Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I carry my battery charger with me when I travel and I've only needed it once. I think I shoot about 10-15k pictures a year and haven't needed a battery pack ever.Dynamic range is easy to pull out in lightroom...

Not worried about a battery running out of juice as much as I worry about one shorting out or getting damaged.Unlikely but I shoot for money or favors.It's not my pictures I'm playing with.
I've never even read about someone having that issue. So of course that means I've never thought of it. :Doh:
The Roman wedding I did 2500 shots. Would have died at least once if I only had one.I also like the weight when I put the 70-200 on it.The real reason I purchased one the first time is my hands were hard to fit on the little rebel
Hey now, never said not to buy one just explained that with the new machines if you don't shoot more than 500 shots in a day it is somewhat pointless. I rarelty shoot 40 in a day, lol

Its not uncommon for me to hit 500 shots in 3 songs when shooting a concert. Do that for 5 bands in a day, and it adds up. That missed shot can be an opportunity missed for me.

Plus having the second shutter button is a plus.

J

Also, I have played with the cannon, but I just find Nikon to be more fitting for me. I like Nikon, and the amount of info out there as well as options with them is amazing.

J

Ate dinner tonight in a hawker stand in Malaysia. Pisa Corner hawker stand.GurneyDr_blog.jpgReally an AWESOME way to eat. There used to be street carts all over here. They created all sorts of problems so in Malay & Sing they opened "food courts" where they rent out stalls for them to "park". Each stand has an item or two. You order to a table and they bring it and you pay them $2-3 for a plate of food. Had all sorts of yummy shit.Fish ball soup, Chow mein (which i thought was gross until tonight), Hor Fun noodles, fried oysters, bbq chicken wings, fried squid, octopus sausage with egg, fried rice, char kway teow with cockles and sausage, and a bunch more dishes. Better food that you can get in ANY asian restaurant in the US and SUPER cheap.The serious bummer is this is what food courts in malls are supposed to be like and what they are modelled after. We fail SO BAD.

I really need to visit Asia. I loved the cultural experiences (as in cusine, archetecture, and history) in Iraq and Kuwait. I imagine this would be just as enlightening.J
Far East >> Middle East

After all the pictures I do not doubt this in the least.

Sean,Any chance you might be walking into a camera place while on this leg?I'm looking for a Nikon MB-D16 Multi Power Battery Pack. State side they are about 300 dollars, and I'd like to squeeze that cost down a bit if possible. Seems insanely expensive when compared to prior models.J

World economy these days. The grey market shit at B&H are the cheapest I'd buy.I would seriously question that though. I can shoot a good 800 pictures on one charge with the normal battery on my Canon. I can't imagine that a Nikon is that much worse...although with no glass really and needing a body I would have hardcore looked at the Canon's...

Canon just doesn't feel right to me. I enjoy my Nikon experince, and have yet to use a Canon I was happy with.

Sean,

Any chance you might be walking into a camera place while on this leg?

I'm looking for a Nikon MB-D16 Multi Power Battery Pack. State side they are about 300 dollars, and I'd like to squeeze that cost down a bit if possible. Seems insanely expensive when compared to prior models.

J

Buy the knock off brand. The one at National Camera Exchange is good enough for sure.

It's what I use on both of mine.

Nat Cam does not have a knock off. I have found a few brands online, but i want as close to the real deal as possible. Especially in terms of strength.

J

Stay safe, white people of B-more.

Yes, even you Aaron.

Fuck if I can't sleep solid one damn night..

I blame the beet root juice

Crazy how much red just passes through.

Also, I have played with the cannon, but I just find Nikon to be more fitting for me. I like Nikon, and the amount of info out there as well as options with them is amazing.

J

Not talking shit, but the Canon community is probably more powerful for info.

Stick with what you like/want.Both are awesome. People shoot with both and have great pics.

Canon has a better line up right now, but that can change fast.

And by line up I mean camera body and lens total package.

If I were a concert photog, I wouldn't pick anything but the 7Dmkii.

That fucker is a damn BEAST!

I also don't like people who are against GMOs because they never know what the fuck they're talking about. biggrin.png

And vegans or people who do cross fit.

Vegans who do crossfit 

I'm programmed to make money and Fuck Bitches.

I'm programmed to program ! 

About 2 weeks ago I installed the squat rack in the office. Adjustable heights so it can be used for benching. Today I'm starting to use the weights and dumbells we bought, since the afternoon isn't going to be so full. 

So you go from kissing guys to fucking bitches? You bisexual motherfucker lol

ipgr4yI.jpg

That's amazing.

rofl where?

So you go from kissing guys to fucking bitches? You bisexual motherfucker lol

The call me the love machine

About 2 weeks ago I installed the squat rack in the office. Adjustable heights so it can be used for benching. Today I'm starting to use the weights and dumbells we bought, since the afternoon isn't going to be so full.

Awesome

If my client cancels today I plan on putting my rack and bench together.

Have to spend a little bit at my store after the doctor apt.

Need to get some stuff bagged and tagged and pull some numbers.

I could also add that I've genetically modified E. coli in the lab. :lol:

Did you modify it to not suck?

I could also add that I've genetically modified E. coli in the lab. laugh.png

I try to make them stronger.

I could also add that I've genetically modified E. coli in the lab. laugh.png

I try to make them stronger.

Botox 2.0

Titty sprinkles.

I scrolled up expecting such. WTF

'Tis the best phrase to kill a serious or heavy conversation....

{person 1} "As I see it, the protests/riots of uncalled for"

{person 2} "I disagree, it is civil display of speaking out"

{person 1} "No, it really just appears as an excuse for people to go nuts and damage business and attack peo.."

{person 2} "Titty sprinkles"

{person 1&2} Giggles

I will never forget that.

Aaron name your caliber and gun and I can meet you half way!

Not worth wasting your bullets.  ;)  New campaign, Peace & Beer.