S.DeYoung

* Benefit Raffle for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital *

Benefit Raffle for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

• Raffle with all proceeds going to St Jude Childrens Research Hospital
  • $10 a ticket
  • Send gift through PayPal to lucilledeyoungfoundation@gmail.com
  • Seven prizes: 15" SSA ICON 12” SSA GCON, 10" SSA GCON, 12” SSA DCON, SSA Dickies Shirt, (2) SSA Store $25 Coupon Codes
  • Raffle will last one month and end on February 24th, 2013.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Story

On November 6th, 2012 my wife and I welcomed our first child into this world. Lucille Louise DeYoung was born 10 weeks premature into the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at Bronson Hospital in Kalamazoo, Michigan. She spent 64 days in the NICU and came home to us January 9th, 2013.

Lucy-1.jpg

My wife’s pregnancy was a struggle from the beginning. After many complications, being told that we would more than likely lose the baby, and a few trips to the E.R. they finally admitted her (28 weeks pregnant) and told us that she was going to stay until they decided it was time to deliver the baby. After just a few days they decided that it was no longer safe for the baby and that she needed to come out.

Lucy was born a perfectly healthy baby at 3 pounds 2 ounces, perfect all except for her brain. A MRI done a few days after her birth revealed that she suffered a large amount of brain damage. This left my wife and I with so many questions that the doctors could not answer. What does this mean? Will she ever go to school? Ride a bike? Walk? Talk? We still don’t know the answers to these questions but there one thing we do know: She is our miracle baby and the she has already progressed farther than the doctors were expecting.

I am not telling you this story for sympathy but to bring awareness to Lucy’s and other children’s situations. My wife and I would like to raise money for children’s research and help prevent our situation from happening to others.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raffle

Each ticket will cost $10 each. A number will accompany each ticket you buy. Each number will be written on a bottle cap and placed into a jar. Every bottle cap will be the same size and shape to ensure equal odds for everyone. The deadline for purchasing tickets will be Sunday February 24th, 2013 @ 11:59pm. The next day, Monday February 25th, I will make a video of the drawing and I will post it here on SSA in this thread.

How to buy tickets

• Please send a gift through PayPal to lucilledeyoungfoundation@gmail.com
  • Make sure to include “St. Jude Raffle”, which forum you are using, and your screen name into the description
  • An acknowledgement of the gift received will be sent and I will provide you with your raffle number/s.Please allow one or two days for me to respond.
  • I will be updating the second post of this thread with a list of who has donated.
  • If you prefer to be an anonymous donor please let me know.
  • At the end of the raffle I will send a PayPal donation to St Jude. I will post this transaction in this thread.

Prizes

Grand Prize: SSA Icon 15D2

ICON_15_07__11995__05660.1336499977.1280.1280.jpg

1st Prize: SSA GCON 12”

750wrms

Dual 2ohm voicecoils

GCON-12_02.jpg

2nd Prize: SSA GCON 10"

750wrms

Dual 4ohm voicecoils

GCON_10__35627133649950712801280.jpg

3rd Prize: SSA DCON 12”

300wrms

Dual 4ohm voice coils

DCON-12_02.jpg

4th Prize: SSA DICKIES SHIRT IN YOUR SIZE

2011-06-06_156__69757__03043133642861012801280.png

5th & 6th Prize: $25 SSA Store Coupon codes

Saint Jude Children’s Research Hospital

ALL PROCEEDS OF THIS RAFFLE WILL GO TO ST JUDE CHILDRENS RESEARCH HOSPITAL. MY WIFE AND I HAVE PURCHASED THESE PRODUCTS WITH OUR OWN MONEY AND WILL NOT BE REIMBURSED IN ANY WAY.

stjudeLogo_50th.png

www.stjude.org

The mission of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is to advance cures, and means of prevention, for pediatric catastrophic diseases through research and treatment. Consistent with the vision of our founder Danny Thomas, no child is denied treatment based on race, religion or a family's ability to pay.

Please share this with everyone you know. I do not frequent many forums, so if you would like to share it on any other please do.

I would like to thank my wife. She is the toughest person I know, without her strength, Lucy would not be here today. I would also like to thank SSA (Aaron and Mark) for allowing me to do this on their website and for the great products they offer.

Thank you for your time,

Sean DeYoung

Great idea Sean! I wish all the best for you and your family!

We already give $20 a month to St Jude's. It is one of the charities that we feel is worthwhile. We will also purchase a ticket on Friday, and if we are fortunate enough to win, we will donate the item, and said proceeds back to you to give back to St. Jude's.

Best wishes for you and your family. I mod a couple forums and own a forum myself. I will share this in all forums I can.

She is a cutie pie. Congrats on beating the odds thus far. I am certain this little darling will provide you with happiness beyond your imagination.

Wish the best for your family and daughter.

Donations will definitely be going to a worthy cause.

Posted on 3 forums, best of luck

done:D great idea

Thank you everyone!

We already give $20 a month to St Jude's. It is one of the charities that we feel is worthwhile. We will also purchase a ticket on Friday, and if we are fortunate enough to win, we will donate the item, and said proceeds back to you to give back to St. Jude's.

Best wishes for you and your family. I mod a couple forums and own a forum myself. I will share this in all forums I can.

She is a cutie pie. Congrats on beating the odds thus far. I am certain this little darling will provide you with happiness beyond your imagination.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate you spreading the word about this raffle. St Jude's is a great charity and every penny helps towards finding cures for children. Again, thank you for the kind words it means so much to me and my family. :)

done:D great idea

First one bigjon! Thank you for getting the raffle started.

List updated

Another prize was donated and added to the raffle: a 10" SSA GCON!

Bump for an updated list

I wish your family the best. Definitely a worthy cause.

I wish your family the best. Definitely a worthy cause.

Thank you for your donation! :)

Afternoon bump. :)

List updated

Take it to the top!!!

Some sexy subwoofer pics to stir some more interest. Donate to the cause and you could win this:

25C64BEF-FE9B-4C6B-8084-D5C8C6C9D905-22478-00001116A551F1C9.jpg

CBDBE04A-2BF8-43EC-B911-1D287A349061-22478-0000111692D41B98.jpg

889B9795-098E-4498-AB74-01D578FD2C56-22478-0000111684E84159.jpg

Look at that lovely Gcon. :)

2 more prizes donated to the raffle. :)

2 more prizes donated to the raffle. smile.png

What are they?

2 more prizes donated to the raffle. smile.png
What are they?

5th & 6th Prize: $25 SSA Store Coupon codes

nice ! a 15 inch woofer yeah!! i have no use for 12s just wanted to join, but now im all happy!