Sencheezy

Today's 4"VC Heavy Hitters

I am only posting this for observational reasons.

F.i. SP4 18" Fully loaded 3,000rms - $564 plus shipping

fisp4_zps5461552b.jpg

DC Audio Level 6m2 4,500rms - $1,200 MAP iirc

DClevel6m2_zpse8e1577b.jpg

SSA Evil 3,250rms - $799 Shipped

ssaevil_zps262c1aaf.jpg

B2 Audio XC 3,000rms - $1,650 Online Warehouse

b2XC_zpsb4bea201.jpg

Tantric Sounds SHD 5,000rms - $735 plus shipping

TSSHD_zps94d7b148.jpg

Crossfire XSv2 2,000rms - $1,299 plus shipping Sonic Electronix

crossfirexsv2_zpsbde92476.jpg

AA SMD 3,500rms - $899.99 plus shipping (v2 coming soon)

aasmd_zpsc7952134.jpg

Those are some sexy subs.

Those are some sexy subs.

Without a doubt.

The SMD v2

IMG_20130112_153301.jpg

That AA V2 is ugly as hell in my opinion. Obviously performance is more important than looks though.

The old Cerein Vega strokers were an ugly beautiful kind of thing.

The old Cerein Vega strokers were an ugly beautiful kind of thing.

Definitely

Those Tantric subs OEM'd by TC or Fi ? I didn't realize anyone else had the rights to those baskets.

Those Tantric subs OEM'd by TC or Fi ? I didn't realize anyone else had the rights to those baskets.

tantric builds there own stuff from what i understand . and those baskets seem to be popping up every where. Edited by bigjon

I came across the post from the owner earlier and can't find it again for the life of me. Something of the nature he purchased 50 of them last year, and that although

Scott "may" get a %, so does the person who tools the basket.

China has the tooling too.

The SMD v2 IMG_20130112_153301.jpg

Damn, he's gonna try to eat the whole thing!!!!!...... O_o

id like to see a zcon motor next to a evil motor :)

id like to see a zcon motor next to a evil motor :)/>
As soon as mine get here ill put some pic's up next to the zcon

Tantric is owned by the owner of TC (to the best of my knowledge), and no, they are not allowed to be using that basket.

**Again, this information is to the best of my knowledge and is no way an absolute fact.**

id like to see a zcon motor next to a evil motor smile.png/>
As soon as mine get here ill put some pic's up next to the zcon

I can make that happen shortly.

Here is a direct comparison of the ZCON Motor (on the left) vs the EVIL Motor (on the right)

Both models are 15" Versions

post-1-0-95760000-1359316929_thumb.jpg

Tantric sounds is tantric sounds, period. They oem for other manufactures too. They're built about an hour away from me. The owner is responsible for some of the beastly subs made, the first gen SS xxx and the first gen TSNS are two many drives he's designed. From what I know, they're in the process of tooling their own baskets soon. But I highly doubt the owner of the patent or tooling is going to do anything....

Not really fair to compare those subs though lol. Price wise per performance don't have a chance against the SHD

Anyone else think it's weird the Tantrics just magically handle more power then all these other companies?

The SMD v2 IMG_20130112_153301.jpg

Damn, he's gonna try to eat the whole thing!!!!!...... O_o

lol

B57AAEFF-8032-4C2A-BA92-A627A7CD127F-9900-0000023FC4422815.jpg

2786BEA8-8A6A-444C-B794-A30412FAB03C-9900-0000023FCA368EAF.jpg

897C109E-70FF-4392-9BED-E272FABF787C-9900-00000249B64ECE76.jpg

They are 10" slugs, SP4's are 8.4".

What sub is that?

Tantric sounds is tantric sounds, period. They oem for other manufactures too. They're built about an hour away from me. The owner is responsible for some of the beastly subs made, the first gen SS xxx and the first gen TSNS are two many drives he's designed. From what I know, they're in the process of tooling their own baskets soon. But I highly doubt the owner of the patent or tooling is going to do anything....

Not really fair to compare those subs though lol. Price wise per performance don't have a chance against the SHD

You are correct, the owner is in the process of tooling his own baskets. And who said anything about comparing?

Anyone else think it's weird the Tantrics just magically handle more power then all these other companies?

They don't "magically" handle more, the Level 6m2 is rated at 4500, and the SMDv2 is rated at 5000 as well, it is not uncommon for subs to handle this much power daily. Hell, even my zcon can even though its not rated to.

From the owner:

yes we use the ti frame because I owned over 500 of them when I opened the company last year and they were bought before scott atwell bought the appearance patent..if he wants to come after me he can but it will just be a heartbreaker for him and there has been no companies put out of business by scott or aa as worse case scenario would be whatever company would have to pay a small amount of profit from speakers sold with that basket and only if scott could come up with the funds to sue said company as he would have to sue all 7 companies currently using the basket here in the states. the real kicker is that Jonathon Demuth owns 73% of the frigin tooling so for every basket bought he gets a frigin percentage of the profits....killin us all from the backside..so appearance patant for the 15 and 18 owned by scott atwel....appearance patent for the 10 and 12 owned by thilo stomper and the real money being made by the guy that bought the tooling....im in the process of tooling all new baskets so I can bypass all this mess...lol...

From the owner: yes we use the ti frame because I owned over 500 of them when I opened the company last year and they were bought before scott atwell bought the appearance patent..if he wants to come after me he can but it will just be a heartbreaker for him and there has been no companies put out of business by scott or aa as worse case scenario would be whatever company would have to pay a small amount of profit from speakers sold with that basket and only if scott could come up with the funds to sue said company as he would have to sue all 7 companies currently using the basket here in the states. the real kicker is that Jonathon Demuth owns 73% of the frigin tooling so for every basket bought he gets a frigin percentage of the profits....killin us all from the backside..so appearance patant for the 15 and 18 owned by scott atwel....appearance patent for the 10 and 12 owned by thilo stomper and the real money being made by the guy that bought the tooling....im in the process of tooling all new baskets so I can bypass all this mess...lol...

Thank you for finding that! lmao I could not remember where the hell I saw that post after I had already closed that tab on my browser.

From the owner: yes we use the ti frame because I owned over 500 of them when I opened the company last year and they were bought before scott atwell bought the appearance patent..if he wants to come after me he can but it will just be a heartbreaker for him and there has been no companies put out of business by scott or aa as worse case scenario would be whatever company would have to pay a small amount of profit from speakers sold with that basket and only if scott could come up with the funds to sue said company as he would have to sue all 7 companies currently using the basket here in the states. the real kicker is that Jonathon Demuth owns 73% of the frigin tooling so for every basket bought he gets a frigin percentage of the profits....killin us all from the backside..so appearance patant for the 15 and 18 owned by scott atwel....appearance patent for the 10 and 12 owned by thilo stomper and the real money being made by the guy that bought the tooling....im in the process of tooling all new baskets so I can bypass all this mess...lol...

Thank you for finding that! lmao I could not remember where the hell I saw that post after I had already closed that tab on my browser.

esss em deee