my hardware is ok I think.

Oh, bonus time. 2 days ago my favorite beer shop got in Southern Teir Chocolat. Buy this beer, it is fucking amazing. I grabbed a case for $102. Bottles are $9.99 a pop. He snagged 15 cases. God Bless America.

Windows 8.1 isn't all bad. I still rock 7 on the home PC though. It requires more hardware to run it, but my hardware is ok I think.

I am not a fan. As a tnkerer, I go into a lot of shit I likely shouldn't. IMO it is very hard to navigate, compared to previous windows versions. Plus, if I wanted a fucking tablet, I would have bought a tablet. Please give me a PC based GUI, not a god damn cell phone gui... thanks!

Oh, check this out Matt. Woodford is having a special limited run bourbon about to be released in just a couple weeks. I hope to be able to offer a review, provided I can gram myself a slice of that whiskey heaven.

Oh, check this out Matt. Woodford is having a special limited run bourbon about to be released in just a couple weeks. I hope to be able to offer a review, provided I can gram myself a slice of that whiskey heaven.

Do you know the name so I can order some?

I'm not drinking currently but a half a finger with a cigar won't kill me every once and a while.

WOW!  You wouldn't find that printed anywhere these days.

Do you know the name so I can order some?

I'm not drinking currently but a half a finger with a cigar won't kill me every once and a while.

Sonoma-Cutrer Pinot Noir Finish

WFR_F15Masters_FrntBtl_WHITE_RGB.jpg