Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Unless you wake up and listen. You've said some dumb things but this takes the cake

Disagree.

At work sits bath in the sink wins.

By a bunch.

:D

Lol, you are right

If you want a gnx, build one. If you want a camaro build a camaro

Why would I build what every one else does? What is the fun in that?

Are you trying to show your stupidity?

Let me see, spend way more, have way less and have it be worth less. Sounds like a GREAT IDEA!!

You should re-ask your own question to yourself. Is everyone else an idiot or why did they make that choice? What is the fun in being different when it costs me money and has no benefit?

Benefit will be originality&bragging rights plus mid-life crisis will help me get a mid 20's slutter-gutter..G-force will make me feel like I got ballz like grapefruits...And I give two shits about the money,,
Mid 20s? You must be talking about the quarter mile time arent you?

Doh

What I meant to post

That man doesn't pronounce the letter H when he should and adds in all the wrong places.

"Flowin like an arpoon"

LMAO

Hmmm

IMG_20150521_083218_zpsaiaa4npt.jpg

IMG_20150521_093057_zpsd68vvpc9.jpg

IMG_20150521_112331_zpsndmysafl.jpg

Getting closer.

Hell yeah ! 

Is that huge new cooler in front for the tranny ? 

In reality a $200 4.8 with 100k miles add turbo will RAPE your "national idea". It isn't 1980 don't try to make it come back

Exactly. There are things now like more than 2 valves per cylinder, overhead camshafts...

Even my diesel is DOHC. 

Well I got a summer job / internship, now I just need to learn Python. laugh.png

Congrats. I found it actually quite simple, although I only had to fix some text file parsing.

And that is about as original as running an Fi BTL in SPL the year they came out.

Hey now, I'm still doing it....at least 2 years ago I did it. Now with all the development in the APM my interest for SPL went way down. 

You do suck

I bet he can suck a golf ball through a garden hose ! 

Hmmm

IMG_20150521_083218_zpsaiaa4npt.jpg

IMG_20150521_093057_zpsd68vvpc9.jpg

IMG_20150521_112331_zpsndmysafl.jpg

Getting closer.

Hell yeah ! 

Is that huge new cooler in front for the tranny ?

The cooler is the radiator for the supercharger. I may have to pull it off later and add another tranny cooler.

In reality a $200 4.8 with 100k miles add turbo will RAPE your "national idea". It isn't 1980 don't try to make it come back

Exactly. There are things now like more than 2 valves per cylinder, overhead camshafts...

Even my diesel is DOHC.

The LS 4.8 I cited doesn't have 2...but it will still rape any Grand National motor. Not having a completely modern Fuel Injection system is retarded if you are building a car. Obvious exception is old shit with a carb, but once you go injected use a modern piece.

Even my diesel is DOHC.

The LS 4.8 I cited doesn't have 2...but it will still rape any Grand National motor. Not having a completely modern Fuel Injection system is retarded if you are building a car. Obvious exception is old shit with a carb, but once you go injected use a modern piece.

The GN used port injection, so the fuel system is virtually the same. He would have to go stand-alone or adapt (which would be simple given tbe Camaro already has the same system basics) the existing system. Basically a pump/injector/regulator swap, and a good tune.

You do suck

I bet he can suck a golf ball through a garden hose !

I think that's his warm up. I believe his real act is suck starting a diesel.

J

Even my diesel is DOHC.

The GN used port injection, so the fuel system is virtually the same. He would have to go stand-alone or adapt (which would be simple given tbe Camaro already has the same system basics) the existing system. Basically a pump/injector/regulator swap, and a good tune.

Complete drop in LS with harness and ECU are dirt cheap.

The dumb thing here is that in a Turbo motor it isn't the motor that makes power but the Turbo. Comes down to what will run the Turbo more efficientliy and this is where the LS will destroy things. Doesn't suck that if you pop a stock motor you can pick one up for $200.

Plenty of guys running stock bottom ends near 1000hp with them. Good luck with a GN motor doing that. That alone tells the whole story.

Exactly. There are things now like more than 2 valves per cylinder, overhead camshafts...Even my diesel is DOHC.
Complete drop in LS with harness and ECU are dirt cheap.The dumb thing here is that in a Turbo motor it isn't the motor that makes power but the Turbo. Comes down to what will run the Turbo more efficientliy and this is where the LS will destroy things. Doesn't suck that if you pop a stock motor you can pick one up for $200.Plenty of guys running stock bottom ends near 1000hp with them. Good luck with a GN motor doing that. That alone tells the whole story.

It would be alot easier to do a GN swap than a V8 conversion..

Well I got a summer job / internship, now I just need to learn Python. laugh.png

Congrats. I found it actually quite simple, although I only had to fix some text file parsing.

Thanks. The only weird thing is indentations over curly braces, but it probably helps keep code more uniform from coder to coder.

When you're done Sean you should have a youtube channel of racing cars.

Edited by ssh

Of course only in a straight line. :lol:

Even my diesel is DOHC.

The dumb thing here is that in a Turbo motor it isn't the motor that makes power but the Turbo. Comes down to what will run the Turbo more efficientliy and this is where the LS will destroy things. Doesn't suck that if you pop a stock motor you can pick one up for $200.

Plenty of guys running stock bottom ends near 1000hp with them. Good luck with a GN motor doing that. That alone tells the whole story.

Your argument was that the fuel system is archaic when indeed it's not. While we're at it, the Buick 3.8 architecture has changed very little since the 70s, so even the GN engine could be considered modern. Hell, if you want to argue further, there's nothing advanced about the LS design either. Most all it's technology is old and proven and been in use for decades, so. . I really see no valid points here.

His stock harness will almost plug right in, so there's half the battle won. GM used both the 3800 and 3400 in them.

I personally would use the Vortec 4.3 if doing a six.

You also have to remember your definition of cheap is far different than many others on the board.

Not everyone wants an LS swap. Hotrodding encompasses all types.

With boost, computer controls, and advancements in materials and machining, it's relatively simple and economical to make big power with anything.

Even my diesel is DOHC.

Your argument was that the fuel system is archaic when indeed it's not. While we're at it, the Buick 3.8 architecture has changed very little since the 70s, so even the GN engine could be considered modern. Hell, if you want to argue further, there's nothing advanced about the LS design either. Most all it's technology is old and proven and been in use for decades, so. . I really see no valid points here.

His stock harness will almost plug right in, so there's half the battle won. GM used both the 3800 and 3400 in them.

I personally would use the Vortec 4.3 if doing a six.

You also have to remember your definition of cheap is far different than many others on the board.

Not everyone wants an LS swap. Hotrodding encompasses all types.

With boost, computer controls, and advancements in materials and machining, it's relatively simple and economical to make big power with anything.

I do like the vortec 4.3's..Great little motors! I think it would be fun to do the GN swap,and different around here anyway smile.png