Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

And now I want to see theese chilly titties.

I need one of these things.

It was $1700. It will take me a few months to pay it off (with regards to labor turned using the device), but I can see it saving me a lot of time. I did a 2008 Grand Cherokee today with a 3L TD motor. It had codes for 1 & 3 glow plugs. 1 metered bad, but 3 did not. With the imager I could have quickly looked at them and found 1, 2 and 4 were bad. Without it I had to tear into it, wasting an hour of time. Fortunately the customer bought it, so I got an hour diag and 2.5 to replace all plugs and the plug controller, but if he hadn't my hour guess on diag would have been a loser. With my imager I could have done this in under 2 minutes.

I cannot believe it's slutty costume day, the wife is out of town, and instead of cruising for coeds in the freshly painted whip I'm googling flukes and having raspberry sorbet in my jammies.

It sounds like it will be well worth the price Seth.

Definitely cool tech.

I would definitely never stop measuring the crotches of women to find out who was horny and who wasn't at social functions.

Or who had a UTI/VD

When I first started looking at these I told my old lady I was gonna measure her pussy every night while putting in fims with different leading men to see who turned her on. I talked to a good friend of mine who is one of the most brilliant technicians I have ever met, and his first words after I told him the possibilities of this thing was "I'm gonna check my old lady's cunt to see when she is horny every night with that thing".

Funny how most smart men think about getting pussy with this thing!

He is stopping by next week to see it.

It sounds like it will be well worth the price Seth.

Definitely cool tech.

I think it will. This is really a tool I researched to see how I could use it. I am fairly proud of myself for being the first in my area to make this jump. My Snappy dealer now has 3 on order after he showed mine off over the last 2 days.

He's stopping by to see the wife's pussy?

Can I swing over too?

Come on by. If you take up payments on her I'll throw in the imager.

LMAO

I just wanna smell the cheese not go in on a cow. I got my own Holstein I'm still dealing with.

Edited by dem beats

The man wants his cake and wants to eat it too...

You can eat the cake. I'll just watch from a dark corner through the fluke.

I swear to god the second I saw the first pic my only question was going to what your dick temp was.

Ya make me proud Seth.

LOL... troubled minds think alike!

It's cool. I think the one girl we have in the front office has fake tits. The imager showed her tits to be cooler than the rest of her, while my wifes are warmer in most regions. Interesting.

It is taking some practice. I looked at the outside of my house (it is ~35F outside) to look for leaks. I was surprised where the leaks were, and will fix some this fall and likely get new windows next spring. They are 7 year old double panes, but show significant heat losses. I can see the studs in my walls, which is kinda cool. I put my hand on the wall for ~5 seconds and walked 10 feet away and could still plainly see my hand print. I even wrote on my dresser with my finger and could see the heat pattern a few seconds later.

It is sensitive, but I was hoping for better resolution. I can go to manual range and make it super sensitive. This is how I will find drains and shorts, but it will take some practice to understand how to control it. Auto settings may not be sensitive enough for .5A drains through fuses.

For some reason I cannot get it to connect to my cell. It connects to my tablet with no problem. This will take some time and I will aim for some fix time when I am not 4 Choklats in the hole..

It will do what I need it to.

You just made me want one of those badly.

Hate to ask how bad it was.

I swear to god the second I saw the first pic my only question was going to what your dick temp was.

Ya make me proud Seth.

It's cool. I think the one girl we have in the front office has fake tits. The imager showed her tits to be cooler than the rest of her, while my wifes are warmer in most regions. Interesting.

It is taking some practice. I looked at the outside of my house (it is ~35F outside) to look for leaks. I was surprised where the leaks were, and will fix some this fall and likely get new windows next spring. They are 7 year old double panes, but show significant heat losses. I can see the studs in my walls, which is kinda cool. I put my hand on the wall for ~5 seconds and walked 10 feet away and could still plainly see my hand print. I even wrote on my dresser with my finger and could see the heat pattern a few seconds later.

It is sensitive, but I was hoping for better resolution. I can go to manual range and make it super sensitive. This is how I will find drains and shorts, but it will take some practice to understand how to control it. Auto settings may not be sensitive enough for .5A drains through fuses.

For some reason I cannot get it to connect to my cell. It connects to my tablet with no problem. This will take some time and I will aim for some fix time when I am not 4 Choklats in the hole..

That is one cool tool that I would use as a toy daily.

My buddy had some $$$$$ db meter and we used it to measure his dogs bark and see who could belch Fart or yell the loudest. His wife was not impressed.

It was some German thing I'm sure Sean uses/sells. I'm sure it was $25k or something like that.

Give an engineer a tool and he will figure out a way to measure genitals or farts.

That'd be danish and made by Bruel & Kjaer. I sold that to Donaldson most likely right before I left. tongue.png

My shit makes that look like a toy, but vibration is way harder to measure than acoustics. I still have B&K mics and the capability to do what that does in my house at all times.

Ok at $1700 I can't rationalize that. Doh.gif

*thinks about how to make my company buy one tongue.png

Heat related distortions? Seems plausible.

Heat related distortions? Seems plausible.

Actually we see major shifts in modal parameters based on temperature. We also measure dynamic stress & strain in non-contact form and if a unit was sensitive enough you'd also see different heating patterns which could be of interest as it may provide further clues on edge effects which are by nature nearly impossible to study.

There's your selling point to the boss then

The one that shocked me the most as no preparation for it in school was the centrifugal stiffening causing normal modes to switch places. Classical mechanics say no. Reality says yes. Guess who goes back and adds factors into classical mechanics to make them make sense. Aha.

Could argue temperature is an unknown in this regard and studying it alongside modal response would be useful.

Ya make me proud Seth.

That is one cool tool that I would use as a toy daily.

My buddy had some $$$$$ db meter and we used it to measure his dogs bark and see who could belch Fart or yell the loudest. His wife was not impressed.

It was some German thing I'm sure Sean uses/sells. I'm sure it was $25k or something like that.

Give an engineer a tool and he will figure out a way to measure genitals or farts.

That'd be danish and made by Bruel & Kjaer. I sold that to Donaldson most likely right before I left. tongue.png

My shit makes that look like a toy, but vibration is way harder to measure than acoustics. I still have B&K mics and the capability to do what that does in my house at all times.

I remember the B&K logo! Did you remember I had a buddy at Donaldson? We talked about that at one point, I remember.

Good memory.

Probably not to many people needing toys like that locally however though.

:D

Edited by dem beats

It can help your boss get laid? Edited by dem beats

$1700 is super cheap, nearly $300 under list. In all honesty, for workable sensors it is one of the cheapest. Flir E3s are ~$13-1500, and that is essentially the Fluke TI90. The Flir E5 is $15-1700, and is the equivalent of the Fluke TI95 (the unit I purchased). I liked the Fluke connect, bigger screen (same resolution), thermal over base image feature, and the added durability that the Fluke offered. Admittedly the Flir is a much prettier unit, and it's carry case is a million times nicer, but the extra features and the fact that I have a 24 year old Fluke 97 (never had it in for service after all this time), I am just extremely comfortable with spending a couple hundred extra bucks.

But these units are just at the bottom of professional/industrial level imagers. When you start really getting up there to a mid range imager you are looking at $20,000, and for high end stuff you are in the $50-60,000 range.

The one that shocked me the most as no preparation for it in school was the centrifugal stiffening causing normal modes to switch places. Classical mechanics say no. Reality says yes. Guess who goes back and adds factors into classical mechanics to make them make sense. Aha.

Could argue temperature is an unknown in this regard and studying it alongside modal response would be useful.

You said stiffening.

Hehe

I got it to connect to my cell. Now I need to play with the software a bit more. It connects readily. While my tablet picked it right up, I had to go into my bluetooth connections on my phone and link it. Weird, as the included SD/Connect card is bluetooth and wi-fi.