njanowsky

help with bl 18 setup

i ordered an 18fi bl with dual 2 ohm coils, flatwind coil and cooling options on 1/20/2013. as of right now my order status says "awaiting payment" because i believe i accidentally put my name in the billing details rather than my dad's (his credit card). i emailed fi about 36hrs ago with no response.

i bought a hifonics brutus brz2400 for my amp and have realized that, wired at 1ohm, this would be too strong for the sub. considering my order isn't even processed yet, should i reorder it with 1 ohm coils and wire it at 2ohms to the amp for 1700watts? or is there a way i could keep the dual 2 ohm and use it with the brz2400? or keep the 2 ohm and get a brz1700?

my main concern right now, however, is whether or not i should reorder my sub so i can get it in as soon as possible. will they refund me if i reorder it then the payment for the 1st one goes through?

any feedback here is greatly appreciated, thanks guys

You will be fine. Just keep an eye on the sub and watch the gain. Make sure you have a well designed box too.

You will be fine. Just keep an eye on the sub and watch the gain. Make sure you have a well designed box too.

ya im having a trusted friend build my box. he built one for my friends 15in bl and its phenomenal. when i get it installed (taking it to a shop) if i just mention this to them can they set my gains and what not to safe levels? and to be clear you think im ok sticking with the 2400 and the 2 ohm coils?

Yea they should set it right and you will be fine with your amp now.

Yea they should set it right and you will be fine with your amp now.

thank you sir, much appreciated :)