Sign in to follow this  

is knukonceptz kolossus fleks the best 0 gauge wiring kit out there? seems like a great deal. just got my elite audio kit in from sonic electronix today and not pleased...definitely sending back for some store credit. setting up a hifonics brutus brz2400 running an 18in Fi bl btw. also looking at an audio technix big 3 upgrade kit. reason i'm not just buying the wire and terminals etc myself is because i dont think im experienced enough or have the proper equipment to be setting up a high quality wiring upgrade.

here's the link to the audio technix.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audio-Technix-1-0-GA-Gauge-OFC-Silver-Tinned-Wire-Big-3-Wiring-Upgrade-Kit-5-/110986503556?vxp=mtr&hash=item19d74fa584

should i use some of that store credit i should be getting at sonicelectronix for an additional battery?

It is VERY easy to do your own big 3 "kit" and I would not recommend that brand. The Knu kit is pretty good though.

It is VERY easy to do your own big 3 "kit" and I would not recommend that brand. The Knu kit is pretty good though.

dude you're like my number 1 advisor for this LOL! so i should DEFINITELY get rid of my elite audio kit right? it doesn't necessarily seem horrible looking at it, but i think for my system knukonceptz makes a lot more sense...as soon as i hear back from sonicelectronix about returning it i'll probably order my kolossus.

as for the big 3, what all would i need? ~20ft of 0 gauge, some terminals, a fuse holder+fuse (i think?), and soldering equipment for attaching the terminals? i know im a noob, but thats what i've gathered from watching different videos and what not. all that would be cheaper than buying a premade kit?

edit: should i post pics of the elite audio wire so you can see if i should upgrade or not? i personally don't know if its high quality or not, but every picture i've seen shows the knu looking like it's got a lot more wire and less insulation.

double edit: guess it makes sense for me to just keep my elite audio kit and get the kolossus on top of that. i could use the 0 gauge from the elite for my big 3...that way i can keep the other wires that came with it that aren't included in knukonceptz kit. all i need is a couple more terminals and an inline fuse holder+fuse, i think....o.o

Edited by njanowsky

Measure inside your engine bay, I probably only used ~8-10 feet for my big 3. I like doing wiring right the first time because it is a pain in the ass, so if it were me I'd run the knu wire.

well, to save some money and the pain of returning my kit to sonic, i think i'll just get the knukonceptz for my amp and use the elite for my big 3 and any extra wires i may need.

I'm in the middle of an install right now using the Knukon stuff. It is very good wire, flexible and pretty thick stuff. I'm running two runs of 0 awg for my amps to a second battery. Go with the KnuKon, it's worth it.

ya i ordered the knukon. using my excess 0awg from the elite audio for my big 3.

thinking about buying an XS power ds1200 to throw in my trunk. good battery for my system?