Sign in to follow this  
Sencheezy

8000K 55watt DDM Tuning HIDs for 2007 Explorer

i have 35 watt 6k's on my hi an low beams. ive heard that the 55w kits get really hot, sometimes even melting plastic housings. have you had any heat issues so far?

i love the 35w and they are so damn bright but i was thinking about some 55w just for shits and giggles.

one tip i recommend is for anyone else wanting hids, make sure you pick up a headlight restoration kit and clean them up because that haze takes off a whole lot of light output.

I would believe this is case by case, depending on how large the housing is. Because in my explorer, it barely gets even luke warm on the headlights or the foglights, even with them blacked out. I would really go with 55w though. Also, I didn't restore my headlights either, they didn't need it.

As a product tester for hyper-hid's I've been playing with 55w hid's for a bit now and out of all my customers have not had any problems what so ever. Also I run 55w hid's on my personal vehicle and they get hot, but not hot enough to melt any plastic at all.

=)

Believe it or not I live down the street from there store/warehouse location in Huntington Beach. They offer fantastic customer service (lifetime warrantly on everything. I advise though to stray away from their LED tailights as they do not mix well sound systems period ( they are vibration sensitive). They must have additional charges for online customers,  I bought my complete headlight/foglight kit (35w headlights 55w fogs) for only $70 including harnesses needed. They are also a bargain for anyone looking to do LED interior conversion too (I needed about 15 lights so it was somewhere around $80) They're very high quality and carry many different styles depending on how bright you want each light to be.

Believe it or not I live down the street from there store/warehouse location in Huntington Beach. They offer fantastic customer service (lifetime warrantly on everything. I advise though to stray away from their LED tailights as they do not mix well sound systems period ( they are vibration sensitive). They must have additional charges for online customers,  I bought my complete headlight/foglight kit (35w headlights 55w fogs) for only $70 including harnesses needed. They are also a bargain for anyone looking to do LED interior conversion too (I needed about 15 lights so it was somewhere around $80) They're very high quality and carry many different styles depending on how bright you want each light to be.

I wish they gave there site a overhale, it can be a bit discouraging with the current layout.

Order some lights from them for my S550 and BMW 745i, always fast shipping. Prices are really good too.

I wish they gave there site a overhale, it can be a bit discouraging with the current layout.

haha the store is almost the same way haha. There's some items up for display but you iether need to bring your old lights in or know exactly what you need.

Smart thing to do is untint your headlights, that would be a great option!! Lol. Would be surprised how much you could see at night....

Theres a 1 week return policy on bulbs if your dislike the color. Im running 35w 5k headlights and 55w 5k fogs on my lexus. Shines bright white with excellent illumination (never have to use highbeams).

Smart thing to do is untint your headlights, that would be a great option!! Lol. Would be surprised how much you could see at night....

I'm leaving these as is, I plan on doing retros, but these set of lenses are scratched, so I will be trashing these.

Theres a 1 week return policy on bulbs if your dislike the color. Im running 35w 5k headlights and 55w 5k fogs on my lexus. Shines bright white with excellent illumination (never have to use highbeams).

Nice!