Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I was popping a fuel line off a RX400h today and pressurized fuel shot out towards my eyes. I have really good reflexes so I turned away before it got into my eyes and it went straight into my ear canal. At first I was like WTF? Then it started to burn. I started to walk towards the tech I work next to and asked him for a cup or bottle of water then it hit me. I yelled out in pain a string of curse words that would have made a sailor blush. I rolled around on the floor cursing at my co worker for not getting my water.

After an hour of flushing and fading in and out of reality because of the pain things settled down.

Holy fuck that hurts!

I am having a hard time hearing, and have to take ibuprofin to stop it from ringing.

Fucking ridiculous.

Ouch. Probably a bit late now but might try cleaning your ear out with olive oil if it still hurts.

I agree. Find something better.

However calling in is bullshit. Break that habit if you can.

Had a family party for the 4th of july I have only called in 3 times in the 2+ years Ive been working there
I would probably write you up if you refused to come in for a shift you had been scheduled for. Don't agree to work if you can't/don't want to. Depending on if you lied about not comming in I would fire ya actually.

Did you find someone to replace you or did you pass that buck too?

You are a smart kid, don't let a shitty work ethic spoil your future.

For the record, the amount of times you call in means so little. If you do it once when you are needed, it destroys any credibility you have earned.

Yes someone filled in for me.

And about the work ethic, I dont think any of you guys would be thrilled about working at Burger King for minimum wage, not making an excuse, just saying that it is not a "cool" job to say the least

I see a ton of things wrong in the way you think....

1. It's a holiday, if everybody made their plans in advance and the schedule was clear cut, you ended up changing other people's schedules and that's not cool

2. What do you do there to make more than the minimum wage? Is it really something that deserves more than minimum wage? 

3. Apply to other jobs. There is no excuse. Day to day I hear people complaining about their minimum wage job, yet when they want to apply to a better job they lack motivation, they act like self-entitled potatoes. 

So, quit yer bitchin, suck it up and turn the ambition to 11 if you want to get somewhere. 

Noooooo

You are fine though Aaron?

Yes, I am good, it was a low speed I95 traffic accordion mess.

Phew

Had a family party for the 4th of july I have only called in 3 times in the 2+ years Ive been working there
I would probably write you up if you refused to come in for a shift you had been scheduled for. Don't agree to work if you can't/don't want to. Depending on if you lied about not comming in I would fire ya actually.

For the record, the amount of times you call in means so little. If you do it once when you are needed, it destroys any credibility you have earned.

And about the work ethic, I dont think any of you guys would be thrilled about working at Burger King for minimum wage, not making an excuse, just saying that it is not a "cool" job to say the least

1. It's a holiday, if everybody made their plans in advance and the schedule was clear cut, you ended up changing other people's schedules and that's not cool

2. What do you do there to make more than the minimum wage? Is it really something that deserves more than minimum wage? 

3. Apply to other jobs. There is no excuse. Day to day I hear people complaining about their minimum wage job, yet when they want to apply to a better job they lack motivation, they act like self-entitled potatoes. 

So, quit yer bitchin, suck it up and turn the ambition to 11 if you want to get somewhere. 

...but....but.....but....he is California entitled.

Did I mention how much I HATE this state?

...but....but.....but....he is California entitled.

Seeing that you were flying to LAX I thought you would comment on California when you saw my post :lol: 

I was popping a fuel line off a RX400h today and pressurized fuel shot out towards my eyes. I have really good reflexes so I turned away before it got into my eyes and it went straight into my ear canal. At first I was like WTF? Then it started to burn. I started to walk towards the tech I work next to and asked him for a cup or bottle of water then it hit me. I yelled out in pain a string of curse words that would have made a sailor blush. I rolled around on the floor cursing at my co worker for not getting my water.

After an hour of flushing and fading in and out of reality because of the pain things settled down.

Holy fuck that hurts!

I am having a hard time hearing, and have to take ibuprofin to stop it from ringing.

Fucking ridiculous.

did it burn through your tympanic membrane?

I actually don't have ear drums. I had ear problems as a kid and had so many surgeries that they have fallen apart. They tried reconstructing my left ear drum, but it collapsed again. It is hilarious when a new doctor looks in my ears!

Did I mention how much I HATE this state?

That's new to me.

Holy fuck that hurts!

Fucking ridiculous.

did it burn through your tympanic membrane?

I actually don't have ear drums. I had ear problems as a kid and had so many surgeries that they have fallen apart. They tried reconstructing my left ear drum, but it collapsed again. It is hilarious when a new doctor looks in my ears!

No damage apart from the pain ? 

So it seems the wife enjoys throwing M80's when the neighbors think they are drag racing their harley's in their garage.

Funny as hell watching them run out to see what happened. 

Mike, the all of the streaming consoles rely on other services to work. I have some accounts on my Roku that are left over from college, so we have Netflix, ESPN, Youtube (free), Pandora (free), HBO Go, Plex (freeish) etc... We use ESPN, Plex and Netflix 98% of the time and that is plenty for us. My friend has his own Plex server so we can stream any movie he owns to our house.

Generally Blue-Ray (or any other system) has the TV apps as an after thought so it is slow and clunky.

If you already have cable you have a couple options.

1. See what streaming services you get for free. If it works for the room you want to watch it in then a Roku would fit your needs.
  2. Potentially buy an extra cable box outright so you don't have to pay the monthly fees.
  3. SlingTV. You can set it up and play all your live cable to your phone, tablet, etc and set it up on a streaming stick on a TV in your house. It's not the cheapest, but if you desire to take your TV mobile, it's pretty nice (*Remember that the streaming quality is completely reliant on wifi speeds and thus your upload speed is likely your limiting factor)

More and more content is becoming available via streaming, if you like Moto GP there is a service for that, as well as soccer, baseball, etc...

My dad got t-boned in a parking lot last Wednesday. The lady was going so fast in the parking lot it lifted the Lexus off the ground, when it came down it rolled and spun on the roof. He only has a couple bruises from safety equipment. Other wise he's doing well.

2015-07-02.jpg

Wow Mike, sorry to hear that, but glad he is OK.

Why are so many people in a hurry? You will get there no matter what speed you are going.

My dad got t-boned in a parking lot last Wednesday. The lady was going so fast in the parking lot it lifted the Lexus off the ground, when it came down it rolled and spun on the roof. He only has a couple bruises from safety equipment. Other wise he's doing well.

2015-07-02.jpg

Glad to hear he is ok!!!!

Why are so many people in a hurry? You will get there no matter what speed you are going.

No idea why she was going that fast in that direction; the only thing that direction is Hobby Lobby.

I think one of my doctorss might live by you Sean.

Know anyone with a newish black S4?

Sweet litle purple deephaven sticker in the window.

Lololol

Anyone out there have a recomendation for a turbo charger for phones?

The G4 didn't come packaged with one..

Mike, the all of the streaming consoles rely on other services to work. I have some accounts on my Roku that are left over from college, so we have Netflix, ESPN, Youtube (free), Pandora (free), HBO Go, Plex (freeish) etc... We use ESPN, Plex and Netflix 98% of the time and that is plenty for us. My friend has his own Plex server so we can stream any movie he owns to our house.

Generally Blue-Ray (or any other system) has the TV apps as an after thought so it is slow and clunky.

1. See what streaming services you get for free. If it works for the room you want to watch it in then a Roku would fit your needs.
  2. Potentially buy an extra cable box outright so you don't have to pay the monthly fees.
  3. SlingTV. You can set it up and play all your live cable to your phone, tablet, etc and set it up on a streaming stick on a TV in your house. It's not the cheapest, but if you desire to take your TV mobile, it's pretty nice (*Remember that the streaming quality is completely reliant on wifi speeds and thus your upload speed is likely your limiting factor)

More and more content is becoming available via streaming, if you like Moto GP there is a service for that, as well as soccer, baseball, etc...

I get about 55 down and 12+ up on my internet speed..As far as WI-FI goes were the TV will be it has a strong signal..I may check out the Roku I think the new model I was looking at has a headphone connection on the remote as well..

https://www.roku.com/products/roku-3

I may go this route. I just was making for sure before I purchase..Did not want to buy something then realize I could have got something better for half the price.. Thanks for the opinions I know absolutely nothing about these streaming players,I have never owned one..

New springfield xd mod 2 45 is now safely at home.

I'm going to handle the 9 tomorrow. I was set on the P938, but was tokd I had to check the xD first.

The XDm 9 is the most reliable gun I have. I abuse it and it just shoots.

I miss my 1911 though. Nothing shoots the same.

:-(

I get about 55 down and 12+ up on my internet speed..As far as WI-FI goes were the TV will be it has a strong signal..I may check out the Roku I think the new model I was looking at has a headphone connection on the remote as well..

I may go this route. I just was making for sure before I purchase..Did not want to buy something then realize I could have got something better for half the price.. Thanks for the opinions I know absolutely nothing about these streaming players,I have never owned one..

Just FYI The Roku 2 is basically the same as the Roku 3 without the headphone remote and cheaper.  If the headphone remote is useful to you then go for it.

Just FYI The Roku 2 is basically the same as the Roku 3 without the headphone remote and cheaper.  If the headphone remote is useful to you then go for it.

How much price difference? and what would be the best place to order?

I am taking your advice,I just purchased a Roku 3 with a HDMI bonus cable for $72.00 smile.png