Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I don't always sleep on an innerspring mattresses, but when I do I prefer individual wrapped coils.

Innerspring now. Tempur in the next month or so. We're going to buy the grand bed on bases.

$15k or so.

I'll be getting a little bit better of a deal.

I don't always sleep on an innerspring mattresses, but when I do I prefer individual wrapped coils.

Thank god the patents loosened on that. Simmons had a death grip on it for a long time.

Kingsdown got around the rules by sewing the coils in the pockets. They called them "nested" to avoid other trademark issues too.

The beds were 2x3 times the price of a The beautyrest anyway.

Crazy thing is the most comfy spot on the adjustable is right in the center of the mattress. Don't know if that is attributed from the mattress, but will make you want to kick the old lady out of bed.

That is kind of normal. No clue how much is psychosomatic or the nature of the coils.

More than 75% of people gravitate towards an edge at night even if alone. My wife is not part of that club however and loves dead center.

Anywhere near the edge on a temper mattress or any other solid foam for that matter, felt like I was going to fall off. Maybe different on a adjustable. I can see the constant bending wearing out the mattress quicker. Not a bad thing for me as I like a new one every 5 or so. Might be sold on foam by then.

Stopped by Capitol Guitars at lunch. Was funny. Largest Jackson dealer in the midwest by far. The idiots that stop in are horrible though. They found it funny that I played guitars for an hour and never wanted to plug in. Told the owner that I am interested in the action and feel and the sound will follow the pickups and amp. Sure wood changes the tone even on an electric, but more important is the comfort.Regrettably I don't like my dream guitar. What I thought it was going to be good for it wasn't. Randy designed it to play sitting down in a classical position (which I am by far the most comfortable in) but he was a little imp of a guy and not the jolly green giant. Needless to say it was too small for me. I guess I get to get a boring Soloist instead :)Got some glowing reviews on my sloppy fingerings. Said I played better than 95% of their clients. Amazing since until last week it has been 20 years since I've held an axe.

I want to hear you play.Next time I come over.I'll bring the masters bourbon, and some tobacco!;-)
NO. Next time we should have snow and we go for a rip. Realize what I can play now is theory, not songs. 20 years ago is a long time to remember anything, lol.Might go grab this as an interim solution:http://www.musicgoroundroseville.com/p/254741/used-jackson-pro-soloist-sl2-electric-guitar-transparent-red-burstIt is setup right...although it is Indonesian so I will need to spend some time with the neck to make sure it doesn't suffer from fret buzz like so many low action guitars (including the Jacksons) do.
Sounds like maybe you need to go to a factory and design your own axe.J
Na, I'll shop for used ones and rotate. Too many other suckers willing to pay $6k for a guitar that I can buy a year later for $2k. I know it means I'll have to flip a bunch but that is okay. When I find a cherry like my '56 I'll keep it.

Well if you find yourself looking for anything specific I can keep an eye out down here. I visit a few shops a month.

J

Abstract question. Anyone heard any live Night Ranger that was worth a shit? I know Gillis can rip on the guitar, but didn't realize that he played with them. Not my style of music, but could imagine if they cut him loose that live they could have been impressive.

Actually their current lineup at the food and wine festival at Disney is outstanding. Great solo bits that change every set. As for recordings, I can't help ya there.J
Surprised Gillis is back playing with them again, but that explains the solo bits that vary. Dude has serious chops.

Very true. The only mainstream guitar players that have strongly impressed me in the last few years are Zakk Wylde of BLS and Sinister Gates of Avenged Sevenfold.

J

I really miss Kingsdown. They are just not what they used to be.

:-(

I still sleep on a kingsdown. I think we have had it almost 10 years now. Still as comfortable as ever.

The snow has started!

On a normal production day we staff 10-12 production lines, as of last night we have enough people coming in to staff 6 of them because of this super bowl thing. Now with the snow it could be ghostly in there tonight.

It's pretty till you have to move it !

Yea I agree, but I was raised as a farm slave, so I kind of enjoy back breaking work.:)

Yea I agree, but I was raised as a farm slave, so I kind of enjoy back breaking work.smile.png

So was I we didn't have computers and video games. Fun for us six kids was being out in this stuff.

Didn't even own a computer till 1992.

Edited by pmureika

Anywhere near the edge on a temper mattress or any other solid foam for that matter, felt like I was going to fall off. Maybe different on a adjustable. I can see the constant bending wearing out the mattress quicker. Not a bad thing for me as I like a new one every 5 or so. Might be sold on foam by then.

The edge of your bed actually uses foam to make it last longer.

Foam can be way better.

Yea I agree, but I was raised as a farm slave, so I kind of enjoy back breaking work.smile.png

So was I we didn't have computers and video games. Fun for us six kids was being out in this stuff.

Didn't even own a computer till 1992.

I remember I was holding up a sheet of ice for my sister to shoot with a bb gun and she shot me in the hand...I think she did this on purpose..sad.png

This was back when we actually got some snow..

I didn't get a computer until almost 2000.

I would try to play Soldier of Fortune on a 56k online around that time biggrin.png

Anybody talked to Seth lately huh2.gif

Anybody talked to Seth lately huh2.gif

I hadn't. was thinking about shooting him a PM.