Sencheezy

Today's 4"VC Heavy Hitters

Those Tantric subs OEM'd by TC or Fi ? I didn't realize anyone else had the rights to those baskets.
From the owner: yes we use the ti frame because I owned over 500 of them when I opened the company last year and they were bought before scott atwell bought the appearance patent..if he wants to come after me he can but it will just be a heartbreaker for him and there has been no companies put out of business by scott or aa as worse case scenario would be whatever company would have to pay a small amount of profit from speakers sold with that basket and only if scott could come up with the funds to sue said company as he would have to sue all 7 companies currently using the basket here in the states. the real kicker is that Jonathon Demuth owns 73% of the frigin tooling so for every basket bought he gets a frigin percentage of the profits....killin us all from the backside..so appearance patant for the 15 and 18 owned by scott atwel....appearance patent for the 10 and 12 owned by thilo stomper and the real money being made by the guy that bought the tooling....im in the process of tooling all new baskets so I can bypass all this mess...lol...

This topic makes me feel like we need to jack the price on the Evil to unreasonable / insulting levels to be like everyone else outside of Fi.

i can say this.....

the evil and the tantric SHD are no where close to each other. the only thing that even looks where near the evil is the basket.

Edited by bigjon

The new SMD is supposed to be a jump in price also. So the best values remain the SSA Evil and the Fi SP4 so far. ;)

Not sure if that response from the owner of Tantric stands right with me.

man what happened to the days of 350$ being a top of the line sub.

1200$ + smh my heart and wallet start to hurt when I look at some of this stuff, almost makes 8 10's sound reasonable.

Not sure if that response from the owner of Tantric stands right with me.

Sounds very immature to me.

He sounds more arrogant than anything. He basically said he doesn't care that he's using someone else's baskets when he's not suppose to and had no plans of stopping at least until he used all 500 of his Chinese tooled ones he claims he already had. There is no way in hell I would do business with someone like that or trust anything that came out his mouth.

I have heard if you contact Crossfire direct they cost from 450-550? I don't know anyone who paid sonics outragous prices for those.

I was reading a thread about that a few days ago, I wish I could find it. Most people seem to have paid just around 5 for the XS V2.

I personaly LOVE the XS V2 I just don't have enough power to push them.

I'll still take the SHD over the evil. Though a head to head would be nice. Wonder which would be more musical

Edited by armykyle1

I'll still take the SHD over the evil.

What in particular makes you say that?

Doesn't elevation audio make a big sub with a 4"? Can't wait to see some videos with the evils in action. I want one, but can't power it =[

<p>

I'll still take the SHD over the evil.
</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Not sure for his reasoning, I do know some key points that may be.</p>

<p> </p>

<ul>

<li>Cheaper</li>

<li>build time of only 7 business days (although only one motor left at this time with new ETA of 90 days)</li>

<li>higher rms</li>

<li>Company is closer to him</li>

<li>~20-30 pounds heavier</li>

</ul>

The SHD does look intimidating even next to my evil motor. Yes I compared them this weekend. The problem I have with that driver is that it gets so much attention.... It's never seen a big build yet. There are some in the works but nothing playing. I own the evil subs and can say first hand, it performs! I saw many tantric subs fail under smallish power this weekend at finals. The owner was there and did swap out some subs for the competitors, which I thought was cool.

Just my .02 on the topic.

Doesn't elevation audio make a big sub with a 4"? Can't wait to see some videos with the evils in action. I want one, but can't power it =[

Did not see one on their webpage.

Did not see one on their webpage.

Ah.

I&#39;ll still take the SHD over the evil.

Not sure for his reasoning, I do know some key points that may be.

• Cheaper
  • build time of only 7 business days (although only one motor left at this time with new ETA of 90 days)
  • higher rms
  • Company is closer to him
  • ~20-30 pounds heavier

Really not much cheaper (according to the price posted here) once you factor in the cost of shipping. Shipping would pretty much equal the price out.

Tried finding a website with specs on them but google returned nothing but a facebook page.

• Cheaper
  • build time of only 7 business days (although only one motor left at this time with new ETA of 90 days)
  • higher rms
  • ~20-30 pounds heavier

Really not much cheaper (according to the price posted here) once you factor in the cost of shipping. Shipping would pretty much equal the price out. Tried finding a website with specs on them but google returned nothing but a facebook page.

I can pick them up if I needed. So no shipping costs. Maybe 35 bucks in gas? Higher RMS, I know the design and the reasons for the different little ques other motors don't have. I know the owner too, so that helps, probably makes slightly biased. I'm not putting the evil down. Price per performance doesn't seem to be there. Maybe if the evil was 550-600 tops it would seem better.

I&amp;#39;ll still take the SHD over the evil.
  • Cheaper
  • higher rms
  • ~20-30 pounds heavier

Really not much cheaper (according to the price posted here) once you factor in the cost of shipping. Shipping would pretty much equal the price out. Tried finding a website with specs on them but google returned nothing but a facebook page.

I can pick them up if I needed. So no shipping costs. Maybe 35 bucks in gas? Higher RMS, I know the design and the reasons for the different little ques other motors don't have. I know the owner too, so that helps, probably makes slightly biased. I'm not putting the evil down. Price per performance doesn't seem to be there. Maybe if the evil was 550-600 tops it would seem better.

If you know the owner and are so close how come your not running their subs? Just curious

• Cheaper
  • higher rms
  • ~20-30 pounds heavier

If you know the owner and are so close how come your not running their subs? Just curious

He won the IA contest.

I will say, the only drivers I'd consider out of this bunch is Evil and SHD.

My only hands on with 4" coiled drivers were my buddies custom 4hp 15's. Man those things got sexy low.

• Cheaper
  • higher rms
  • ~20-30 pounds heavier

There is none, it has been "in the works" since some time last year. Also, specs have been requested many times on their vendor section with nothing, I've contacted Alan Hall also in request from them and was told Monday he would have them, its going into wednesday now. I did speak with the owner at Finals last year, he did seem a bit "unfriendly". I asked a few questions with only a few words of reply.

• Cheaper
  • higher rms
  • ~20-30 pounds heavier

He won the IA contest.

the dream system what ever what ever?

• Cheaper
  • higher rms
  • ~20-30 pounds heavier

I didn't say we're close. I said I know him. Shooting the shit from time to time doesn't warrant me asking for shit. Plus I'm getting subs from IA for free. So I'm kinda obligated to utilize the gear they give me. It wouldn't be right if I didn't rep them.

Kyle, how can you say price for performance isn't there? Have you heard them?

• Cheaper
  • higher rms
  • ~20-30 pounds heavier

He won the IA contest.
the dream system what ever what ever?

yes