Sencheezy

Today's 4"VC Heavy Hitters

I'll still take the SHD over the evil.
What in particular makes you say that?
Not sure for his reasoning, I do know some key points that may be.
  • Cheaper
  • build time of only 7 business days (although only one motor left at this time with new ETA of 90 days)
  • higher rms
  • Company is closer to him
  • ~20-30 pounds heavier

Really not much cheaper (according to the price posted here) once you factor in the cost of shipping. Shipping would pretty much equal the price out. Tried finding a website with specs on them but google returned nothing but a facebook page.
There is none, it has been "in the works" since some time last year. Also, specs have been requested many times on their vendor section with nothing, I've contacted Alan Hall also in request from them and was told Monday he would have them, its going into wednesday now. I did speak with the owner at Finals last year, he did seem a bit "unfriendly". I asked a few questions with only a few words of reply.

There won't be any TSP's as far as I know. You'll get xmax, mms, rms more or less.

• Cheaper
  • build time of only 7 business days (although only one motor left at this time with new ETA of 90 days)
  • higher rms
  • ~20-30 pounds heavier

Really not much cheaper (according to the price posted here) once you factor in the cost of shipping. Shipping would pretty much equal the price out. Tried finding a website with specs on them but google returned nothing but a facebook page.
There is none, it has been "in the works" since some time last year. Also, specs have been requested many times on their vendor section with nothing, I've contacted Alan Hall also in request from them and was told Monday he would have them, its going into wednesday now. I did speak with the owner at Finals last year, he did seem a bit "unfriendly". I asked a few questions with only a few words of reply.

if its the same guy i met Ronal Murphy i think his name is.... it seems thats just his personality, short direct very blunt. misunderstood kinda like me.

Kyle, how can you say price for performance isn't there? Have you heard them?

Not the Evils. I'm not putting down the Evils but, considering the SHD is slighly cheaper, 1500rms more with a much larger motor.

• Cheaper
  • higher rms
  • ~20-30 pounds heavier

if its the same guy i met Ronal Murphy i think his name is.... it seems thats just his personality, short direct very blunt. misunderstood kinda like me.

That's kinda their personality.They're not unfriendly, just short and direct. If you talk to them at a smaller show, it's a bit different. Alan and I have butted heads a few times, but got past it. Most people don't know how to take him.

I see. I might be doing some testing in the Camaro with some tantrics. The step down though.

HDDs thats what i have been looking at.. waiting for some testing from alan , we had a good talk at BB finals :D

i was stocked watching those 2 10 inch HDDs take 15000 watts .

I see. I might be doing some testing in the Camaro with some tantrics. The step down though.

The HDD's? I've heard a few setups. None of them were let downs, except one in which someone had no idea what they're doing... Which that's with any driver. They do take a shit load of power and still sound good. If I wasn't getting the IA stuff, I'd be searching for 4hp motors or giving Murphy hands jobs for SHD discounts lol.

I can pick them up if I needed. So no shipping costs. Maybe 35 bucks in gas? Higher RMS, I know the design and the reasons for the different little ques other motors don't have. I know the owner too, so that helps, probably makes slightly biased. I'm not putting the evil down. Price per performance doesn't seem to be there. Maybe if the evil was 550-600 tops it would seem better.

I was comparing prices the "average" consumer would pay....no shipping for you, but I'd have to pay it so it factors in ;)

Mark & Aaron generally apply a DAF to their power ratings....they are conservative. On the other hand we don't know how the power handling of the SHD was rated. In reality you aren't necessarily comparing apples to applies.

Still curious how the "price to performance doesn't seem to be there" when you're comparing it to a sub of equal price (shipping included) that won't even release TSP? Doesn't seem like you're able to compare price to performance when one driver was just released and the other driver has almost no information available on it.

I'm surprised no one's posted these parts express beauties:

293-674_hi.jpg

Or it's heavy weight brother:

293-666_hiv.jpg

Keep calm and carry on. :D

Do not ever post AQ and anything built by Fi in the same debatable topic again.

:roflmao:

I can pick them up if I needed. So no shipping costs. Maybe 35 bucks in gas? Higher RMS, I know the design and the reasons for the different little ques other motors don't have. I know the owner too, so that helps, probably makes slightly biased. I'm not putting the evil down. Price per performance doesn't seem to be there. Maybe if the evil was 550-600 tops it would seem better.
I was comparing prices the "average" consumer would pay....no shipping for you, but I'd have to pay it so it factors in ;)/> Mark & Aaron generally apply a DAF to their power ratings....they are conservative. On the other hand we don't know how the power handling of the SHD was rated. In reality you aren't necessarily comparing apples to applies. Still curious how the "price to performance doesn't seem to be there" when you're comparing it to a sub of equal price (shipping included) that won't even release TSP? Doesn't seem like you're able to compare price to performance when one driver was just released and the other driver has almost no information available on it.

I fully understand what you're saying. But in my original statement I said "I" which is entirely what I meant. I myself. So the shipping to you thing is irrelevant to me. I'm sure the Evil is underrated but the SHD is as well. I'm sure the Evil is going to be a great driver that won't disappoint end users.

The ultra and pro subs aren't really comparable here. Ultras are not over built in the least, you can ask stovebolt6. They're great low end SQ drivers. If you could build the ultra with better soft parts aside from the coil, you'd have a monster on your hands which I'm sure would keep up with these other big boys and probably sound better doing it. Well come close to keeping up.

Let's all wait until summer of 2013 and see what's up.

The SP4 has been out for quite a while and it's just been recently that people have been able to start commenting on them.

Let's all wait until summer of 2013 and see what's up.

The SP4 has been out for quite a while and it's just been recently that people have been able to start commenting on them.

I've heard great and horrible reviews about them.

Well, i've heard them physically and talking to someone, you, who enjoys this hobby, car audio install isn't rocket science.

From what i've personally and many others on here, swift's vehicle, is ridiculous in how accurate sound reproduction is above 150.

Any other install that fails to do so with the same drivers either has an improper install or just a terrible vehicle to use them for.

I am still to this day dumbfounded that the capability even existed for such accuracy at such high pressure levels.

And i'm sure it isn't the only driver that can do it, lol.

Very true. Install goes a long way. Period.

I'd love to hear swifts truck. I've only heard a single sp4 15 on maybe 3k. I enjoyed it. I'd like to hear them with different spiders though. I think there's a little more to be had out of them.

I still want to do a build with some 5200 motors.

I have heard if you contact Crossfire direct they cost from 450-550? I don't know anyone who paid sonics outragous prices for those.

I was reading a thread about that a few days ago, I wish I could find it. Most people seem to have paid just around 5 for the XS V2.

I personaly LOVE the XS V2 I just don't have enough power to push them.

Yes when i ordered 2 of the xsv2 18's they were around 480. Theres a warhouse in Irving Tx

Ive seen lots of videos with the Fi SP4s 18s and they always have the craziest flex and air movement.

Im really torn between trying something big this summer and getting a SSA Evil 18 or getting the Fi SP4 18.

The SP4s are fairly cheap for what they are so that might be the deciding factor, but at the same time I really like everything about SSA as a whole.

AB VFL-Comp

RD Audio Super Heavyweight would hold up against any of these mentioned subs :P

I have not had an issue with the coil rocking on ny evils, but why does all other brands use a spider spacer?