Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

VnrXOIL.gif

That is very hard to paint. Our main painter has been working on that.

Cool stuff!

She is kinda sexy in a weird way.

Lol

Throat fuck ftmfw?

Question for Sean or anyone else really. What is your method for finding the bandwidth of a midrange driver? Particularly the upper limit. Driver is tb 1337, off axis in the kick panel along with dayton nd20's.

I am listening to the 1337's right now FULL range tongue.png

Of course, mine are on axis.

As for "testing" you have three main options. Sine waves, Bandpass filter white/pink noise, music. The latter being the hardest to tell frequency range, the first being obnoxious and capable of masking reality if you listen to them.

With a hard cone like that you also have to worry about the breakup mode distorting your reality. ie, trying to listen to them full range and equalizing out the breakup would be good. They have a breakup that adds >10dB of gain above 10kHz. If you don't want to go through the effort of neutralizing that on these, I'd just make sure my crossover is at least 10dB down by 10-11kHz and then do your listening tests. Anything less will handicap the results with the extra gain up top. Make sure to try different slopes and see when you change the cross point if you like one better than the other.

They have a sensitivity null somewhere around 1kHz or so as well IIRC. A shelf filter above that rolloff isn't a terrible idea either. Of course this assumes you have a somewhat flexible processor.

Question for Sean or anyone else really. What is your method for finding the bandwidth of a midrange driver? Particularly the upper limit. Driver is tb 1337, off axis in the kick panel along with dayton nd20's.

You need an RTA. You could also play tones one by one and notate what your ears pickup, but it's too time-consuming and far from accurate.

I don't hardly ever use an RTA...and I have access to "real" ones.

Just bandpass some noise over different ranges and when it either gets breakup nasty or doesn't sound any different you will know where you are.

And definitely do each driver independently...

VnrXOIL.gif

That is very hard to paint. Our main painter has been working on that.
Cool stuff!

She is kinda sexy in a weird way.

Lol

Throat fuck ftmfw?

Bdrilliant. I knew there was a reason I liked you past your dapper good looks and badass whip.

Good luck Brad!

Seat belts are bullshit imposed by the govt anyway, just get rid of it.

The Jeep's PO was a firefighter and he said "I'm not wearing a seatbelt, I've seen a lot of bad accidents because of it". Riiiiight...

My GF doesn't like wearing it around town...one time I had to brake hard and she hit her knees on the dash. Guess who's wearing a seatbelt all the time now? 

I would have straight up laughed as long as she wasn't actually hurt.

On as plane with the w. Paris and food here we come

You need an RTA. You could also play tones one by one and notate what your ears pickup, but it's too time-consuming and far from accurate.

I've got an uncalibrated behringer ecm8000 and REW. 

I am listening to the 1337's right now FULL range tongue.png

Of course, mine are on axis.

As for "testing" you have three main options. Sine waves, Bandpass filter white/pink noise, music. The latter being the hardest to tell frequency range, the first being obnoxious and capable of masking reality if you listen to them.

With a hard cone like that you also have to worry about the breakup mode distorting your reality. ie, trying to listen to them full range and equalizing out the breakup would be good. They have a breakup that adds >10dB of gain above 10kHz. If you don't want to go through the effort of neutralizing that on these, I'd just make sure my crossover is at least 10dB down by 10-11kHz and then do your listening tests. Anything less will handicap the results with the extra gain up top. Make sure to try different slopes and see when you change the cross point if you like one better than the other.

They have a sensitivity null somewhere around 1kHz or so as well IIRC. A shelf filter above that rolloff isn't a terrible idea either. Of course this assumes you have a somewhat flexible processor.

Im sure the tweets can pick up the 10khz+ range. 

I think I understand you instructions but I haven't noticed the null above 1khz yet, but I think you can see it in the published freq response. My minidps can do shelf filters. So should I add a bit of gain above 1khz? Tangental question, does the hiccup in the impedance plot at 900-1000hz correspond to the sensitivity null? here's a link to the pdf. 

i noticed the wide bump at 2.5khz so maybe thats why I haven't noticed the null. 

On as plane with the w. Paris and food here we come

What are ya'll eating first?

Staying up watching the playoffs.

Updating to win 10...

mmm.. this is different

mmm.. this is different

In still too scurred. Gonna have too much spy shit built in.

I've like it but I get random crashes all the time when I'm not using it.

mmm.. this is different

mmm.. this is different

mmm.. this is different

So my seat belt buckle will randomly release from the receiver. Sometimes it's because I apply slight pressure to the belt (adjusting positions, etc), other times it's because I bump the buckle receiver, other times it just pops loose. Either way I don't think it's going to do much restraining in an accident. And ironically the spring for the button is shot (probably related) and so when I WANT to get out of the car I have to fight with the damn thing with both hands to get it to release.

Because my car is so old a replacement seat belt buckle receiver is only available from some vintage car parts place for $118 + tax + shipping. Holy fucksticks. Guess it's time to try the local pick-a-parts.

Whats the details on the car? I can see if I can find ya one cheap here.

Congrats on the new job too!!

Seat belts are bullshit imposed by the govt anyway, just get rid of it.

The Jeep's PO was a firefighter and he said "I'm not wearing a seatbelt, I've seen a lot of bad accidents because of it". Riiiiight...

My GF doesn't like wearing it around town...one time I had to brake hard and she hit her knees on the dash. Guess who's wearing a seatbelt all the time now?

I have issues with people wearing them in the back seat. Apparently they don't quite understand that they become nothing but dead weight to fly around without it.

J

mmm.. this is different

i'm looking into what i need to turn off