Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I didn't throw it up today, but you can see the ladder is down so I can.  Have to take the trailer out to get the ladder if I am alone.

I do realize it VERY easily goes in the snowmobile trailer, lol.  I just am hoping to use that one soon though and don't want to move it. :P

Literally the tarp is on the floor of my garage wrapped around it right now.  Looks like a pile of tarp.

So I have found a deal on this http://www.mossberg.com/product/mmr-tactical-65014/

Out the door $545.39 and I am very tempted.

Dead link now.

J

From everything I have read on it the only negatives are the MIL spec trigger and no forward assist.

It is the MMR AR platform.

Keep it cleaned and lubed properly and forward assist is a non-issue. Trigger? Personal choice.

Keep it cleaned and lubed properly and forward assist is a non-issue. Trigger? Personal choice.

Kind of what I gathered.

That is true in MN also.

In a case without amunition. A loaded magazine in the same case as a firearm but not actually in the firearm is enough to get you in trouble unless you have your carry permit.

That is true in MN also.

In a case without amunition. A loaded magazine in the same case as a firearm but not actually in the firearm is enough to get you in trouble unless you have your carry permit.

Forget that stuff.  None of that here.  

download_20151128_182942_zpsbmrjcvzm.jpg

Finally got a good buck off our lease!

Breakfast!!!

Nice! :)

That is true in MN also.

Silly Yankee gun laws.

That is true in MN also.

Silly Yankee gun laws.

Agreed.

Looking for some tips on processing deer. This will be used in the future but it got me thinking.

We get the deer up and quartered quickly. We don't have a place to hang them overnight and probably wouldn't want to as it doesn't always get cold enough to do so.

Most people swear by putting the meat directly on ice for a few days. I've always been against it for some reason.

Just trying to make sure I'm doing my best to have some delicious meat.

Apply directly to the forehead

So I have found a deal on this http://www.mossberg.com/product/mmr-tactical-65014/

Dead link now.

J

From everything I have read on it the only negatives are the MIL spec trigger and no forward assist.

Keep the star chamber clean, and use good lubericant on it (frog lube is fuckin amazing), and change the trigger and it should be ok then.

J

Looking for some tips on processing deer. This will be used in the future but it got me thinking.

We get the deer up and quartered quickly. We don't have a place to hang them overnight and probably wouldn't want to as it doesn't always get cold enough to do so.

Most people swear by putting the meat directly on ice for a few days. I've always been against it for some reason.

In NY if it was below about 35 and going to stay that way for 48 hrs or more, they would hang. If not, butcher immediately, and right into the freezer minus dinner.

J

first fail in that you shot too old of a deer.

I've always had animals hung but have never shot one to eat that was over 20lbs.

In NY if it was below about 35 and going to stay that way for 48 hrs or more, they would hang. If not, butcher immediately, and right into the freezer minus dinner.

J

40f is okay by fda standards

Dead link now.

J

Keep the star chamber clean, and use good lubericant on it (frog lube is fuckin amazing), and change the trigger and it should be ok then.

J

Frog Lube makes me froggy. :lol2:

first fail in that you shot too old of a deer.

I've always had animals hung but have never shot one to eat that was over 20lbs.

20lbs is a rabbit.

And I know the deer is too old for the best but that's what hunting at the in laws is for. All the deer are little bambi's.