Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I didn't know lifts were that cheep!

Yeah, they're not bad. But the flooring and electrical is stout. Floors must be a minimum 9 inch or a recommended 12 inch thick concrete for a 9000 pound asymmetrical.

There's one for every budget.

Ah... The flooring is the key.

I saw 1200-4000 installed and that got my interest.

Footings are easy, but concrete is expensive, especially on the strutural side.

Just for a goof, since I have 3 fairly clean drawers right now... Each drawer is 36X24... This is my main box. I have a second smaller, older box with more of my typically unused stuff.

temp-1735145311_zps0572460d.jpg

Main screwdriver/scraper drawer. I lose drivers all the time, hence the mismatching 30 sets in the drawer

temp1674765026_zps4e85306b.jpg

temp1289417472_zps9479e4a8.jpg

I usually leave the set of micros over my storks like you see in the bottom pic, but I took the top so you got a better idea of my pliers. This is nearly all of them, I just have a few sets of electrical specialty pliers (clippers, strippers, cutters, crimpers) and this does not include my Vise-Grips.

temp-1702820404_zps5e2e6ca5.jpg

Main wrench drawer. I have 2 more drawers of wrenches in my other box.. mostly oddball stuff in those drawers... These are my most typically used wrenches.

If my garage were wider there would be one in it.  Already have 12' ceilings. 

Time to put the SA8V2's on the CL tonight. I'll be taking pictures later on, but if any of the hoppers are interested in all 4 let me know.

Less than 10 hrs of play on them, no damage at all.

J

Here are both guns (I figured you'd get a kick out of the 3/8 with the adapter and the 36mm socket on it) and the ratchet...

temp1836587690_zps67d1205c.jpg

Similar to one of mine, my dad bought this around the time I was born. My impact of choice.

IMAG0588.jpg

Just for a goof, since I have 3 fairly clean drawers right now... Each drawer is 36X24... This is my main box. I have a second smaller, older box with more of my typically unused stuff.

temp-1735145311_zps0572460d.jpg

Main screwdriver/scraper drawer. I lose drivers all the time, hence the mismatching 30 sets in the drawer

temp1674765026_zps4e85306b.jpg

temp1289417472_zps9479e4a8.jpg

I usually leave the set of micros over my storks like you see in the bottom pic, but I took the top so you got a better idea of my pliers. This is nearly all of them, I just have a few sets of electrical specialty pliers (clippers, strippers, cutters, crimpers) and this does not include my Vise-Grips.

temp-1702820404_zps5e2e6ca5.jpg

Main wrench drawer. I have 2 more drawers of wrenches in my other box.. mostly oddball stuff in those drawers... These are my most typically used wrenches.

Nice!

Tools galore!!!

J

It's hard to keep organized. That black Macsimizer is an old box. I bought it new about 22 or 23 years ago. It is a 2 bay box, one row of drawers is 36X24, the other row is 12X24 The box is 5 feet wide, and 4.5 feet tall. It has 6 various height drawers on the 36" side, and 4 on the 12" side.

The top drawer covers the entire width and depth of the box and is a massive 4.5'X2' with stunning capacity. It is jammed full with sockets, ratchets, extensions, air tools (3 impact guns, 3 air ratchets, 2 air hammers, 1 mini reciprocating saw, 3 90 degree die grinders, 1 straight die grinder, 2 air drills, 1 air sander... I know I am forgetting stuff) accessories for the tools (air hammer bits, various arbors for the grinders and drills, rotary files, etc), there are 5 torque wrenches in it, and a 4 foot breaker bar. I'd post it, but there is so much shit in it that it looks chaotic and I don't want people thinking I am a slob, I just don't have any room, but I know where everything is.

You saw a few of the drawers on the left. Those are the only drawers I have that are not jam packed. I have a 36X24 drawer full of vise grips, pipe wrenches, chain wrenches, c-clamps, and other such oddities. Below that is a drawer full of bolt extraction and thread repair tools, from extractors, drill bits, taps, dies, thread chasers, hurricane sockets, stud removers, and other related equipment. The bottom drawer is chock full of engine tools, from ring expanders, ring cleaners, ring files, ridge reamers, straight edges, valve spring tools, head stands, bearing drivers, calipers, micrometers, dial indicators, various cam/crank/balance shaft retention tools, oil pump drive primers, etc.

On the right side I have just a small personal drawer on top, below that is a drawer full of hammers, punches, chisels, drifts, bearing and seal drivers, and just about anything that you can think of hitting with a hammer. Below that I have a drawer full of brake specialty tools, tubing tools, steering column repair tools, etc. The bottom drawer on that side is super deep and stuffed with manuals and training literature.

I also have 3 carts slam full of tools (one is a big ass roller with 4 drawers and a large open top section that I keep most of my electronic tools, scanners, and all other equipment required for electrical or drivability diagnosis work), and my old Snap On box I have stuffed with doubles, extras, rarely used tools. Finally I have 2 benches with bottom shelves slam full of specialty "in the pretty box" tools.

It's pitiful that one must acquire so much shit just to fix cars... and people look down on this profession. I have more money in tools than many people have in their homes.

Your tool collection is awesome and one hell of an investment!

Thank you kind sir. You are now in my will...

:)

You can never have too many tools!

I don't know... the iHop may have too many tools eek5wavey.gif

Dude, with all the shit going on around you, don't be talking about death.

Dude, with all the shit going on around you, don't be talking about death.

LOL... I'm ready, dude... seriously. While I fought my ass off to stay here when I had cancer, and I realize how precious life and time is, I have made my peace and I am ready... But God has a sense of humor, and only the good die young, so I think I'm OK.

Officer Wilson is innocent of any crime, according to the grand jury.

It is an art just to sort your tools once, keeping them organized....awesome.

I don't know... the iHop may have too many tools eek5wavey.gif

Good point ;)